9am to 7pm, 30 March 2019 (Saturday)
9am to 7pm, 31 March 2019 (Sunday)
9am to 7pm, 6 April 2019 (Saturday)
Participants will learn how to use Substance Painter and Designer to create realistic environment with realistic materials and texture through the PBR (Physical Based Rendering) workflow. They will create a simple prop and unwrap the UVs to get ready for texturing process with the software.
In addition, they are also able to create procedural material with tillable textures in Substance Designer and paint the prop with realistic texture in Substance Painter. By blending the usage of these two software, a finished prop with fine rendering in game engine will be created. Thereafter, they can present it in their portfolio.
Throughout the course, participants will be equipped with knowledge and skillsets of PBR (Physical Based Rendering) workflow for current top trend projects, creating procedural materials in Substance Designer, painting realistic texture in Substance Painter and presenting the finished artwork in game engine for their professional portfolio.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
1. Be equipped with the knowledge and skillsets of PBR (Physical Based Rendering) workflow for projects.
2. Create procedural materials in Substance Designer.
3. Paint realistic texture in Substance Painter.
4. Present the finished artwork in game engine for professional portfolio.
1. Introduction to Substance Painter
2. Modelling an asset in 3Ds Max
3. Texturing the asset in Substance Painter
4. Introduction to Substance Designer
5. Making a tiling texture in Substance Designer
6. Modelling and texturing the background in 3Ds Max
7. Exporting PBR textures for game engine integration
8. Combining both asset and background in game engine
9. Final Composition for Portfolio Presentation
Game Artist, Environment Artist, Character Artist, Shader Artist, Texture Artist, Prop Artist, Hardsurface Modeller, Concept Artist, Visual Effects Artists, Architectural Previz.
Assumed Skills and Knowledge
Basic knowledge of 3Ds Max or Maya, Adobe Photoshop.
• Certificate of Attendance
A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded to participants who meet at least 75% attendance rate
• Certificate of Performance
A Certificate of Performance will be awarded to participants who pass the examination and meet at least 75% attendance rate
Course Fees payable:
|Singapore Citizens aged below 40 and Singapore PRs||Singapore Citizens||Others|
|Non-SME sponsored||1Sponsored by SME||2Aged 40 and above||3Aged 35 and above, and earn ≤ $2,000 per month|
Under the Enhanced Training Support for Small & Medium Enterprises (SMEs) Scheme. For more information, click here2
Under the SkillsFuture Mid-career Enhanced Subsidy. For more information, visit the SkillsFuture website here
Under the Workfare Training Support (WTS) scheme. For more information on the scheme, click here
Withdrawal and Deferment
Withdrawal and deferment notice must be made in writing to the Professional & Adult Continuing Education (PACE) Academy, Singapore Polytechnic via email accordingly:Online Courses
- email@example.comAll other Courses
For withdrawal cases, the portion of course fee to be refunded is based on the date of notice as follows:Classroom
- 2 weeks before the commencement of the course - Full refund
- Less than 2 weeks before commencement of the course - 70% refund
- On or after date of commencement - No refund
There will be no refund or transfer of course once the account has been created.
The Singapore Polytechnic reserves the right to cancel or postpone any of the courses. Applicants will be duly notified and where applicable, the full fees will be refunded.
The Singapore Polytechnic also reserves the right to amend the fees charged or the period and duration of the courses.
The data provided to Singapore Polytechnic will be kept strictly confidential and will be used for the purpose of course administration. The data may be passed on to the relevant organisations that require the information related to the course.
30 March to 6 April 2019
19 Dec 2018 to 17 Mar 2019
1. All applications must be made via Online Registration at www.pace.sp.edu.sg
Course fees can be paid by the following payment modes:
a) Credit Cards, Internet Banking, NETS (Not Applicable for company sponsored)
For e-payment using Visa/Master cards and Internet Banking, please click on the ‘Make e-Payment’ button on the acknowledgement page to proceed.
b) For NETS payment, you can pay at:
Please make cheques payable to “Singapore Polytechnic”. Do cross the cheque and write the Registration Reference ID, Applicant Name and NRIC/FIN number at the back of the cheque. When you have completed required details, you may mail the cheque here.
Please note that an administrative charge of $15 will be imposed for any returned cheques from the bank or financial institution.
2. All successful applicants will be notified with a letter of confirmation via email.