30 Oct - 19 Feb 2021
01 Oct - 18 Oct 2020
30 hours / 15 days
6pm - 8pm (Fri)
Mode of Training:
Blk T2127, Singapore Polytechnic
Survival Korean is ideal for individuals who are looking to learn more about the Korean language, culture and etiquette in a fun and non-academic way.
Survival Korean introduces participants to the Korean language, culture and etiquette. Emphasis will be given to learning key spoken expressions, basic conversations and cultural practices used in different settings and situations.
- Introduction to Korea, the Korean Alphabet
- Greetings and greeting etiquette, self-introduction
- Common objects and places
- Daily life
- Shopping, numbers and currency
- Travel and food
- Korean holidays
- Traditional Korean games
Individuals who are visiting Korea for the first time, either for study or work.
Minimum Entry Requirements / Assumed Skills and Knowledge
Individuals with little or no prior knowledge of the Korean language, culture and etiquette.
Award / Certification / Accreditation
If a participant…
- Fails the assessment but meets 75% attendance – participant will receive a Certificate of Attendance
- Meets 75% attendance and passes the assessment - participant will receive a Certificate of Performance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
| ||Singapore Citizens aged 50 and above ||Singapore PRs/Foreigners|
|Funding available||50% of the course fee excluding GST (capped at $500 per course)||Nil|
|Course Fees Payable||$222.30 (incl. of GST)||$417.30 (incl. of GST)|
1. Government subsidy will only apply to the course fee portion and will not cover GST
2. For more information on National Silver Academy (NSA), please click here
Please click here
for more information on funding incentives.
* Registration may be closed once seats are filled up
1. All applications must be made via Online Registration at www.pace.sp.edu.sg
Course fees can be paid by the following payment modes:
a) Credit Cards, Internet Banking, NETS (Not Applicable for company sponsored)
For e-payment using Visa/Master cards and Internet Banking, please click on the ‘Make e-Payment’ button on the acknowledgement page to proceed.
b) For NETS payment, you can pay at:
Please make cheques payable to “Singapore Polytechnic”. Do cross the cheque and write the Registration Reference ID, Applicant Name and NRIC/FIN number at the back of the cheque. When you have completed required details, you may mail the cheque here.
Please note that an administrative charge of $15 will be imposed for any returned cheques from the bank or financial institution.
2. All successful applicants will be notified with a letter of confirmation via email.