8.30am to 5.30pm
Mon to Fri
Singapore Polytechnic T1A72 (ECDIS Lab)
What is this Course about?
This course provides the knowledge, skill and understanding of Electronic Chart Display and Information Systems (ECDIS) and electronic charts to the thorough extent needed to safely navigate vessels whose primary means of navigation is ECDIS.
Our MPA Approved Generic ECDIS course has been designed for officers in charge of a navigational watch and for experienced nautical officers and other persons with navigational responsibilities.
IMO Model Course 1.27(2012). The training will include (amongst others):
- The safe operation of ECDIS equipment;
- A thorough knowledge of the Electronic Navigational Chart (ENC) & its use with navigation sensors;
- The interpretation and proper use of ECDIS related information and
- The knowledge of the capability & limitations of ECDIS as an aid to navigation.
- Many practical exercises, using a state-of-the-art Transas Marine NT PRO 5000 ECDIS simulator, are offered.
Minimum Entry Requirements
Candidates intending to join the ECDIS course should:
- Be not less than 18 years of age;
- Hold a Certificate of Competency as a Navigating Officer (Deck Cadets who have satisfactorily completed an approved ENS course and preferably have participated in supervised Bridge watchkeeping duties for at least 6 months may be considered for the course);
- Have adequate working knowledge of English (spoken & written) and
- Have basic computer skills.
ECDIS Certificate STCW Code Section A-II/1 (para 2) and Section B-II/1 (para 12.1).
$1,100.00 (without GST)
$1,177.00 (with GST)
MCF Training Grant is available for eligible participants. Please refer to www.mpa.gov.sg/mcf for information.
SkillsFuture Credit (SFC)
With effect from January 2016, Singaporeans aged 25 years and above who received their SkillsFuture Credit account activation letter will be eligible for an initial credit of $500 which can be used to pay for course fees for a range of eligible skills-related courses. The credits can be used on top of existing course fee subsidies/funding.
This is only applicable for self-sponsored applicants. Application via SkillsFuture Portal can only be made starting from 60 days before the course commencement date.
With effect from 19 May 2017, individuals who opted to use their SFC are required to submit their SFC claim under the pay-to-Training Provider (TP) mode. SSG will disburse SFC payments directly to TPs after the claim has been approved. TPs will collect nett fees from individuals, after deducting the SFC claim amount
Withdrawal and Deferment
Withdrawal and deferment notice must be made in writing to the Professional & Adult Continuing Education (PACE) Academy via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. For withdrawal cases, the portion of course fee to be refunded is based on the date of notice as follows:
- 2 weeks before the commencement of the course - Full refund
- Less than 2 weeks before commencement of the course - 70% refund
- On or after date of commencement - No refund
The Singapore Polytechnic reserves the right to cancel or postpone any of the courses. Applicants will be duly notified and where applicable, the full fees will be refunded.
The Singapore Polytechnic also reserves the right to amend the fees charged or the period and duration of the courses.
The data provided to Singapore Polytechnic will be kept strictly confidential and will be used for the purpose of course administration. The data may be passed on to the relevant organisations that require the information related to the course.
25 Feb 2019 to 1 Mar 2019
12 Nov 2018 to 1 Feb 2019
* Registration may be closed once seats are filled up.
1.All applications must be made via Online Registration at www.pace.sp.edu.sg
You are required to upload a Passport Size Colour photograph of yourself during or after registration. This photo will be printed on your certificate.
Course fees can be paid by the following payment modes:
a)For E-payment using Visa/Master cards, please click on the ‘Make e-Payment’ button on the acknowledgement page to proceed.
b)For NETS payment, you can pay at:
Blk T1A, Level 1
Mon-Fri: 8:30am to 7.30pm
c)For Cash payment, you can pay at:
Admin Building, Level 2
Mon-Fri: 8:30am to 5:00pm
d)For Cheque payment:
Please make cheques payable to “Singapore Polytechnic”. Please cross the cheque and write the Registration Reference ID, Applicant Name and NRIC/FIN number on the back of the cheque. Mail the cheque to:
ATTN: Manager (Short Programmes)
500 Dover Road
Blk T1A, Level 1
Please note that an administrative charge of $15 will be imposed for any returned cheques from the bank or financial institution.
2.All successful applicants will be notified with a letter of confirmation via email.
Enquiriespace@sp.edu.sgFor course specific details:
Capt Peter Lee, Course Coordinatorpeterzmlee@sp.edu.sg