15 - 16 Jul 2019
13 Jun - 07 Jul 2019
16 hours / 2 days
8:30am to 5:30pm
Mode of Training:
Singapore Polytechnic, AE404
Drones are a part of Singapore Smart Nation strategy. The Singapore Government believes that drones can and are playing a transformative role in the world in fields such as urban infrastructure management, farming, public safety and disaster response. Drones are a lower cost alternative to a manned aircraft and can reduce risks to human life. There is an increasing trend in Singapore on the operations of drones for work to improve productivities and efficiency.
To fly a drone in Singapore for commercial activities, the drone operator needs a CAAS operator permit and also a certified CAAS UAS pilot for the type of drone to be used in operation. Currently, DJI Phantom 4 Pro is the most popular and widely used drone in the industry.
This course aims to train the participants to fly DJI Phantom 4 Pro and equip them with the knowledge on how to prepare the CAAS Operator Permit documentations for submission to CAAS.
Introduction to DJI Phantom 4 Pro
- Overview of aircraft, remote controller, camera and gimbal, DJI Go 4 App, flight and battery management
Flying an Unmanned Aircraft in Singapore
- Emergency procedures and flight checks during operations of UAS
- Maintenance plan to be performed on UA
- Rules and regulations of flying Unmanned Aircraft in Singapore
- How to apply for CAAS Operator Permit and Activity Permit
- Preparation of Risk Assessment form
Flying on flight simulator
- To fly quadcopter type of UA in mode 2 and be able to clear 10 obstacle challenges
- Those who have passed the flight simulator phase will proceed to fly a small indoor quadcopter
Flying of small indoor quadcopter
- Able to demonstrate competency in navigating and controlling the quadcopter in an indoor environment
- Those who have passed the small indoor quadcopter phase will proceed to fly the DJI Phantom 4 Pro
Flying of DJI Phantom 4 Pro
- Able to demonstrate competency in navigating and controlling the quadcopter in an outdoor environment such as SP Sports Complex/Multi-Purpose Field/Hangar
Each participant will also receive a complimentary drone “Eachine E010 Mini 2.4G 4CH 6 Axis Headless Mode RC Drone Quadcopter RTF” worth more than $20 at the end of the course!
Anyone who is interested to fly drones.
Minimum Entry Requirements / Assumed Skills and Knowledge
• Able to understand English
• Reasonable dexterity with eyes-hands coordination
• Suitable for all levels of educational, skills, literacy, numeracy, and experience
Award / Certification / Accreditation
• Certificate of Attendance
A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded to participants who meet at least 75% attendance rate
• Certificate of Performance
A Certificate of Performance will be awarded to participants who pass the examination and meet at least 75% attendance rate
Course Fees payable:
|Singapore Citizens aged below 40 and Singapore PRs||Singapore Citizens||Others|
|Non-SME sponsored||1Sponsored by SME||2Aged 40 and above||3Aged 35 and above, and earn ≤ $2,000 per month|
Singaporeans aged 25 years and above may use **SkillsFuture Credit balance to offset respective course fees.1 Under the Enhanced Training Support for Small & Medium Enterprises (SMEs) Scheme. For more information, click here2 Under the SkillsFuture Mid-career Enhanced Subsidy. For more information, visit the SkillsFuture website here.3 Under the Workfare Training Support (WTS) scheme. For more information on the scheme, click here.
1. SkillsFuture (SF) Series
Singaporeans and Singapore PRs are eligible for 70% course fee funding for registration with effect from 28 October 2017. This funding is applicable to both individual and company-sponsored participants. Participants are required to achieve at least 75% attendance and/or sit and pass any prescribed examinations/assessments or submit any course/project work (if any) under the course requirement.
Singaporeans aged 40 years and above will enjoy a 90% subsidy of course fee.
Funding Validity Period: Till 31 Dec 2020
2. SkillsFuture Credit** (SFC)
With effect from January 2016, Singaporeans aged 25 years and above who received their SkillsFuture Credit account activation letter will be eligible for an initial credit of $500 which can be used to pay for course fees for a range of eligible skills-related courses. The credits can be used on top of existing course fee subsidies/funding.
This is only applicable for self-sponsored applicants. Application via SkillsFuture Portal can only be made starting from 60 days before the course commencement date.
Withdrawal and Deferment
Withdrawal and deferment notice must be made in writing to the Professional & Adult Continuing Education (PACE) Academy, Singapore Polytechnic via email accordingly:Online Courses
- firstname.lastname@example.orgAll other Courses
For withdrawal cases, the portion of course fee to be refunded is based on the date of notice as follows:Classroom
- 2 weeks before the commencement of the course - Full refund
- Less than 2 weeks before commencement of the course - 70% refund
- On or after date of commencement - No refund
- There will be no refund or transfer of course once the account has been created.
The Singapore Polytechnic reserves the right to cancel or postpone any of the courses. Applicants will be duly notified and where applicable, the full fees will be refunded.
The Singapore Polytechnic also reserves the right to amend the fees charged or the period and duration of the courses.
The data provided to Singapore Polytechnic will be kept strictly confidential and will be used for the purpose of course administration. The data may be passed on to the relevant organisations that require the information related to the course.
1. All applications must be made via Online Registration at www.pace.sp.edu.sg
Course fees can be paid by the following payment modes:
a) Credit Cards, Internet Banking, NETS (Not Applicable for company sponsored)
For e-payment using Visa/Master cards and Internet Banking, please click on the ‘Make e-Payment’ button on the acknowledgement page to proceed.
b) For NETS payment, you can pay at:
Please make cheques payable to “Singapore Polytechnic”. Do cross the cheque and write the Registration Reference ID, Applicant Name and NRIC/FIN number at the back of the cheque. When you have completed required details, you may mail the cheque here.
Please note that an administrative charge of $15 will be imposed for any returned cheques from the bank or financial institution.
2. All successful applicants will be notified with a letter of confirmation via email.