8:30am to 5:30pm
Mode of Training:
Facilitated Learning (F2F)
This course provides a non-technical introduction to 5G with a focus on understanding the business case for 5G. Participants will learn how 5G’s improved performance will drive new services and business models as compared to previous generation of 1G to 4G. The course includes case examples of 5G benefits and opportunities for consumer, enterprise space and other technologies such as AI and IoT.
This course aims to introduce participants to 5G in a non-technical manner. It teaches participants how 5G can be used to develop new business models and new products, services and lines of businesses. It also explains Design Thinking approach to visualize how 5G technology can be applied to meet the needs of their organisations/customers so that they are more prepared to use what they learn in this course.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
• Describe 5G and its benefits to consumers
• Explain/identify the business opportunities brought about by 5G, and the enabling technologies of AI and IoT
• Describe the way 5G is deployed and monetized in different parts of the world
• Ideate new products and services brought about by 5G to bring about business outcomes
Topics to be covered
• What is 5G? A non-technical introduction to 5G
- Development and evolution of mobile technology from 1G to 5G
- Main drivers in each generation of mobile technology
• Benefits of 5G. Why is it a game-changer?
- How 5G can fulfil multiple use cases in both consumer and enterprise space
• Key 5G features and timeline of rollout
- Key technologies in 5G and timeline plan
• 5G, AI and IoT: Creating massive business opportunities
- What is AI, IoT and AIoT
- How they enable innovative use cases to create business opportunities
• 5G around the world
- Major players and ecosystems
- How major players deploy 5G use cases (esp. consumer markets) and their roll out strategies to drive adoption
- 5G as a platform for Industry Transformation (nus.edu.sg)
• Introduction to design thinking
• Application of 5G using design thinking methodology
• Strategic National Projects, Urban Living, Transport, Health, Digital Government Services, Startups and Business.
Infrastructure Executives in the Infocomm Sector/Project Executives in the Logistics Sector/Assistant Engineers/Engineers in Electronics, Engineering Services and Public Transport Sectors.
Minimum Entry Requirements / Assumed Skills and Knowledge
Basic Computer Literacy in Software and Programming
Award / Certification / Accreditation
• Certificate of Attendance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded to participants who meet at least 75% attendance rate
• Certificate of Performance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
A Certificate of Performance will be awarded to participants who pass the assessment and meet at least 75% attendance rate
Full Fees (before GST): $440.00
GST payable for all funding-eligible applicants*: $9.24
GST payable for others: $30.80
|Applicants/Eligibility||SkillsFuture Funding||Subsidised Fee (after GST)|
|Singapore Citizens aged 40 and above1||$396.00||$53.24|
|Singapore Citizens aged below 40||$308.00||$141.24|
|Singapore Permanent Residents and LTVP+ Holders||$308.00||$141.24|
|SME-sponsored Singapore Citizens, Permanent Residents and LTVP+ Holders2||$396.00||$53.24|
|Others (Full fees payable)||$0.00||$470.80 |
*As per SSG’s policy, the GST payable is calculated based on 7% of the baseline funding subsidy of 70%
Singaporeans aged 25 years and above may use **SkillsFuture Credit balance to offset respective course fees.
1Under the SkillsFuture Mid-career Enhanced Subsidy. For more information, visit the SkillsFuture website here.
2 Under the Enhanced Training Support for Small & Medium Enterprises (SMEs) Scheme. For more information of the scheme, click here. To view SP’s list of similar funded courses, click here. Please submit the attached “Declaration Form for Enhanced Training Support Scheme for SME” together with your online application.
Please click here for more information on funding incentives.
Eligible for SkillsFuture CreditTerms and Conditions*Please note that once the maximum class size is reached, the online registration will be closed. You may register your interest, and would be notified if there is a new run.
1. All applications must be made via Online Registration at www.pace.sp.edu.sg
Course fees can be paid by the following payment modes:
a) Credit Cards, Internet Banking, NETS (Not Applicable for company sponsored)
For e-payment using Visa/Master cards and Internet Banking, please click on the ‘Make e-Payment’ button on the acknowledgement page to proceed.
b) For NETS payment, you can pay at:
c) For payment via PayNow, please enter the UEN No. T08GB0056ACET and indicate the invoice/registration number.
*With effect from 1 August 2021, cheque payment will not be available
2. All successful applicants will be notified with a letter of confirmation via email.