18 - 19 Jul 2019
12 Jun - 08 Jul 2019
14 hour / 2 days
9am to 5pm
Mode of Training:
The demand for visual analytics in business processes, for quick and informed decision-making, is ever increasing. Microsoft Power Business Intelligence (Power BI), is one of the solution platforms for a robust dashboard development. The high-end features from Microsoft Power BI and DAX functions, which are “similar” to those offered in Microsoft Excel, have made the process of building dashboards easier. Visual Analytics is the science of analytical reasoning supported by interactive visual interfaces. Today, data is produced at an incredible rate and the ability to collect and store the data is increasing at a faster rate than the ability to analyse it. Visual Analytics can be seen as an integral approach combining visualization, human factors, and data analysis.
By end of the course, participants will be able to develop a dashboard that answers the problem question, use available functions and features to develop dashboard, learn to organize and plan the items in a dashboard and provide insights, KPI reporting and informed decision making.
• Introduction to Microsoft Power BI
• Case study and step by step dashboard development
• Customised dashboard development
• Upload data & and create data models
• Use DAX functions to enhance dashboards
• Associate links between variables for visual and descriptive analytics
• Find insights from dashboards
Executives, Researchers, Educators, Analysts and participants interested in developing dashboards.
Minimum Entry Requirements / Assumed Skills and Knowledge
Basic computer skills
Award / Certification / Accreditation
• Certificate of Performance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
Registration may be closed once seats are filled up.
1. All applications must be made via Online Registration at www.pace.sp.edu.sg
Course fees can be paid by the following payment modes:
a) Credit Cards, Internet Banking, NETS (Not Applicable for company sponsored)
For e-payment using Visa/Master cards and Internet Banking, please click on the ‘Make e-Payment’ button on the acknowledgement page to proceed.
b) For NETS payment, you can pay at:
Please make cheques payable to “Singapore Polytechnic”. Do cross the cheque and write the Registration Reference ID, Applicant Name and NRIC/FIN number at the back of the cheque. When you have completed required details, you may mail the cheque here.
Please note that an administrative charge of $15 will be imposed for any returned cheques from the bank or financial institution.
2. All successful applicants will be notified with a letter of confirmation via email.