This Work-Study Programme allows students to work and gain experience as full-time employees in the companies as well as to learn through on-the-job trainings (OJTs) and capstone project by applying skills and knowledge acquired as they pursue the Continuing Education and Training (CET) Diploma course as adult learners on part-time basis.
This Work-Study Programme leading to the Part-time Diploma in Engineering (Electrical-Rapid Transit Technology) aims to prepare next generation of rapid transit technology professionals with the skills and knowledge to meet the needs of our growing rapid transit network. It also aims to provide ITE engineering graduates another career progression pathway to develop necessary competency and fulfil manpower requirement in the industry.
Course Duration and Training Mode:
Date of Course Commencement:
OJT 360 hours
Facilitated Learning 180 hours
Total: 540 hours
Training Mode :
Facilitated Learning (F2F/ Online Synchronous) conducted by SP and structured On-the-Job Training (OJT) will be conducted by SBS Transit or SMRT.
Singapore Polytechnic (facilitated classroom training) and participating company (on-the-job training).
Diploma in Engineering (Electrical - Rapid Transit Technology)
30 months or 2.5 years
*Two more MCs to complete DEMRT
MC3 + OJT (MC1 & MC2)
MC 1 & 2 : OJT conducted by SBS Transit or SMRT
MC1: Certificate in Fundamental Technical Training
• Rail Systems Maintenance I
• Workplace Safety and Health I
• Rail Operation
• Maintenance Management
MC2: Certificate in Advanced Technical Training
• Rail Systems Maintenance II
• Workplace Safety and Health II
• Process Improvement & Business Management
• Critical Core Skills (Leadership)
MC3: Certificate in Electrical & Electronic Engineering
• Electrical Principles
• Digital Principles
For Participant who wish to continue and obtain the Diploma in Applied Science (Chemical Laboratory Technology)
MC4: Certificate in Technologies for Rail Engineering
• Industrial Internet of Things
• Electrical Power Systems
• Operational Technology
• Engineering Asset Management
MC5: Certificate in Rail Engineering Project
• Engineering Project
• Rapid Transit Technology (Application)
Please click here for module synopsis
MC1 - MC2 (WSP) - conducted by SMRT/SBS
MC1 - MC2 (WSP) - TBC
MC4 - MC5 (diploma) - 3-4 evenings per week, 6:30 pm – 9:30 pm
The Work Study Programme is suitable for Fresh full-time NITEC/Higher NITEC graduates from the relevant fields who wish to deepen their skills as a rapid transit technology professional via classroom learning and On-Job-Training at the company.
Minimum Entry Requirements:
1. Applicants must be a Singapore Citizen or Singapore Permanent Resident or Long Term Visit Pass Plus (LTVP+)* Holders,
2. Applicants must also not suffer from serious colour appreciation deficiency,
3. Applicants must be a Full-time ITE NITEC with GPA ≥ 2.0 or Higher NITEC qualification in an engineering or information technology discipline,
4. Applicants must be a graduate with a Full-time ITE NITEC / Higher NITEC Certificate within 36 months of graduation or from his last day of ORD,
5. Applicants must be hired by one of the participating companies for this Work-Study Programme.
Past/Current Participating Companies:
- SMRT Trains Ltd
- SBS Transit
Award / Certification / Accreditation
Upon completion of five Certificates within a five-year validity period, the participant will be conferred a Diploma qualification from Singapore Polytechnic.
|S/N||Certificate Name||Singapore Citizens ||Singapore Permanent Residents||Enhanced Training Support for SME scheme (For Singapore Citizens)||Enhanced Training Support for SME scheme (For Singapore Permanent Residents)|
Certificate in Fundamental Technical Training
Certificate in Advanced Technical Training
|3||Certificate in Electrical & Electronic Engineering||$621.14||$1,656.36||$427.64||$495.36|
|4||Certificate in Technologies for Rail Engineering||$502.69||$1,340.50||$346.09||$400.90|
|5||Certificate in Rail Engineering Project||$502.69||$1,340.50||$346.09||$400.90|
* SkillsFuture Mid-Career Enhanced Funding and Enhanced Training Support for Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs). Click here for more details
The fees shown (inclusive of 7% GST) are indicative as they are based on prevailing funding policies and subject to review. Module Certificate fee is payable on a semester basis.
|Other Fees Payable |
|Singapore Citizens||Singapore Permanent Residents|
|Statutory Licence Fee (CLASS)||$1.01||$1.01|
|Insurance Fee (GPA)||$1.70||$1.70|
*Not subjected to GST
- The fees shown (inclusive of 7% GST) are indicative as they are based on prevailing funding policies and subject to review.
- Module Certificate Fee is payable on a semester basis/Post Diploma Module Certificate fee is payable on a semester basis.
- Withdraw within 2 weeks before semester commencement, 70% refund of the paid course fee.
- Withdraw on or after the date of semester commencement, no refund of the paid course fee.
Please note that other fees paid are non-refundable.
For interested applicants, please click here to submit your application.
Only candidates who are shortlisted by SP and hosting companies will be notified to attend interviews. Successful candidates employed by the hosting companies will be placed under the programme.
For interested participating companies, please click here to submit your participation form.
For enquiries, please email to email@example.com
a) For payment via PayNow, please enter the UEN No. T08GB0056ACET and indicate the invoice/registration number.
b) For payment via Telegraphic Transfer, details will be provided in the invoice to companies.
Terms and Conditions