To be advised
To be advised
7.5 hours / 1 day
9am to 5pm
Mode of Training:
A basic knowledge of finance is essential for any non-financial professionals to function effectively in his/her current capacity. The ability to understand finance is not only useful as a life skill, but a much needed requirement for non-financial professionals occupying or about to assume a greater leadership role in the organization.
The 1-day course allows participants to :
• Interpret financial information correctly for decision-making
• Understand the impact of your decisions and actions (or non-action) on the “bottom-line” performance of your organisation
• Bridge your communication gap with colleagues from the finance department
• Understand the common yardsticks used in project evaluation
Mid-level PMET with no finance training but may be working in roles that require finance knowledge and skills.
• What is "finance"?
• Relevance of value creation
Use of basic financial tools
• What information do the following convey – Balance Sheet, Profit & Loss Statement
• Using key financial ratios to identify and diagnose financial problems
• Preparation of cash budget
• Learn and apply time value of money concepts to evaluate different streams of cash flow
Sources of long term funds
• Different sources of long term funds –
- Preferred stock
- Common stock and
- Retained earnings
• Relevance of WACC (Weighted Average Cost of Capital)
Evaluating capital investment decisions
• Characteristics of capital expenditure
• Overview of capital budgeting process
• Capital budgeting techniques
- Payback period
- Net present value
- Internal rate of return
Minimum Entry Requirements / Assumed Skills and Knowledge
Little or no prior formal introduction to the world of finance.
Award / Certification / Accreditation
• Certificate of Attendance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded to participants who meet at least 75% attendance rate
1. All applications must be made via Online Registration at www.pace.sp.edu.sg
Course fees can be paid by the following payment modes:
a) Credit Cards, Internet Banking, NETS (Not Applicable for company sponsored)
For e-payment using Visa/Master cards and Internet Banking, please click on the ‘Make e-Payment’ button on the acknowledgement page to proceed.
b) For NETS payment, you can pay at:
Please make cheques payable to “Singapore Polytechnic”. Do cross the cheque and write the Registration Reference ID, Applicant Name and NRIC/FIN number at the back of the cheque. When you have completed required details, you may mail the cheque here.
Please note that an administrative charge of $15 will be imposed for any returned cheques from the bank or financial institution.
2. All successful applicants will be notified with a letter of confirmation via email.