7 Mar 2019
Till 25 Feb 2019
7 hours / 1 day
9am to 5pm
Mode of Training:
SP Optometry Centre
Optometrists provide essential primary eye care services to tackle enormous healthcare challenges posed by ageing population and myopia epidemic in Singapore. For example, early detection of eye conditions such as glaucoma, diabetic retinopathy, etc. by Optometrists prevents or delays blindness significantly.
Through the proposed clinical workshops, industry Optometrists will undergo case-based interactive eye examination procedures to identify and manage common eye conditions that present in optical outlets and at other eye care centres.
To facilitate case-based interactive clinical refresher programme in Primary Eye Care to industry Optometrists
- Case studies on Anterior Eye
- Patient-based interactive eye examination
- Case studies on Posterior Eye
- Workshop 1: Slit Lamp Bio-microscopy
- Workshop 2: Retinal exam with 90D lens
- Workshop 3: Optical Coherence Tomography
- Workshop 4: Ultra-wide-field retinal examination
- Opportunities and challenges associated with Primary Eye Care: Roundtable Discussion
OOB (MOH) registered Optometrists
Minimum Entry Requirements / Assumed Skills and Knowledge
Award / Certification / Accreditation
• Certificate of Attendance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded to participants who meet at least 75% attendance rate
| ||Singapore Citizens aged 50 and above||Singapore PRs/Foreigners|
|Funding available||50% of the course fee excluding GST (capped at $500 per course)||Nil|
|Course Fees Payable|
(incl. of GST
(incl. of GST)
1. Government subsidy will only apply to the course fee portion and will not cover GST
2. For more information on National Silver Academy (NSA), please click here
Please see Funding Incentives for more information.
Please click here for more information on funding incentives.
Registration may be closed once seats are filled up
1. All applications must be made via Online Registration at www.pace.sp.edu.sg
Course fees can be paid by the following payment modes:
a) Credit Cards, Internet Banking, NETS
(Not Applicable for company sponsored)
For e-payment using Visa/Master cards and Internet Banking, please click on the ‘Make e-Payment’ button on the acknowledgement page to proceed.
b) For NETS payment
, you can pay at:
Singapore PolytechnicPACE Academy
Please make cheques payable to “Singapore Polytechnic”. Do cross the cheque and write the Registration Reference ID, Applicant Name and NRIC/FIN number at the back of the cheque. When you have completed required details, you may mail the cheque here
Please note that an administrative charge of $15 will be imposed for any returned cheques from the bank or financial institution.
2. All successful applicants will be notified with a letter of confirmation via email.