Duration: 24 hours
6:30pm to 10:00pm
The SkillsFuture Singapore (SSG), the Ministry of Manpower (MOM) and the Workplace Safety & Health Council (WSHC) have jointly developed the Occupational Hygiene (OH) Professionals Workforce Skills Qualifications (WSQ) Framework, in consultation with WSH Manpower, Skills and Training Council (MSTC). The key purpose of the framework is support the National Workplace Health (WH) strategy which aims to assist stakeholders in taking proactive measures to improve their management of WH hazards and raise WH standards. The OH Professionals WSQ Framework also aims to train and develop competent and motivated OH Professionals who can assist employers, occupiers and other stakeholders in the anticipation, recognition, evaluation and control of WH risks at the workplace
What is this module about?
This unit covers mainly skills and knowledge for measurement of noise exposure at the workplace with the use of appropriate measuring equipment. A candidate who successfully completed this unit is recognised as having completed the necessary training as required by the Ministry of Manpower for conducting noise monitoring.
The target audience of this Modular course may include:
- Workplace Safety and Health (WSH) professionals such as WSH Coordinators, Officers, and Auditors
- Occupational Hygiene (OH) professionals such as OH Technicians etc.
- Occupational health professionals such as occupational health nurse and physicians
- Other professionals in OH-related fields such as ergonomics, human factors, occupational psychology, biosafety, noise monitoring and control, acoustics, engineering, analytical chemistry, facility management, or human resources etc., who would like to gain more knowledge and a broad appreciation of the occupational hygiene matters at the workplace
Minimum Entry Requirement
Applicants are expected to possess the following:
1. ESS - WPL (Reading, Writing, Listening & Speaking) Level 6 OR GCE "O" Levels in English (Grades 1-6)AND
2. ESS - WPN - Level 6 OR GCE "O" Levels in Mathematics (Grades 1-6) OR "Bridging Module in MathematicsAND
3. GCE "O" Levels in Physics / Combined Science (Physics Inclusive) Grades 1-6 OR "Bridging Module in Physics"AND
4. At least 2 years of working experience in any industry
* To be eligible for the course, applicants must provide evidence for the above documents
Note: Participants who are certified competent for SDWSH Level C are immediately exempted for English, Math and Physics.
Mode of Assessment
Assessment will be conducted during training and at the end of training through various assessment strategies.
Participants will be awarded the Statement of Attainment in Monitor Noise and Vibration if they meet 75% attendance rate as well as passing all assessments required by the course.
This course is accredited under the WSQ Monitor Noise and Vibration Programme, for Continuing Professional Development Programme. Participants will gain 24 SDU points upon completion of the course. Course participants must complete this course with at least 75% attendance rate per module. (valid from 26 Nov 2015 to 25 Nov 2016)
Selected units under the Specialist Diploma in Occupational Hygiene have been closely referenced to existing MOM and NEA courses. Upon successful completion of these units, the candidate will be competent in fulfilling the duties and responsibilities as shown below:
|Courses Accredited by MOM/NEA
|Occupational Roles/ Competent Persons
|Monitor Noise and Vibration
|Noise Monitoring Course
|Noise Monitoring Officer
|Control Noise and Vibration
|Industrial Noise Control Course
|Noise Control Officer
|Manage Indoor Air Quality
Indoor Air Quality
|Manage Hazardous Substances
|Competent person for management of hazardous substances
Course Fees payable:
|Singapore Citizens aged below 40 and Singapore PRs||Singapore Citizens||Others|
|Non-SME sponsored||1Sponsored by SME||2Aged 40 and above|
|$313.50||$93.50 ||$93.50 ||$550.00|
|(incl. GST)||(incl. GST)||(incl. GST)||(incl. GST|
1. Baseline Funding
a) Singaporean or Permanent Residents (Company or Self Sponsored) aged 21 years old and above
b) Sponsoring companies must be registered and/or incorporated in Singapore and must fully sponsor the course fee
c) Participants must:
i. achieve at least 75% attendance
ii. Complete and certified competent through all required assessments
iii. Complete post-training surveys conducted between 3-6 months after course end
Participants who have been granted the SSG funding but fail to meet the above requirements would be liable for the subsidised course fee.
2. Skills Future Mid-Career Enhanced Subsidy
With effect from 1st October 2015, Singaporeans aged 40 years and above will enjoy higher subsidies of up to 90% of course fees under the SkillsFuture Mid-Career Enhanced Subsidy scheme.
- Singaporean aged 40 years and above at the point of enrolment
- Achieve at least 75% attendance in the course
- Complete and pass all required assessments
- Complete post-training surveys conducted between 3-6 months after course end
For more information, please visit www.skillsconnect.gov.sg
3. Absentee Payroll Funding
Companies can claim absentee payroll funding when they sponsor their employees for the academic CET programmes.
For more information, please visit www.skillsconnect.gov.sg
Date of Course:
Theory: 22, 23, 24 July 2020
Practical: 27 and 28 July 2020
Written Assessment: 03 Aug 2020
Oral Assessment: 11 Aug 2020
Registration Closing Date:
03 July 2020
Please ensure you have the following documents with you during online application as documents are to be uploaded to complete the application:
1. Photocopy (back and front) of NRIC for Singaporeans and PRs, or 'Employment' / 'S' Pass for foreign applicants
2. Copies of your academic certificate/result slip/ transcript (GCE 'N','O' Certificate, Diploma, Degree, WPLN SOA)
3. Letter of employment / CV
4. Declaration Form
IMPORTANT: Applications without ALL of the above required supporting documents will be considered incomplete and rejected. Singapore Polytechnic regrets that we will not be able to inform individual applicants of the incomplete documentation nor disclose the reasons for selection/non-selection of applicants.
Note: PACE Academy course schedules, course trainer, course fees and course availability are subject to change without prior notice.
General Administration PACE
8.30am - 5.30pm (Mon - Fri)
8.30am - 8.00pm (Mon - Fri)
*Counter Services will be closed by 8pm on Mon-Fri, with effect from 01 Jan 2017.