9:00am to 6:00pm
Mode of Training:
Facilitated Learning (F2F)
Food manufacturers face numerous challenges from ever-changing economic, social and environmental conditions. With ingredient costs climbing and global climate change becoming a major issue, food producers must now address environmental concerns, social responsibility and economic viability when shaping their food processing techniques for the future. This module analyses the sustainability issues in food manufacturing including wastage reduction, productivity improvement and efficiency.
The course aims to introduce participants to minimal food processing techniques and novel technologies. Participants will be able to apply the concept of sustainability in the food industry. Participants will be introduced to appropriate tools and apply these to improve food manufacturing processes in order to eliminate waste, decrease variation, enhance product quality and increase productivity.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
1. Investigate global patterns and trends of food consumption and production
2. Discuss what sustainability means with reference to food
3. Explore how technological advances are used to reduce wastage from the food system
4. Explore how technological advances are used to improve productivity in the food production
Topics to be covered
1. Impacts of food production to the climate change and environment
2. Trends of food consumption and production
3. Meaning of sustainability
4. Minimal food processing techniques and novel technologies
5. Appropriate tools to improve food manufacturing processes
6. Appropriate tools to eliminate waste from food production
7. Appropriate tools to enhance product quality and increase productivity.
Production Operator / Line Operator / Production Planner / Production Manager
Minimum Entry Requirements / Assumed Skills and Knowledge
Basic English Proficiency and Full-time Polytechnic Diploma / ITE Technical Diploma / ITE Technical Engineering Diploma / ITE Work-Learn Technical Diploma
Award / Certification / Accreditation
• Certificate of Attendance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded to participants who meet at least 75% attendance rate
• Certificate of Performance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
A Certificate of Performance will be awarded to participants who pass the examination and meet at least 75% attendance rate
Full Fees (before GST): $720.00
GST payable for all funding-eligible applicants*: $15.12
GST payable for others: $50.40
|Applicants/Eligibility||SkillsFuture Funding||Subsidised Fee (after GST)|
|Singapore Citizens aged 40 and above1||$648.00||$87.12|
|Singapore Citizens aged below 40||$504.00||$231.12|
|Singapore Permanent Residents and LTVP+ Holders||$504.00||$231.12|
|SME-sponsored Singapore Citizens, Permanent Residents and LTVP+ Holders2||$648.00||$87.12|
|Others (Full fees payable)||$0.00||$770.40|
*As per SSG’s policy, the GST payable is calculated based on 7% of the baseline funding subsidy of 70%
Singaporeans aged 25 years and above may use **SkillsFuture Credit balance to offset respective course fees.
1Under the SkillsFuture Mid-career Enhanced Subsidy. For more information, visit the SkillsFuture website here.
2 Under the Enhanced Training Support for Small & Medium Enterprises (SMEs) Scheme. For more information of the scheme, click here. To view SP’s list of similar funded courses, click here. Please submit the attached “Declaration Form for Enhanced Training Support Scheme for SME” together with your online application.
Please click here for more information on funding incentives.
Eligible for SkillsFuture CreditTerms and Conditions*Please note that once the maximum class size is reached, the online registration will be closed. You may register your interest, and would be notified if there is a new run.
1. All applications must be made via Online Registration at www.pace.sp.edu.sg
Course fees can be paid by the following payment modes:
a) Credit Cards, Internet Banking, NETS (Not Applicable for company sponsored)
For e-payment using Visa/Master cards and Internet Banking, please click on the ‘Make e-Payment’ button on the acknowledgement page to proceed.
b) For NETS payment, you can pay at:
c) For payment via PayNow, please enter the UEN No. T08GB0056ACET and indicate the invoice/registration number.
*With effect from 1 August 2021, cheque payment will not be available
2. All successful applicants will be notified with a letter of confirmation via email.