06 Sept to 15 Sept 2021
07 Jun to 22 Aug 2021
8:30am to 5:30pm, (Monday to Friday)
Mode of Training:
Facilitated Learning (F2F) and Practical Training
This course provides participants with the knowledge of Solar energy resource, Solar PV technologies, design of PV systems and skills in the installation, testing & commissioning and O&M of Solar PV System.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
• Conduct measurement and calculation of Sun motion and variation of Sun path in a year at different location
• Conduct site survey for assessment of the feasibility of Solar PV installation
• Explain the various solar PV technologies for solar cell and panel and their recent development
• Monitor and analyse the performance of solar panel under the different operational conditions
• Explain the balance of Solar PV System that covers all other components in a Solar PV System except Solar panels
• Describe the structures of different Solar PV Systems and their applications in the market
• Design a grid-tied Solar PV System
• Design a stand-alone Solar PV System
• Perform testing and commissioning of a grid-tied Solar PV System
• Monitor the operation of a Solar PV System through data acquisition and analyses
• Evaluate the performance of a Solar PV System and conduct preventive tests
• Solar Photovoltaic (PV) Technology, Applications and Market
• Solar Energy and its profile in Singapore
• The measurement of solar radiation and site survey for Solar PV System
• Solar PV technologies and PV Cells/Modules
• Solar PV Generator (PV string and Array)
• Balance of Solar PV System - (1). A grid-tied Solar PV System
• Balance of Solar PV System - (2). A stand-alone Solar PV System
• Design of a PV System
• Installation, Operation & Maintenance of a PV System
• Testing and Commissioning of a grid-tied Solar PV System
• Group sharing on testing and commissioning of PV System
Solar PV and ESS Asset Maintenance Senior Technical Officer; Solar PV Project Development Site Supervisor; Solar PV Project Development Engineer; PV system integrators, PV Design engineer, PV Project engineer/manager, PV O&M engineer/technical officers, PV service engineer/technical officers.
Minimum Entry Requirements / Assumed Skills and Knowledge
Have Some experience with electrical and electronic engineering, or has completed electrical engineering related/relevant courses.
Award / Certification / Accreditation
• Certificate of Attendance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded to participants who meet at least 75% attendance rate
• Certificate of Performance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
A Certificate of Performance will be awarded to participants who pass the examination and meet at least 75% attendance rate
Eligible for SkillsFuture CreditTerms and Conditions*Please note that once the maximum class size is reached, the online registration will be closed.
You may register your interest, and would be notified if there is new run.
1. All applications must be made via Online Registration at www.pace.sp.edu.sg
Course fees can be paid by the following payment modes:
a) Credit Cards, Internet Banking, NETS (Not Applicable for company sponsored)
For e-payment using Visa/Master cards and Internet Banking, please click on the ‘Make e-Payment’ button on the acknowledgement page to proceed.
b) For NETS payment, you can pay at:
c) For payment via PayNow, please enter the UEN No. T08GB0056ACET and indicate the invoice/registration number.
*With effect from 1 August 2021, cheque payment will not be available.
2. All successful applicants will be notified with a letter of confirmation via email.