Duration: 40 hours
Venue: Singapore Polytechnic
Time: 06:30pm to 10:30pm
The SkillsFuture Singapore (SSG), the Ministry of Manpower (MOM) and the Workplace Safety & Health Council (WSHC) have jointly developed the Occupational Hygiene (OH) Professionals Workforce Skills Qualifications (WSQ) Framework, in consultation with WSH Manpower, Skills and Training Council (MSTC). The key purpose of the framework is support the National Workplace Health (WH) strategy which aims to assist stakeholders in taking proactive measures to improve their management of WH hazards and raise WH standards. The OH Professionals WSQ Framework also aims to train and develop competent and motivated OH Professionals who can assist employers, occupiers and other stakeholders in the anticipation, recognition, evaluation and control of WH risks at the workplace
What is this module about?
This unit covers mainly the competencies in identifying the sources of hazardous substances and implementing control measures to manage the associated risks. A candidate who successfully completed this unit is recognised as having completed the necessary training as required by the Ministry of Manpower and will be awarded the HS license.
The target audience of this Modular course may include:
- Workplace Safety and Health (WSH) professionals such as WSH Coordinators, Officers, and Auditors
- Occupational Hygiene (OH) professionals such as OH Technicians etc.
- Occupational health professionals such as occupational health nurse and physicians
- Other professionals in OH-related fields such as ergonomics, human factors, occupational psychology, biosafety, noise monitoring and control, acoustics, engineering, analytical chemistry, facility management, or human resources etc., who would like to gain more knowledge and a broad appreciation of the occupational hygiene matters at the workplace
Minimum Entry Requirement
Applicants are expected to possess the following:
1. ES - WPL (Reading, Writing, Listening & Speaking) Level 6 OR GCE "O" Levels in English (Grades 1-6) AND
2. ES - WPN Level 6 OR GCE "O" Levels in Mathematics (Grades 1-6) OR ‘Bridging Module in Mathematics’ AND
3. GCE "O" Levels in Chemistry (Grades 1-6) OR ‘Bridging Module in Chemistry’ AND
4. At least 2 years of working experience in any industry
Note: Participants who are certified competent for SDWSH Level C are immediately exempted for English and Math.
Mode of Assessment
Assessment will be conducted during training and at the end of training through various assessment strategies.
Participants will be awarded the Statement of Attainment in Manage Hazardous Substances if they meet 75% attendance rate as well as passing all assessments required by the course.
Selected units under the Specialist Diploma in Occupational Hygiene have been closely referenced to existing MOM and NEA courses. Upon successful completion of these units, the candidate will be competent in fulfilling the duties and responsibilities as shown below:
|Courses Accredited by MOM/NEA
|Occupational Roles/ Competent Persons
|Monitor Noise and Vibration
|Noise Monitoring Course
|Noise Monitoring Officer
|Control Noise and Vibration
|Industrial Noise Control Course
|Noise Control Officer
|Manage Indoor Air Quality
Indoor Air Quality
|Manage Hazardous Substances
|Competent person for management of hazardous substances
Participants have to meet minimum 75% attendance and attain competency in the module. If the 75% attendance and/or competency criteria are not met, participants will have to pay the subsidy amountto Singapore Polytechnic.
With effect from January 2016, Singaporeans aged 25 years and above who received their SkillsFuture Credit account activation letter will be eligible for an initial credit of $500 which can be used to pay for course fees for a range of eligible skills-related courses. The credits can be used on top of existing course fee subsidies/funding. This is only applicable for Self-Sponsored applicants and must be applied via SkillsFuture Credit Portal within 30 days prior to course commencement date.
Course Fees payable:
|Singapore Citizens aged below 40 and Singapore PRs||Singapore Citizens||Others|
|Non-SME sponsored||1Sponsored by SME||2Aged 40 and above|
|(incl. GST)||(incl. GST)||(incl. GST)||(incl. GST)|
Full Course Fee: $680.00 (w/o gst)
1. Baseline Funding
a) Singaporean or Permanent Residents (Company or Self Sponsored) aged 21 years old and above
b) Sponsoring companies must be registered and/or incorporated in Singapore and must fully sponsor the course fee
c) Participants must:
i. achieve at least 75% attendance
ii. Complete and certified competent through all required assessments
iii. Complete post-training surveys conducted between 3-6 months after course end
Participants who have been granted the SSG funding but fail to meet the above requirements would be liable for the subsidised course fee.
2. Skills Future Mid-Career Enhanced Subsidy
With effect from 1st October 2015, Singaporeans aged 40 years and above will enjoy higher subsidies of up to 90% of course fees under the SkillsFuture Mid-Career Enhanced Subsidy scheme.
- Singaporean aged 40 years and above at the point of enrolment
- Achieve at least 75% attendance in the course
- Complete and pass all required assessments
- Complete post-training surveys conducted between 3-6 months after course end
For more information, please visit www.skillsconnect.gov.sg
3. Absentee Payroll Funding
Companies can claim absentee payroll funding when they sponsor their employees for the academic CET programmes.
For more information, please visit www.skillsconnect.gov.sg
Date of Course:
16, 17, 20, 21, 23, 24, 27, 28 Apr, 11 (Written Questionnaire) & 15 May 2020 (Oral Questionnaire)
31 Mar 2020
06,07,09,10,13,14,16, 17, 24 (Written Questionnaire) and 27 Jul 2020 (Oral Questionnaire)
19 Jun 2020
14, 15, 17, 18, 21, 22, 24, 25 Sept, 05 (Written Questionnaire) and 09 Oct 2020 (Oral Questionnaire)
28 Aug 2020
Please ensure you have the following documents with you during online application as documents are to be uploaded to complete the application:
1. Photocopy (back and front) of NRIC for Singaporeans and PRs, or 'Employment' / 'S' Pass for foreign applicants
2. Copies of your academic certificate/result slip/ transcript (GCE 'N','O' Certificate, Diploma, Degree, WPLN SOA)
3. Letter of employment / CV
4. Declaration Form
IMPORTANT: Applications without ALL of the above required supporting documents will be considered incomplete and rejected. Singapore Polytechnic regrets that we will not be able to inform individual applicants of the incomplete documentation nor disclose the reasons for selection/non-selection of applicants.
Note: PACE Academy course schedules, course trainer, course fees and course availability are subject to change without prior notice.
General Administration PACE
8.30am - 5.30pm (Mon - Fri)
8.30am - 8.00pm (Mon - Fri)
*Counter Services will be closed by 8pm on Mon-Fri, with effect from 01 Jan 2017.