Duration: Up to 12 months, comprising up to 1 month of facilitated classroom training and up to 11 months of structure on-job-training
Venue: Singapore Polytechnic
Time: 8am to 6pm
Course Dates: Rolling Intakes
The Professional Conversion Programme (PCP) for Medical Technology Engineer and Assistant Engineer is a 12-month programme which operates on a Place-and-Train mode.
Participating companies employ the candidates before they undergo up to 1 month of facilitated classroom training (two modules) with Singapore Polytechnic (SP) and up to 11 months of structured on-the-job training (OJT).
Customised programmes are designed for different job roles, which are tailored to individual’s development needs so as to equip them with the relevant skills and competencies for a successful career conversion in the MedTech Industry.
This programme aims at enabling mid-career/displaced PMETs to switch and/or embark on new careers by facilitating placements into hiring companies and putting them through industry-recognized training programmes to acquire necessary skills for Medical Technology Engineer’ or Assistant Engineer jobs in the Medical Technology industry.
Participating companies would hire the selected candidates as full-time employees. The participants will undergo a 2 facilitated training* at Singapore Polytechnic (SP) and about 11 months of company in-house structured on-the-job training (OJT)
* There are no fixed training schedules as class commencement is based on aggregated sign-ups by companies. Please contact SP for more information.
The programme comprised of:
(A) Faciliated classroom training in SP; and
(B) Structured OJT components in the company
(A) Companies need to decide 2 out of the 12 training modules based on organization needs
1. Follow Good Manufacturing Practices
2. Apply Continuous Process Improvement Techniques
3. Apply Process Quality Control Techniques
4. Operate in a Controlled Cleanroom Environment
5. Apply cGMP Requirements in the Workplace
6. Apply Workplace Safety and Health Practices
7. Use Process Drawings, Diagrams, Schedules and Manuals
8. Apply Injection Moulding Technology for Medical Devices
9. Control and Operate Bio Manufacturing
10. Process Control Precision Machining for Medical Technology
11. Design of Biomedical Devices
12. Manage Regulatory Requirements for Medical Devices
(B)In-company customized training including OJT components
• Medical Technology Engineer: Matured workers with relevant experience and/or Engineering / Science related degree
• Medical Technology Assistant Engineer: Matured workers with relevant experience and/or Engineering / Science related diploma and/or related NITEC
Assumed Skills and Knowledge
ITE certificate, Diploma or Degree in Engineering/Technology
Award / Certification / Accreditation
• Certificate of Performance
• Certificate of Performance (PCP)
|S/N||Module Title||Mode of Training||Duration Hours (Classroom & Assessment)||Full Course Fee||Course Fee Funding (Standard rate, up to 70%)||Nett course fee after 70% SSG Funding|
|1||Following Good Manufacturing Practices||Classroom||8||$450||$315||$144.45|
|2||Apply Continuous Process Improvement Techniques||Classroom||15||$650||$455||$208.65|
|3||Apply Process Quality Control Techniques||Classroom||30||$790||$553||$253.59|
|4||Operate in a Controlled Cleanroom Environment||Classroom||40||$2,800||$1,960||$898.80|
|5||Apply cGMP Requirements in the Workplace||Classroom||30||$1,300||$910||$417.30|
|6||Apply Workplace Safety and Health Practices||Classroom||9||$900||$630||$288.90|
|7||Use Process Drawings, Diagrams, Schedules and Manuals||Classroom||28||$2,200||$1,540||$706.20|
|8||Apply Injection Moulding Technilogy for Medical Devices||Classroom||45||$2,100||$1,470||$674.10|
|9||Contol and Operate Bio Manufacturing Process||Classroom||45||$2,100||$1,470||$674.10|
|10||Control Precision Machining for Medical Technology||Classroom||45||$2,100||$1,470||$674.10|
|11||Design of Biomedical Devices||Classroom||45||$2,100||$1,470||$674.10|
|12||Manage Regulatory Requirements for Medical Devices||Classroom||42||$1,900||$1,330||$609.90|
Participating companies will be supported with course fee and salary support as follows:
Course Fee funding - 70% of the course fee for trainee upon certified competent
Enhanced Course Fee funding*:
*Companies eligible for Enhanced Course Fee funding will have to submit via WSG's SkillsConnect portal.
- Enhanced Training Support for SME
- SkillsFuture Mid-Career Enhanced Subsidy
- Standard Rate - Funded at 70% for each trainee’s salary, capped at $4,000 per month
- Enhanced Rate - Funded at 90% for each eligible trainee’s salary, capped at $6,000 per month for mature or long-term unemployed Singaporean trainees.
The Salary Support will commensurate with their academic qualifications and working experience.Companies are not eligible to submit Absentee Payroll claims on behalf of trainees who are in the programme.For more information on funding eligibility and submission procedures, please click on the link provided:https://www.skillsconnect.gov.sg/sop/portal/Frequently%20Asked%20Questions/For%20Employers/Training%20Grant/tg.jsp
Terms and conditions apply for the funding support.
1) By E-Payment (VISA / Master credit/debit cards/ Internet Banking)
Please click on the ‘Make e-Payment’ button on the acknowledgement page to proceed
2) By NETS
Please make the payment at:
Singapore Polytechnic PACE Academy Blk T1A, Level 1 Mon-Fri: 8:30am to 8:00pm
3) By CASH
Please make the payment at:
Singapore Polytechnic Finance Department Admin Building, Level 2 Mon-Fri: 8:30am to 5:00pm
General Administration PACE
8.30am - 5.30pm (Mon - Fri)
8.30am - 8.00pm (Mon - Fri)
*Counter Services will be closed by 8pm on Mon-Fri, with effect from 01 Jan 2017.