16 hours / 2 days
Mode of Training:
Classroom and/or workshop/laboratory
This short course is to let participants understand the finite element method for solving engineering problems (i.e., vibration). The use of commercial software (ANSYS) will be used to demonstrate the various vibrations as well as to validate the vibration measurements. To obtain the vibration measurements, some practical vibration measurement techniques will be taught and this is usually not provided by external simulation software training.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
1. Explain the principles of Finite Element Analysis (FEA)
2. Apply the FEA using commercial FEA software to solve vibration problems
3. Describe the use of vibration equipment and tools to perform vibration measurement
Introduction to FEA for vibration analysis
• Basic theory of vibration and its application
• Damping controls
• Modal analysis
• Harmonic analysis
• Workshop 1: Modal analysis workshop
• Workshop 2: Damped modal analysis
• Workshop 3: Harmonic analysis
Practical session on vibration measurement
• Practical testing 1: Spring mass vibration
• Practical testing 2: Vibration shaker
• Practical testing 3: Measurement of vibration using impact testing
• Workshop on Spring mass system (Modal)
• Workshop on shaker test (Harmonic)
• Workshop on Impact testing (Harmonic/Time domain)
Designers, Engineers, Engineering/Technical Manager
Minimum Entry Requirements / Assumed Skills and Knowledge
Diploma in Engineering with computer-aided design (CAD) experience
Award / Certification / Accreditation
• Certificate of Attendance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded to participants who meet at least 75% attendance rate
• Certificate of Performance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
A Certificate of Performance will be awarded to participants who pass the assessment and meet at least 75% attendance rate
Course Fees payable:
|Singapore Citizens aged below 40 and Singapore PRs ||Singapore Citizens ||Others |
|Non-SME sponsored ||1Sponsored by SME ||2Aged 40 and above || |
Singaporeans aged 25 years and above may use **SkillsFuture Credit balance to offset respective course fees.
1 Under the Enhanced Training Support for Small & Medium Enterprises (SMEs) Scheme. For more information, click here. Please submit the attached “Declaration Form for Enhanced Training Support Scheme for SME” together with your online application.
2 Under the SkillsFuture Mid-career Enhanced Subsidy. For more information, visit the SkillsFuture website here.
Please click here for more information on funding incentives.
*Please note that once the maximum class size is reached, the online registration will be closed.
1. All applications must be made via Online Registration at www.pace.sp.edu.sg
Course fees can be paid by the following payment modes:
a) Credit Cards, Internet Banking, NETS (Not Applicable for company sponsored)
For e-payment using Visa/Master cards and Internet Banking, please click on the ‘Make e-Payment’ button on the acknowledgement page to proceed.
b) For NETS payment, you can pay at:
Please make cheques payable to “Singapore Polytechnic”. Do cross the cheque and write the Registration Reference ID, Applicant Name and NRIC/FIN number at the back of the cheque. When you have completed required
details, you may mail the cheque here.
Please note that an administrative charge of $15 will be imposed for any returned cheques from the bank or financial institution.
2. All successful applicants will be notified with a letter of confirmation via email.