Mode of Training:
Course will be delivered using both the lecture and hands-on practical activities
This course provides participants with the knowledge of Solar energy resource, Solar PV technologies, design of PV systems and skills in the installation, testing & commissioning and O&M of Solar PV System.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
• Conduct measurement and calculation of Sun motion and variation of Sun path in a year at different location
• Conduct site survey for assessment of the feasibility of Solar PV installation
• Explain the various solar PV technologies for solar cell and panel and their recent development
• Monitor and analyse the performance of solar panel under the different operational conditions
• Explain the balance of Solar PV System that covers all other components in a Solar PV System except Solar panels
• Describe the structures of different Solar PV Systems and their applications in the market
• Design a grid-tied Solar PV System
• Design a stand-alone Solar PV System
• Perform testing and commissioning of a grid-tied Solar PV System
• Monitor the operation of a Solar PV System through data acquisition and analyses
• Evaluate the performance of a Solar PV System and conduct preventive tests
• Solar Photovoltaic (PV) Technology, Applications and Market
• Solar Energy and its profile in Singapore
• The measurement of solar radiation and site survey for Solar PV System
• Solar PV technologies and PV Cells/Modules
• Solar PV Generator (PV string and Array)
• Balance of Solar PV System - (1). A grid-tied Solar PV System
• Balance of Solar PV System - (2). A stand-alone Solar PV System
• Design of a PV System
• Installation, Operation & Maintenance of a PV System
• Testing and Commissioning of a grid-tied Solar PV System
• Group sharing on testing and commissioning of PV System
Solar PV and ESS Asset Maintenance Senior Technical Officer; Solar PV Project Development Site Supervisor; Solar PV Project Development Engineer; PV system integrators, PV Design engineer, PV Project engineer/manager, PV O&M engineer/technical officers, PV service engineer/technical officers.
Minimum Entry Requirements / Assumed Skills and Knowledge
Some experience with electrical and electronic engineering, or has completed electrical engineering related/relevant courses.
Award / Certification / Accreditation
• Certificate of Attendance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded to participants who meet at least 75% attendance rate
• Certificate of Performance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
A Certificate of Performance will be awarded to participants who pass the assessment and meet at least 75% attendance rate
Course Fees payable:
|Singapore Citizens aged below 40 and Singapore PRs||Singapore Citizens||Others|
|Non-SME sponsored||1Sponsored by SME||2Aged 40 and above||3Aged 35 and above, and earn ≤ $2,000 per month|
Singaporeans aged 25 years and above may use **SkillsFuture Credit balance to offset respective course fees.
1 Under the Enhanced Training Support for Small & Medium Enterprises (SMEs) Scheme. For more information, click here.
Please submit the attached “Declaration Form for Enhanced Training Support Scheme for SME” together with your online application.
2 Under the SkillsFuture Mid-career Enhanced Subsidy. For more information, visit the SkillsFuture website here.
3 Under the Workfare Training Support (WTS) scheme. For more information on the scheme, click here.
Please click here for more information on funding incentives.
*Please note that once the maximum class size is reached, the online registration will be closed.
1. All applications must be made via Online Registration at www.pace.sp.edu.sg
Course fees can be paid by the following payment modes:
a) Credit Cards, Internet Banking, NETS (Not Applicable for company sponsored)
For e-payment using Visa/Master cards and Internet Banking, please click on the ‘Make e-Payment’ button on the acknowledgement page to proceed.
b) For NETS payment, you can pay at:
Please make cheques payable to “Singapore Polytechnic”. Do cross the cheque and write the Registration Reference ID, Applicant Name and NRIC/FIN number at the back of the cheque. When you have completed required
details, you may mail the cheque here.
Please note that an administrative charge of $15 will be imposed for any returned cheques from the bank or financial institution.
2. All successful applicants will be notified with a letter of confirmation via email.