9 Apr to 25 Jun 2019
16 Jan to 15 Mar 2019
50 hours / 6 days
20 hours (online learning) - 09 April 2019 to 18 June 2019
6 hours (tutorial face-to-face) - 03 May 2019 & 30 May 2019
23 hours (hands-on practical) - 24 April 2019, 08 May 2019, 15 May 2019, 22 May 2019, 29 May 2019, 04 June 2019, 12 June 2019, 19 June 2019
1 hour (written exam) - 25 June 2019
*Tutorial and practical classes are conducted in the evening (6.30pm-9.30pm)
Mode of Training:
Classroom and Practical
Medical Technology Suite
Block T11A, Level 3, Room314
500 Dover Road, Singapore 139651
Immunohaematology, also known as blood banking is an area of specialization in laboratory medicine that focuses on the study of antibody-antigen reactions in pre-transfusion testing for selection of compatible blood and blood components to ensure blood transfusion safety.
This course aims to equip working medical laboratory technologists with current technical knowledge and practical skills in key areas of blood banking which includes pre-transfusion testing, blood and blood components and clinical aspects of transfusion therapy. Quality assurance in blood banking practices will be emphasized to raise learner’s awareness on the importance of blood transfusion safety.
1. Basic principles in serology
2. Human blood group systems
3. Application of laboratory techniques in immunohaematology
4. Adverse blood transfusion reactions
5. Blood and blood products
6. Quality assurance in blood banking practices
7. Theory and Practical Test
Professional medical technologists working in MOH registered healthcare facilities.
Minimum Entry Requirement / Assumed Skills and Knowledge
Diploma and Degree Holder:
- Diploma in Biomedical Science, Biotechnology or equivalent;
- Degree or Higher degree in Biomedical Science, Biotechnology, Life Science, Biological Science or equivalent;
- NITEC (GPA 3.5 and above) or Higher NITEC with relevant qualification or working experiences will be assessed on a case-by-case basis.
- Letter of Support from a licensed healthcare facility must be submitted
Award / Certification / Accreditation
Certificate of Performance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
This training programme is supported by Blood Services Group, Health Sciences Authority
How to Apply
1) Click here to download the Declaration Form
2) Complete the declaration form and prepare the following scanned copies to be uploaded during your registration.
• NRIC/ FIN
• Declaration Form
• Education Qualification
• Letter of Support from a Licensed Healthcare (to prove that participants are currently working in the medical laboratories).
3) Proceed with your online registration.
4) To upload all the required documents to complete your registration.
• Applications without the required documents or incomplete information will not be processed and will be rejected.
• Successful applicants will be notified via email to come for enrolment and make payment (NETS or cheque)
• The Original documents will be required for verification during the enrolment exercise
Confirmed enrolment is based on a first-come, first-served basis, upon submission of required documents and full payment of the course fee. Registration does not guarantee enrolment in the course. Singapore Polytechnic, its governors, officers, agents and employees shall not be liable for any loss, damages and/or injury, including loss of life, which participants of our Courses may suffer arising out of or in connection with our Courses, whether the loss, damage and/or injury was suffered on any of Singapore Polytechnic's premises or at any other venue(s) in connection with our Courses.
a) Credit Cards, Internet Banking, NETS (Not Applicable for company sponsored)
For e-payment using Visa/Master cards and Internet Banking, please click on the ‘Make e-Payment’ button on the acknowledgement page to proceed.
b) For NETS payment, you can pay at: