SP School of Mechanical & Aeronautical Engineering is pleased to offer the Work-Study Programme (WSP) leading to part-time Diploma in Engineering (Advanced Manufacturing). The WSP is a work-study programme designed to give fresh graduates from Polytechnic and Institute of Technical Education (ITE) a head-start in careers related to their discipline of study. It provides them with more opportunities after graduation to build on the skills and knowledge they acquired in school, and better supports their transition into the workforce.
This Work-Study Programme (WSP) aims to provide fresh graduates from Institute of Technical Education with the knowledge and skills to undertake job responsibilities of a maintenance specialist in process manufacturing plant or related industry.
Course Duration and Training Mode
Date of Course Commencement:
360 hours (1 years)
Facilitated Learning (F2F/ Online Synchronous) conducted by SP and structured On-the-Job Training (OJT) with the participating company.
Singapore Polytechnic (facilitated classroom training) and participating company (on-the-job training).
The WSP consists of 2 Modular Certificates (MCs) to be completed in 12 months. Candidates are to complete MC1: Certificate in Engineering Drafting & Design (EDD). Upon completion, candidates can choose any 1 out of 4 remaining MCs based on interest and organisational needs. The WSP will be conducted in Singapore Polytechnic.
Figure 1: Schematic Diagram of the WSP leading to Diploma in Engineering (Advanced Manufacturing)
MC 1: Modular Certificate in Engineering Drafting & Design (EDD)
• Computer-aided Drafting
• GD&T Applications
• Parts Design Engineering
MC 2: Modular Certificate in Productivity & Quality Improvement (PQI)
• Tooling Engineering
• Industrial Engineering
• Quality Engineering Management
For Participant who wish to continue and obtain the Diploma in Engineering (Advanced Manufacturing)
MC 3: Modular Certificate in Computer-Aided Manufacturing (CAM)
• CNC Turning Technology
• CNC Milling Technology
• Multi-axis Machining Applications
MC 4: Modular Certificate in Manufacturing Technology (MFT)
• Automation & Robotics in Advanced Manufacturing
• Manufacturing Processes
• IT for Data Analysis
MC 5: Modular Certificate in IoT in Manufacturing (IMF)
• IoT System & Design
• PLC for Advanced Manufacturing
• Industrial IoT
Please click here for module synopsis
Fresh full-time NITEC/Higher NITEC graduates from the relevant fields who wish to pursue a career in the Advanced Manufacturing sector via classroom learning and On-Job-Training at the company.
Minimum Entry Requirements:
1. Applicants must be a Singapore Citizen or Singapore Permanent Resident of Singapore.
2. Applicants must be a graduate with a Full-time ITE NITEC/ Higher NITEC Certificate within 36 months of graduation or from his last day of ORD.
3. Applicants must be hired by one of the participating companies for this Work-Study Programme.
4. Applicants must be a Full-time ITE NITEC graduate with GPA ≥ 2.0 or Full-time Higher NITEC graduate in Engineering discipline.
Past/Current Participating Companies:
Award / Certification / Accreditation
Upon completion of five Certificates within a five-year validity period, the participant will be conferred a Diploma qualification from Singapore Polytechnic.
|S/N||Certificate Name||Singapore Citizens ||Singapore Permanent Residents||Enhanced Training Support for SME scheme (For Singapore Citizens)||Enhanced Training Support for SME scheme (For Singapore Permanent Residents)|
|1||Certificate in Engineering Drafting & Design (EDD)||$621.14||$1,656.36||$427.64||$495.36
|2||Certificate in Productivity & Quality Improvement (PQI)||$621.14||$1,656.36||$427.64||$495.36
|3||Certificate in Computer-Aided Manufacturing (CAM)||$621.14||$1,656.36||$427.64||$495.36
|4||Certificate in Manufacturing Technology (MFT)||$621.14||$1,656.36||$427.64||$495.36
|5||Certificate in IoT in Manufacturing (IMF)||$621.14||$1,656.36||$427.64||$495.36|
* SkillsFuture Mid-Career Enhanced Funding and Enhanced Training Support for Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs). Click here for more details
The fees shown (inclusive of 7% GST) are indicative as they are based on prevailing funding policies and subject to review. Module Certificate fee is payable on a semester basis.
|Other Fees Payable |
|Singapore Citizens||Singapore Permanent Residents|
|Statutory Licence Fee (CLASS)||$1.01||$1.01|
|Insurance Fee (GPA)||$1.70||$1.70|
*Not subjected to GST
- The fees shown (inclusive of 7% GST) are indicative as they are based on prevailing funding policies and subject to review.
- Module Certificate Fee is payable on a semester basis/Post Diploma Module Certificate fee is payable on a semester basis.
- Withdraw within 2 weeks before semester commencement, 70% refund of the paid course fee.
- Withdraw on or after the date of semester commencement, no refund of the paid course fee.
Please note that other fees paid are non-refundable.
For interested applicants, please click here to submit your application.
Only candidates who are shortlisted by SP and hosting companies will be notified to attend interviews. Successful candidates employed by the hosting companies will be placed under the programme.
For interested participating companies, please click here to submit your participation form.
For course specific details, please contact the course manager:
Name: Mr Sufyan Zainalabidin
For other enquiries, please email to email@example.com
a) For payment via PayNow, please enter the UEN No. T08GB0056ACET and indicate the invoice/registration number.
b) For payment via Telegraphic Transfer, details will be provided in the invoice to companies.
Terms and Conditions