8:00am to 5:00pm
Mode of Training:
Facilitated Learning (F2F) and Practical Training
This is a 2-week course that covers the basic knowledge and skills needed to work in a molecular diagnostic laboratory for virus detection. It will be taught via blended learning and hands-on practical sessions. Participants will be attached in a molecular diagnostic laboratory for 5 days.
This course aims to provide the participants with the basic knowledge and skills needed to work in a molecular diagnostic laboratory for virus detection.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
1. Describe the general laboratory safety, biosafety requirements and knowledge on Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
2. Perform fundamental techniques in aliquoting lab specimens including pipetting, dilution calculations and precautions
3. Describe basic principle behind molecular testing of viruses
4. Perform RNA extraction technique on clinical samples
5. Perform the operations of Real-Time PCR, interpretation of results and error identification
Medical Laboratory Technologist / Assistant
Minimum Entry Requirements / Assumed Skills and Knowledge
• Science and Technology diploma qualification or an equivalent in relevant working experience (min. 1 year)
• Non Science and Technology diploma holders with O level science training will also be considered on a case-to-case basis
Award / Certification / Accreditation
• Certificate of Attendance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded to participants who meet at least 75% attendance rate
• Certificate of Performance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
A Certificate of Performance will be awarded to participants who pass the assessment and meet at least 75% attendance rate
||Total fees (incl. GST)
|Singapore Citizens aged 40 and above1
|Singapore Citizens aged below 40
|Singapore Permanent Residents
|SME-sponsored Singapore Citizens and Permanent Residents2
|Full Course Fee
Singaporeans aged 25 years and above may use **SkillsFuture Credit balance
to offset respective course fees.1Under the Enhanced Training Support for Small & Medium Enterprises (SMEs) Scheme. For more information of the scheme, click here. To view SP's list of similar funded courses, click
here. Please submit the attached “Declaration Form for Enhanced Training Support Scheme for SME” together with your online application.2Under the SkillsFuture Mid-career Enhanced Subsidy. For more information, visit the SkillsFuture website here.
Please click here for more information on funding incentives.
Eligible for SkillsFuture CreditTerms and Conditions*Please note that once the maximum class size is reached, the online registration will be closed.
You may register your interest, and would be notified if there is new run.
1. All applications must be made via Online Registration at www.pace.sp.edu.sg
Course fees can be paid by the following payment modes:
a) Credit Cards, Internet Banking, NETS (Not Applicable for company sponsored)
For e-payment using Visa/Master cards and Internet Banking, please click on the ‘Make e-Payment’ button on the acknowledgement page to proceed.
b) For NETS payment, you can pay at:
c) For payment via PayNow, please enter the UEN No. T08GB0056ACET and indicate the invoice/registration number.
*With effect from 1 August 2021, cheque payment will not be available.
2. All successful applicants will be notified with a letter of confirmation via email.