14 hours / 2 days
9:00am to 5:00pm
Mode of Training:
Facilitated Learning (F2F) and Facilitated Learning (Online Synchronous)
Singapore Polytechnic and Online
Educators are able to use electronic media and technologies for delivery of lessons in the classroom but often face challenges in delivery of online courses. Today, training organisations and educational institutions are implementing
blended learning strategies, including technology-enabled learning with eLearning as the most common method.
While most educators may be familiar with teaching and facilitation of learning in the classroom, they will need different approaches, skills and knowledge to be effective in the eLearning environment.
Successful online learning also require the use of appropriate technologies, support mechanisms and knowledge of the tools available in their training environment, in addition to good e-facilitation skills that will provide an effective learning experience
for their learners.
In this course, participants will be introduced to common eLearning tools and systems for online delivery, and use practical learning technologies and free tools to develop relevant e-learning activities for collaboration and facilitating learners outside
At the end of the course, participants will be able to:
a) Develop an eLearning delivery plan to manage the eLearning activities and assessments
b) Guide and facilitate learners to ensure an effective learning experience
c) Monitor and document eLearner progress to ensure learning outcomes are achieved.
1. Overview of technology enabled learning environments and tools
• Determine the learning outcomes and teaching strategy of a course / programme
• Develop or interpret the eLearning delivery plan to manage and sequence elearning activities and • logical progression of content
• Identify the technical requirements of the eLearning environments
• Engage students in the classroom through the use of technologies and tools
• Interact with students online through the use of technologies and tools
• Synchronous and asynchronous modes
• Technical and learner support mechanisms for eLearners
2. Successful facilitation in an eLearning environment
• Establish groups and learner support mechanisms
• Develop relationships and protocols for eLearners
• Best practices in eLearning facilitation
• Facilitate eLearning according to the delivery plan through relevant tools
• Provide opportunities for collaboration
• Guide and support enquiry and engagement
• Authentic learning, practice and formative assessments
3. Monitor e-Learning
• Monitor technologies & tools
• Encourage participation in eLearning activities
• Intervene to ensure momentum and engagement
• Document progress and outcomes
• Maintain and secure learner records
4. Practice and Review
• Interpret a lesson plan to identify technologies, tools and approaches for eLearning.
• Organise and facilitate an eLearning activity (demonstration)
• Facilitate / moderate a synchronous discussion (with different technologies)
• Conduct an e-Exam (role-play and discussions on best practices)
• Review of effectiveness of eLearning delivery and facilitation
• Identify areas of improvements and recommend actions to improve facilitation of eLearning.
Trainers, adult educators, facilitators, teachers, lecturers, L&D consultants working in an eLearning environment.
Minimum Entry Requirements / Assumed Skills and Knowledge
Award / Certification / Accreditation
• Certificate of Attendance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded to participants who meet at least 75% attendance rate
Mr Daniel Ong
Daniel has over 30 years of working experience in teaching and training at several institutions of higher learning (IHLs) in Singapore.
Although he had attained postgraduate qualifications in engineering and technology courses, Daniel decided to move into educational technology when online learning was still new. He pioneered eLearning operations in the Polytechnic. Daniel also provided content development services and trainings to educators both in Singapore and overseas.
Currently, he is a trainer for ESS modules at SP-PACE Academy in WSQ - Workplace Safety and Health programmes, and the eLearning module in the Diploma in Adult and Continuing Education (DACE). He has also attained WSQ qualifications in ACTA and DACE.
Eligible for SkillsFuture CreditTerms and Conditions*Please note that once the maximum class size is reached, the online registration will be closed.
You may register your interest, and would be notified if there is new run.
1. All applications must be made via Online Registration at www.pace.sp.edu.sg
Course fees can be paid by the following payment modes:
a) Credit Cards, Internet Banking, NETS (Not Applicable for company sponsored)
For e-payment using Visa/Master cards and Internet Banking, please click on the ‘Make e-Payment’ button on the acknowledgement page to proceed.
b) For NETS payment, you can pay at:
c) For payment via PayNow, please enter the UEN No. T08GB0056ACET and indicate the invoice/registration number.
*With effect from 1 August 2021, cheque payment will not be available.
2. All successful applicants will be notified with a letter of confirmation via email.