To be advised
To be advised
21 hours / 3 days
To be advised
Mode of Training:
The course enables the participants to gain an understanding of the role, scope and function of key HR processes and procedures. They will develop knowledge and skills required to increase confidence in handling people management and development related topics. This capability will enhance contribution towards the effectiveness of the team and the organization.
This course will allow participants to understand the core concepts of People Management Development and how to apply them effectively. It gives the participants a good understanding of the roles and responsibilities of being a manager, and help them tackle new responsibilities with confidence.
At the end of the Course, learners will be able to:-
• Relate the various key HR functions, processes and procedures
• Practice the knowledge and skills required in handling and managing people and their development
• Develop skills to be effective in the team and to the organisation
HR Service delivery and information
• Supporting managers and staff
• Personal effectiveness and Time management
• Communication skills and teamwork
• Building and maintaining effective relationships
• Managing HR data
Resourcing and Talent Planning
• Workforce planning
• Resourcing process
• Job descriptions & person specifications
• Concepts of Talent management
• Effective Inductions
• Definition of employee engagement and it’s elements
• What derails engagement
• Supporting and measuring engagement
Performance and Reward management
• Definition and purpose of performance management
• Performance management processes
• Managing different types of performance
• Managing underperformance
• Financial and non-financial rewards and Total Reward
Learning and Development
• Purpose of L&D and its approaches
• Overview of job analysis
• Identifying learning needs
• Having coaching conversations
• Definition of employee relations
• Employment contract vs Psychological contract
• Causes of issues and dealing with difficult people
• Managing conflict
• Dealing with disciplinary/grievances and ending the employment relationship
HR Administrators & Officers or Line Managers with People management or operational HR responsibilities
Minimum Entry Requirements / Assumed Skills and Knowledge
Award / Certification / Accreditation
• Certificate of Attendance
A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded to participants who meet at least 75% attendance rate
• Certificate of Performance
A Certificate of Performance will be awarded to participants who pass the examination and meet at least 75% attendance rate
Course Fees payable:
|Singapore Citizens aged below 40 and Singapore PRs||Singapore Citizens||Others|
|Non-SME sponsored||1Sponsored by SME||2Aged 40 and above||3Aged 35 and above, and earn ≤ $2,000 per month|
Singaporeans aged 25 years and above may use **SkillsFuture Credit balance to offset respective course fees.1 Under the Enhanced Training Support for Small & Medium Enterprises (SMEs) Scheme. For more information, click here2 Under the SkillsFuture Mid-career Enhanced Subsidy. For more information, visit the SkillsFuture website here.3 Under the Workfare Training Support (WTS) scheme. For more information on the scheme, click here.
1. SkillsFuture Singapore (SSG) Approved
Singaporeans and Singapore PRs are eligible for 70% course fee funding for registration with effect from 28 October 2017. This funding is applicable to both individual and company-sponsored participants. Participants are required to achieve at least 75% attendance and/or sit and pass any prescribed examinations/assessments or submit any course/project work (if any) under the course requirement.
Singaporeans aged 40 years and above will enjoy a 90% subsidy of course fee.
Funding Validity Period: Till 31 Dec 2020
2. SkillsFuture Credit** (SFC)
With effect from January 2016, Singaporeans aged 25 years and above who received their SkillsFuture Credit account activation letter will be eligible for an initial credit of $500 which can be used to pay for course fees for a range of eligible skills-related courses. The credits can be used on top of existing course fee subsidies/funding.
This is only applicable for self-sponsored applicants. Application via SkillsFuture Portal can only be made starting from 60 days before the course commencement date.
Withdrawal and Deferment
Withdrawal and deferment notice must be made in writing to the Professional & Adult Continuing Education (PACE) Academy, Singapore Polytechnic via email accordingly:Online Courses
- firstname.lastname@example.orgAll other Courses
For withdrawal cases, the portion of course fee to be refunded is based on the date of notice as follows:Classroom
- 2 weeks before the commencement of the course - Full refund
- Less than 2 weeks before commencement of the course - 70% refund
- On or after date of commencement - No refund
- There will be no refund or transfer of course once the account has been created.
The Singapore Polytechnic reserves the right to cancel or postpone any of the courses. Applicants will be duly notified and where applicable, the full fees will be refunded.
The Singapore Polytechnic also reserves the right to amend the fees charged or the period and duration of the courses.
The data provided to Singapore Polytechnic will be kept strictly confidential and will be used for the purpose of course administration. The data may be passed on to the relevant organisations that require the information related to the course.