24 hours (3 days)
8.30am to 5.30pm
Singapore Polytechnic, Singapore Maritime Academy, ISC Level-2, e-Navigation Center
For Course Specific details:
Capt Peter Lee
This course provides students to refresh knowledge and skills in maritime communications and the ability to operate a maritime mobile communication station as required for all Sea Areas. The proper use of the latest GMDSS equipment on board ship is emphasized via hands-on simulation.
The training will include (amongst others):
• Statutory framework of the Maritime Mobile Service
• GMDSS Components
• Search and Rescue operations
• Miscellaneous skills and operational procedures for general communications
Holder of IMDA Singapore issued GMDSS GOC that do not meet the sea time requirement (at least 12 months in total of sea going service from the issue date of existing GOC) for revalidation of their certificate.
Minimum Entry Requirements
Candidate must be holding a valid or expired GMDSS GOC issued by IMDA Singapore, medically fit, have basic computer skills, a good working knowledge of English (written & spoken), have no serious impediment of speech, hearing or sight and normal colour vision.
Please note that the existing GMDSS GOC can only be renewed 12 months prior to the certificate expiry date or within 12 months from the date of expiry.
Certificate of Attendance will be issued upon successful completion of the course.
GOC/ROC Renewal application to IMDA
S$ 1,210 (before gst)
S$ 1,294.70 (after gst)
1.MCF Training Grant is available for eligible participants. Please refer to www.mpa.gov.sg/mcf for information.
Withdrawal and Deferment
Withdrawal and deferment notice must be made in writing to the Professional & Adult Continuing Education (PACE) Academy via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. For withdrawal cases, the portion of course fee to be refunded is based on the date of notice as follows:
· 2 weeks before the commencement of the course - Full refund
· Less than 2 weeks before commencement of the course - 70% refund
· On or after date of commencement - No refund
* Unless otherwise stated in the course webpage
The Singapore Polytechnic reserves the right to cancel or postpone any of the courses. Applicants will be duly notified and where applicable, the full fees will be refunded.
The Singapore Polytechnic also reserves the right to amend the fees charged or the period and duration of the courses.
* PACE Academy course schedules, course trainer, course fees and course availability are subject to change without prior notice.
* Registration may be closed once seats are filled up
1. All applications must be made via Online Registration at www.pace.sp.edu.sg
Course fees can be paid by the following payment modes:
a) Credit Cards, Internet Banking, NETS (Not Applicable for company sponsored)
For e-payment using Visa/Master cards and Internet Banking, please click on the ‘Make e-Payment’ button on the acknowledgement page to proceed.
b) For NETS payment, you can pay at:
Please make cheques payable to “Singapore Polytechnic”. Do cross the cheque and write the Registration Reference ID, Applicant Name and NRIC/FIN number at the back of the cheque. When you have completed required details, you may mail the cheque here.
Please note that an administrative charge of $15 will be imposed for any returned cheques from the bank or financial institution.
2. All successful applicants will be notified with a letter of confirmation via email.