7.5 hours / 1 day
9:00am to 5:00pm
Mode of Training:
Facilitated Learning (F2F)
A basic knowledge of finance is essential for any non-financial professionals to function effectively in his/her current capacity. The ability to understand finance is not only useful as a life skill, but a much needed requirement for non-financial professionals occupying or about to assume a greater leadership role in the organization.
The 1-day course allows participants to :
• Interpret financial information correctly for decision-making
• Understand the impact of your decisions and actions (or non-action) on the “bottom-line” performance of your organisation
• Bridge your communication gap with colleagues from the finance department
• Understand the common yardsticks used in project evaluation
• What is "finance"?
• Relevance of value creation
Use of basic financial tools
• What information do the following convey – Balance Sheet, Profit & Loss Statement
• Using key financial ratios to identify and diagnose financial problems
• Preparation of cash budget
• Learn and apply time value of money concepts to evaluate different streams of cash flow
Sources of long term funds
• Different sources of long term funds –
- Preferred stock
- Common stock and
- Retained earnings
• Relevance of WACC (Weighted Average Cost of Capital)
Evaluating capital investment decisions
• Characteristics of capital expenditure
• Overview of capital budgeting process
• Capital budgeting techniques
- Payback period
- Net present value
- Internal rate of return
Mid-level PMET with no finance training but may be working in roles that require finance knowledge and skills.
Minimum Entry Requirements / Assumed Skills and Knowledge
Little or no prior formal introduction to the world of finance.
Award / Certification / Accreditation
• Certificate of Attendance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded to participants who meet at least 75% attendance rate
Eligible for SkillsFuture CreditTerms and Conditions*Please note that once the maximum class size is reached, the online registration will be closed.
You may register your interest, and would be notified if there is new run.
1. All applications must be made via Online Registration at www.pace.sp.edu.sg
Course fees can be paid by the following payment modes:
a) Credit Cards, Internet Banking, NETS (Not Applicable for company sponsored)
For e-payment using Visa/Master cards and Internet Banking, please click on the ‘Make e-Payment’ button on the acknowledgement page to proceed.
b) For NETS payment, you can pay at:
c) For payment via PayNow, please enter the UEN No. T08GB0056ACET and indicate the invoice/registration number.
*With effect from 1 August 2021, cheque payment will not be available.
2. All successful applicants will be notified with a letter of confirmation via email.