9:00am to 12:00pm
Mode of Training:
E-Learning and Practical Training
Singapore Polytechnic and Online
The course aims to train the existing workforce of PV contractors and M&E companies on PV system planning, design and installation so as to upskill them in their work.
This course equips participants with essential knowledge and skills in PV system planning, design and installation. Participants can apply what they have learnt through this course in PV system design including site survey for PV project, use of customers’ information, selection and procurement of right components for PV system, PV electrical circuit design, installation of PV system, testing & commissioning, and system integration with utility grid in compliance with local regulations. Moreover, Participants can also apply their knowledge and skills to maintain and operate the PV system in order to optimize the performance of PV system and reduce the system operation expenditure.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
1. Design solar Photovoltaic (PV) systems and their integration to the power grid based on recommended technical specifications and project requirements
2. Administer energy assessments and site analysis procedures to recommend suitability of sites and optimisation methods for usable space
Topics to be covered
1. Overview of solar Photovoltaic(PV) System
2. Solar Photovoltaic(PV) Project Planning, Analyses and Development
3. Design and Installation of A Solar Photovoltaic(PV) System
4. Practical: Site Survey And Analysis of Site Conditions for Solar PV Installation
5. Practical: Installation of Solar PV System
6. Practical: Testing And Commissioning of Solar PV System
7. Practical assessment and written test
Project supervisor or Manager/site assistant engineer or engineer/system design engineer/O&M assistant engineer or engineer/asset manager
Minimum Entry Requirements / Assumed Skills and Knowledge
ITE Nitec certification and/or with 1 year basic electrical experience
Award / Certification / Accreditation
• Certificate of Attendance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded to participants who meet at least 75% attendance rate
• Certificate of Performance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
A Certificate of Performance will be awarded to participants who pass the assessment and meet at least 75% attendance rate
Eligible for SkillsFuture CreditTerms and Conditions*Please note that once the maximum class size is reached, the online registration will be closed.
You may register your interest, and would be notified if there is new run.
1. All applications must be made via Online Registration at www.pace.sp.edu.sg
Course fees can be paid by the following payment modes:
a) Credit Cards, Internet Banking, NETS (Not Applicable for company sponsored)
For e-payment using Visa/Master cards and Internet Banking, please click on the ‘Make e-Payment’ button on the acknowledgement page to proceed.
b) For NETS payment, you can pay at:
c) For payment via PayNow, please enter the UEN No. T08GB0056ACET and indicate the invoice/registration number.
*With effect from 1 August 2021, cheque payment will not be available.
2. All successful applicants will be notified with a letter of confirmation via email.