26 to 30 August 2019
23 April 2019 to 9 August 2019
8.30am to 5.30pm
Mon to Fri
Singapore Polytechnic T1A72 (ECDIS Lab)
What is this Course about?
This course provides the knowledge, skill and understanding of Electronic Chart Display and Information Systems (ECDIS) and electronic charts to the thorough extent needed to safely navigate vessels whose primary means of navigation is ECDIS.
Our MPA Approved Generic ECDIS course has been designed for officers in charge of a navigational watch and for experienced nautical officers and other persons with navigational responsibilities.
IMO Model Course 1.27(2012). The training will include (amongst others):
- The safe operation of ECDIS equipment;
- A thorough knowledge of the Electronic Navigational Chart (ENC) & its use with navigation sensors;
- The interpretation and proper use of ECDIS related information and
- The knowledge of the capability & limitations of ECDIS as an aid to navigation.
- Many practical exercises, using a state-of-the-art Transas Marine NT PRO 5000 ECDIS simulator, are offered.
Minimum Entry Requirements
Candidates intending to join the ECDIS course should:
- Be not less than 18 years of age;
- Hold a Certificate of Competency as a Navigating Officer (Deck Cadets who have satisfactorily completed an approved ENS course and preferably have participated in supervised Bridge watchkeeping duties for at least 6 months may be considered for the course);
- Have adequate working knowledge of English (spoken & written) and
- Have basic computer skills.
ECDIS Certificate STCW Code Section A-II/1 (para 2) and Section B-II/1 (para 12.1).
$1,100.00 (without GST)
$1,177.00 (with GST)
Please click here for more information on funding incentives.
* Registration may be closed once seats are filled up.
1.All applications must be made via Online Registration at www.pace.sp.edu.sg
You are required to upload a Passport Size Colour photograph of yourself during or after registration. This photo will be printed on your certificate.
Course fees can be paid by the following payment modes:
a) Credit Cards, Internet Banking, NETS (Not Applicable for company sponsored)
For e-payment using Visa/Master cards and Internet Banking, please click on the ‘Make e-Payment’ button on the acknowledgement page to proceed.
b) For NETS payment, you can pay at:
Please make cheques payable to “Singapore Polytechnic”. Do cross the cheque and write the Registration Reference ID, Applicant Name and NRIC/FIN number at the back of the cheque. When you have completed required details, you may mail the cheque here.
Please note that an administrative charge of $15 will be imposed for any returned cheques from the bank or financial institution.
2.All successful applicants will be notified with a letter of confirmation via email.
For course specific details:
Capt Peter Lee, Course Coordinator