9am to 6pm
Mode of Training:
This course was co-created with the industry to ensure relevancy of knowledge and competency, and is the only short course offering the theoretical knowledge and evaluation of ingredients on surfactants and performance additives for different applications in specialty chemicals industry up to date.
The course equips participants with introduction, classification and applications of surfactants and additives (i.e. consumer care, oilfields and lubricants, adhesives, coatings, paints etc.). They may be categorised according to their functions such as dispersants, foam boosters, wetting agents, emulsifiers, cleansing agents, solubilisers, colourants, light stabilisers, aesthetic enhancers, protective barriers, preservatives and others. The effective application of the ingredients will influence the final qualities of the formulations in accordance to specific requirements.
By the end of the Course, participants will be able to:
1. Identify the functions of different types of surfactants in various applications
2. Evaluate the surface phenomenon of surfactant
3. Differentiate characters of surfactants and emulsion systems
4. Analyse the functions of performance (functional) additives for various applications
• Production Engineer
• Technical Specialist / Formulation Specialist
• Research & Development (R&D) / Application / Chemist / Product Manager
• Laboratory Technician / Analyst / Supervisor / Engineer
• Chemical Process Technician / Technologist
• Fragrance Evaluator / Manager
• Consumer Sensory Insights Specialist / Manager
• Regulatory Affairs Specialist / Manager
• Associate Researcher / Research Technologist
• Quality Assurance Specialist / Manager
Minimum Entry Requirements / Assumed Skills and Knowledge
Polytechnic Diploma / Degree in relevant Science / Engineering discipline or equivalent qualifications.
Award / Certification / Accreditation
• Certificate of Attendance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded to participants who meet at least 75% attendance rate
• Certificate of Performance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
A Certificate of Performance will be awarded to participants who pass the assessment and meet at least 75% attendance rate
*Please note that once the maximum class size is reached, the online registration will be closed.
1. All applications must be made via Online Registration at www.pace.sp.edu.sg
Course fees can be paid by the following payment modes:
a) Credit Cards, Internet Banking, NETS (Not Applicable for company sponsored)
For e-payment using Visa/Master cards and Internet Banking, please click on the ‘Make e-Payment’ button on the acknowledgement page to proceed.
b) For NETS payment, you can pay at:
Please make cheques payable to “Singapore Polytechnic”. Do cross the cheque and write the Registration Reference ID, Applicant Name and NRIC/FIN number at the back of the cheque. When you have completed required
details, you may mail the cheque here.
Please note that an administrative charge of $15 will be imposed for any returned cheques from the bank or financial institution.
2. All successful applicants will be notified with a letter of confirmation via email.