Course Dates: TBA
Duration: Up to 6 months, comprising up to 300 hours of facilitated classroom training and up to 660 hours of structured on-job-training
Time: 6.30pm to 9.30pm (To be confirmed)
Venue: Singapore Polytechnic and 80RR Fintech Hub SG
This Professional Conversion Programme (PCP) is designed to equip mid-career switchers who aspire to become Blockchain Application Junior Developers with the necessary skills to enter the profession.
Through this programme, participants can look forward to the following certifications:
- FinTech Fundamentals Programme (PCP)
- FinTech - Blockchain (Beginners - PCP)
- FinTech - Blockchain (Intermediate - PCP)
Jointly developed by the National Trades Union Congress (NTUC), Singapore Polytechnic (SP) and Token Economy Association (TEA), the FinTech Fundamentals Programme aims to groom aspiring individuals into FinTech professionals. The programme features a line-up of renowned industry practitioners, C-suite leaders and entrepreneurs from local and international organisations.
The FinTech - Blockchain programmes are new courses curated by TEA and industry practitioners. The course content is designed mainly by Dr Ernie Teo, who was a former Research Scientist on blockchain in IBM and is currently CIO of a blockchain company in the supply chain and trade finance space.
This programme equip individuals with the opportunity to gain relevant experiences and to apply the acquired skills at their workplace. This will allow them to develop the required competencies for the job upon completion of the PCP.
FinTech Fundamentals Programme (PCP) (60 hrs)
- Introduction to FinTech
- FinTech Strategy
- Design Thinking in Financial Services
- Cloud Computing & Cybersecurity
- Big Data and Machine Learning in Finance
- Blockchain and Cryptocurrencies
- Open banking & API
FinTech - Blockchain (Beginners - PCP) (120 hrs)
- Overview of Blockchain
- Cryptocurrencies, Wallets and Beyond
- Smart Contracts
FinTech - Blockchain (Intermediate - PCP) (120 hrs)
- Advanced Blockchain Concepts
- Overview of Initial Coin Offerings (ICOs)
- Blockchain in Enterprises
• Blockchain Developer
• System Admin and Support
• Project Manager
Minimum Entry Requirements / Assumed Skills and Knowledge
• Singaporeans/ Singapore PRs
• Newly hired mid-career switchers
• Graduated or completed NS for at least 2 years
• No prior working experience in blockchain
• Coding experience preferred
Award / Certification / Accreditation
• Certificate of Performance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
A Certificate of Performance will be awarded to participants who pass the assessment and meet at least 75% attendance rate
Companies who are keen to know more or sign up for the PCP programme, please contact us at (PCP_Blockchain@sp.edu.sg).
Original Course Fee (exclude GST): $13,900
Funding Support (70% of Funding): $9,730
Nett Fees Payable after funding support (inclusive of GST): $4,461.90
|S/N||Module Title||Mode of Training||Duration Hours (Classroom & Assessment)||Full Course Fee w/o GST||Course Fee Funding (Standard rate, up to 70%)||Nett course fees (after subsidy) w GST|
|1||FinTech Fundamentals Programme (PCP)||Classroom||60 hrs||$3,200.00||$2,240.00||$1027.20|
|2||FinTech – Blockchain (Beginners - PCP)||Classroom||120 hrs||$4,300.00||$3,010.00||$1,380.30|
|3||FinTech – Blockchain (Intermediate - PCP)||Classroom||120 hrs||$6,400.00||$4,480.00||$2,054.40|
Eligibility for Funding Support:
- Singapore Citizens and SPRs (company sponsored)
- Achieve at least 80% attendance for all module(s)
- Complete and pass all required assessments
- Complete post-training survey conducted between 3 to 6 months after course end.
Participating companies will be supported with course fee and salary support as follows:
Course Fee funding - 70% of the course fee for trainee upon certified competent
Enhanced Course Fee funding*:
- Enhanced Training Support for SME
- SkillsFuture Mid-Career Enhanced Subsidy
- Standard Rate - Funded at 70% for each trainee’s salary, capped at $4,000 per month
- Enhanced Rate - Funded at 90% for each eligible trainee’s salary, capped at $6,000 per month for mature or long-term unemployed Singaporean trainees.
The Salary Support will commensurate with their academic qualifications and working experience.
Companies are not eligible to submit Absentee Payroll claims on behalf of trainees who are in the programme.
For more information on funding eligibility and submission procedures, please click on the link provided:
Terms and conditions apply for the funding support.