* Registration will be closed once seats are filled up
24 hours / 6 lessons
6:30pm to 10:30pm
Mode of Training:
This is an exclusive course hosted by Singapore Polytechnic (SP) in partnership with UL (Underwriters Laboratories), a global safety consulting and Certification Company. The course provides participants a working knowledge of 3D Printing / Additive Manufacturing (AM) process and material characteristics and how to combine AM technologies with traditional manufacturing techniques for part production.
The objectives of the course are to provide participants with the practical industry knowledge they need in selecting AM materials and processes, and how to integrate AM technologies with traditional manufacturing techniques for end-part production.
The course covers:
1. AM Process and Material Characteristics
• Review of AM Workflow
• Review of Polymer Prototype Systems and Materials
• Production Polymer Systems
• Production Metal Systems
• Materials and System Testing
2. Evaluating AM Process with Traditional Manufacturing
• Review of Common Manufacturing Technologies
• Using AM with Injection Molding
• Using AM with Machining
• Using AM with Casting
• Selecting Optimal Materials and Processes for Production
This course is intended for professional designers, technicians, engineers, and business peoples who want to learn about AM technologies, selection materials and processes for part production in AM.
Minimum Entry Requirements / Assumed Skills and Knowledge
• Basic 3D Printing / Additive Manufacturing knowledge
• ITE/Diploma in Engineering
Award / Certification / Accreditation
• Certificate of Attendance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded to participants who meet at least 75% attendance rate
• Certificate of Performance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
A Certificate of Performance will be awarded to participants who pass the examination and meet at least 75% attendance rate
• Certificate of Proficiency (Optional)
An optional joint certificate issued by SP and UL will be awarded to participants who pass the UL Online Quiz. The UL Online Quiz is payable directly to UL
Course Fees payable:
|Singapore Citizens aged below 40 and Singapore PRs||Singapore Citizens||Others|
|Non-SME sponsored||1Sponsored by SME||2Aged 40 and above|
|(incl. GST)||(incl. GST)||(incl. GST)||(incl. GST)|
Singaporeans aged 25 years and above may use **SkillsFuture Credit balance to offset respective course fees.
1 Under the Enhanced Training Support for Small & Medium Enterprises (SMEs) Scheme. For more information, click here. Please submit the attached “Declaration Form for Enhanced Training Support Scheme for SME” together with your online application.
2 Under the SkillsFuture Mid-career Enhanced Subsidy. For more information, visit the SkillsFuture website here.
Please click here for more information on funding incentives.
Registration may be closed once seats are filled up.
1. All applications must be made via Online Registration at www.pace.sp.edu.sg
Course fees can be paid by the following payment modes:
a) Credit Cards, Internet Banking, NETS (Not Applicable for company sponsored)
For e-payment using Visa/Master cards and Internet Banking, please click on the ‘Make e-Payment’ button on the acknowledgement page to proceed.
b) For NETS payment, you can pay at:
Please make cheques payable to “Singapore Polytechnic”. Do cross the cheque and write the Registration Reference ID, Applicant Name and NRIC/FIN number at the back of the cheque. When you have completed required details, you may mail the cheque here.
Please note that an administrative charge of $15 will be imposed for any returned cheques from the bank or financial institution.
2. All successful applicants will be notified with a letter of confirmation via email.