20 Oct 2021 to 23 Feb 2022
23 Aug 2021 to 20 Sep 2021
65 hours / 16 weeks
6:30pm to 9:30pm, (Wed)
Mode of Training:
Facilitated Learning (F2F)
This course provides the participants with the theory and practical skills required for the collection of viable blood and other body fluids in a clinical setting.
Successful participants, who receive a certificate of performance and attain a minimum of 50 successful blood collections, are eligible to take the international certifying examination, PBT(ASCPi), conducted by the American Society for Clinical Pathology.
1.Introduction to the health care delivery system and medical terminology.
2.Venipuncture using evacuated tube system.
3.Venipuncture using winged infusion needle.
5.Anatomy & Physiology related to phlebotomy.
6.Phlebotomy Theory – Blood collection equipment, types of additives and pre-analytical factors.
8.Safety in Phlebotomy.
9.Quality assurance in Phlebotomy.
10.Blood Cultures and other special procedures.
11.Urinalysis & other body fluid/sample collection, transport & storage.
12.Accreditation & Regulatory Guidelines.
13.Pre-analytical variables and its effects on laboratory results & patient management.
14.Theory & Practical Test.
The course is particularly suitable for medical technologists, nurses and phlebotomists who are required to take blood and other body fluids specimens from patients for laboratory testing.
Minimum Entry Requirements / Assumed Skills and Knowledge
Applicants must meet the following entry requirements:
1) Possess a minimum qualification of GCE ‘N’ level or WPLN level 6.
2) Clinical Placement- sample letter
3) Report of Anti-HBs level.
Applicants who do not meet the entry requirement will not be accepted into the course. PACE reserves the rights to drop participants from the course for any submission of inaccurate or false declaration.
Award / Certification / Accreditation
• Certificate of Attendance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded to participants who meet at least 75% attendance rate
• Certificate of Performance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
A Certificate of Performance will be awarded to participants who pass the examination and meet at least 75% attendance rate
• No certificate will be issued to participants who have failed to complete the 20 hours of clinical practice with a minimum of 20 successful blood collections or failed to achieve a minimum of 75% attendance in taught lessons, regardless of whether they did or did not pass the theory and/or the practical test.
Eligible for SkillsFuture CreditTerms and Conditions*Please note that once the maximum class size is reached, the online registration will be closed.
You may register your interest, and would be notified if there is new run.
1. All applications must be made via Online Registration at www.pace.sp.edu.sg
Course fees can be paid by the following payment modes:
a) Credit Cards, Internet Banking, NETS (Not Applicable for company sponsored)
For e-payment using Visa/Master cards and Internet Banking, please click on the ‘Make e-Payment’ button on the acknowledgement page to proceed.
b) For NETS payment, you can pay at:
c) For payment via PayNow, please enter the UEN No. T08GB0056ACET and indicate the invoice/registration number.
*With effect from 1 August 2021, cheque payment will not be available.
2. All successful applicants will be notified with a letter of confirmation via email.