|Course Date ||Registration Period ||Mode of Training |
1st and 2nd course day: 9:00am to 6:00pm
3rd course day: 9.00am to 5.00pm
Mode of Training:
Under the Personal Data Protection Act 2012 (PDPA), organisations are required to appoint one or more Data Protection Officers (DPOs) to be responsible for ensuring the organisation’s compliance with the PDPA. To equip DPO with basic knowledge and skills in complying with the Personal Data Protection Act.
This course equips participants with practical data governance and data protection knowledge and skills, and learn to utilize risk-based tools to establish a robust data protection for their organization.
By the end of the Course, participants will be able to:
1. Identify legislative and regulatory requirements under the PDPA that the organisation has to comply with;
2. Communicate key legislative and regulatory requirements under the PDPA and related management systems to relevant stakeholders to facilitate compliance;
3. Assess the organisation’s internal policies and procedures to ensure compliance;
4. Identify and document areas of non-compliance in business activities;
5. Identify legislative and regulatory requirements under the PDPA that the organisation has to comply with;
6. Assist in review of the organisation’s guidelines / policies for adherence to requirements under the PDPA;
7. Assist in the implementation of procedures to ensure adherence to requirements under the PDPA in the day-to-day operations of the organisation; and;
8. Prepare management report for follow-up action.
Topics to be covered
1. Introduction to Personal Data Protection Act (PDPA)
2. Data Protection Provisions and Do Not Call Provisions
3. Role of Data Protection Officer (DPO)
4. Create an Organisation’s Data Inventory Map (DIM) and Identify
Possible Areas of Non-Compliance)
5. Demo by Trainer: PATO and Data Protection Notice Generator
6. Develop a Process for Dispute Resolution
7. Training and Communications
8. Managing Data Breaches
• Human Resource / Admin / IT personnel / Sales and Business Development Executive / Managers who Data Protection Officers (DPO) or personnel overseeing the PDPA requirements
• Compliance Managers or Data Protection Officers (DPOs); and
• Human Resource / Admin / IT personnel / Sales and Business Development Executive / Managers who need to be involved in data protection matters and need to be involved in data protection matters.
Minimum Entry Requirements / Assumed Skills and Knowledge
• Understand relevant organisational strategies, objectives, culture, policies, processes and
products / services;
• Have information gathering skills to gather and collate necessary data;
• Have analytical skills to assess policies and procedures;
• Have business writing skills to prepare management report;
• Have interpersonal and communication skills to interact with relevant stakeholders;
• Have facilitation skills to ask the right questions to elicit necessary information; and
• Be aware of compliance requirements of organisation.
Award / Certification / Accreditation
• Statement of Attainment
Full Fees (before GST): $670.00
GST payable for all funding-eligible applicants*: $14.07
GST payable for others: $46.90
|Applicants/Eligibility||SkillsFuture Funding||Subsidised Fee (after GST)|
|Singapore Citizens aged 40 and above1||$469.00||$215.07|
|Singapore Citizens aged below 40||$335.00||$349.07|
|Singapore Permanent Residents and LTVP+ Holders||$335.00||$349.07|
|SME-sponsored Singapore Citizens, Permanent Residents and LTVP+ Holders2||$469.00||$215.07|
|Others (Full fees payable)||$0.00||$716.90 |
*As per SSG’s policy, the GST payable is calculated based on 7% of the baseline funding subsidy of 70%
Singaporeans aged 25 years and above may use **SkillsFuture Credit balance to offset respective course fees.
1Under the SkillsFuture Mid-career Enhanced Subsidy. For more information, visit the SkillsFuture website here.
2 Under the Enhanced Training Support for Small & Medium Enterprises (SMEs) Scheme. For more information of the scheme, click here. To view SP’s list of similar funded courses, click here. Please submit the attached “Declaration Form for Enhanced Training Support Scheme for SME” together with your online application.
Please click here for more information on funding incentives.
Eligible for SkillsFuture CreditTerms and Conditions*Please note that once the maximum class size is reached, the online registration will be closed. You may register your interest, and would be notified if there is a new run.
1. All applications must be made via Online Registration at www.pace.sp.edu.sg
Course fees can be paid by the following payment modes:
a) Credit Cards, Internet Banking, NETS (Not Applicable for company sponsored)
For e-payment using Visa/Master cards and Internet Banking, please click on the ‘Make e-Payment’ button on the acknowledgement page to proceed.
b) For NETS payment, you can pay at:
c) For payment via PayNow, please enter the UEN No. T08GB0056ACET and indicate the invoice/registration number.
*With effect from 1 August 2021, cheque payment will not be available
2. All successful applicants will be notified with a letter of confirmation via email.