The Advanced Diploma in Power Engineering (NAPE) is an 18-month SkillsFuture Work-Study Programmes (WSP) where trainees go through classroom facilitation and On-the-Job Training (OJT) to deepen relevant occupational and industry knowledge and skills. Fresh polytechnic graduates from relevant courses will be employed by participating companies in the power industry as full-time employees while studying part-time through classroom facilitation in Singapore Polytechnic.
This course aims to deepen the existing knowledge and skills of fresh polytechnic graduates in the areas of:
-power system protection
-high voltage operation
-power transmission and distribution
-power system planning and control
-electricity overview, acts and regulations
Course Duration and Training Mode:
Date of Course Commencement:
525 hours (18months)
Facilitated Learning (F2F/ Online Synchronous) conducted by SP and structured On-the-Job Training (OJT) with the participating company.
Singapore Polytechnic (facilitated classroom training) and participating company (on-the-job training).
Semester 1 (15 weeks)
PDC 1: High Voltage Operation and Protection
• Module 1 – High Voltage Operation
• Module 2 – Power System Protection
Semester 2 (15 weeks)
PDC 2: Power System Planning, Transmission and Distribution
• Module 3 – Power System Planning and Control
• Module 4 – Power Transmission and Distribution
Semester 3 (15 weeks)
PDC 3: Electricity Acts and Regulations
• Module 5 – Electricity Overview, Acts and Regulations
• Module 6 – Project
Please click here for module synopsis
The SkillsFuture Work-Study Programmes (WSP) is for Singapore Citizens and Singapore Permanent Residents who are fresh full-time polytechnic Diploma and ITE Diploma graduates in Singapore.
Working adults in the Power industry who wish to pick up specialised skills and knowledge in Power Engineering should consider our non-WSP courses like the Advanced Diploma in Power System Engineering or the Specialist Diploma In Energy Efficiency And Management
Minimum Entry Requirements:
1. Applicants must be a Singapore Citizen or Singapore Permanent Resident of Singapore.
2. Applicants must be a graduate with a Full-time Polytechnic Diploma/ITE Technical Diploma/ITE Technical Engineering Diploma/ITE Work-Learn Technical Diploma within 36 months of graduation or from his last day of ORD.
3. Applicants must be hired by one of the participating companies for this Work-Study Programme.
4. The list of eligible diplomas offered by local polytechnics are as follows:
• Diploma in Clean Energy (SP/TP)
• Diploma in Clean Energy Management (NP)
• Diploma in Electrical and Electronic Engineering (SP)
• Diploma in Electrical Engineering (NP)
• Diploma in Electrical Engineering with Eco Design (NYP)
• Diploma in Energy Systems and Management (SP)
• Diploma in Green Building Energy Management (RP)
SP will evaluate individuals who have graduated for more than 36 months but within 5 years from the date of gradation or ORD on a case-by-case basis.
Past/Current Participating Companies:
- Hydrochem (S) Pte Ltd
- Interlink Power System Pte Ltd
- LSK Engineering (S) Pte Ltd
- Megawatts Engineering Services Pte Ltd
- PSA Corporation Limited
- SBS Transit DTL Pte Ltd
- SBS Transit Ltd
- Solargy Pte Ltd
- SP Powergrid Ltd
- Sun Electric Pte. Ltd.
- Tuas Power Generation Pte Ltd
- YTL Powerseraya Pte Ltd
Award / Certification / Accreditation
Upon completion of three Post-Diploma Certificates and fulfilment of the skills competency through OJT within an 18 months validity period, the participant will be conferred an Advanced Diploma in Power Engineering qualification from Singapore Polytechnic.
|S/N||Certificate Name||Singapore Citizens ||Singapore Permanent Residents||Enhanced Training Support for SME scheme (For Singapore Citizens)||Enhanced Training Support for SME scheme (For Singapore Permanent Residents)|
|1||Certificate in High Voltage Operation and Protection ||$710.69||$1,895.18||$489.29||$566.78|
|2||Certificate in Power System Planning, Trasmission and Distribution||$710.69||$1,895.18||$489.29||$566.78|
|3||Certificate in Electricity Acts and Regulations||$651.47||$1,737.25||$448.52||$519.55|
| ||Total Course Fees:||$2,072.86||$5,527.62||$1,427.11||$1,653.12|
* SkillsFuture Mid-Career Enhanced Funding and Enhanced Training Support for Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs). Click here for more details
The fees shown (inclusive of 7% GST) are indicative as they are based on prevailing funding policies and subject to review. Module Certificate fee is payable on a semester basis.
|Other Fees Payable |
|Singapore Citizens||Singapore Permanent Residents|
|Statutory Licence Fee (CLASS)||$1.01||$1.01|
|Insurance Fee (GPA)||$1.70||$1.70|
*Not subjected to GST
- The fees shown (inclusive of 7% GST) are indicative as they are based on prevailing funding policies and subject to review.
- Module Certificate Fee is payable on a semester basis/Post Diploma Module Certificate fee is payable on a semester basis.
- Withdraw within 2 weeks before semester commencement, 70% refund of the paid course fee.
- Withdraw on or after the date of semester commencement, no refund of the paid course fee.
Please note that other fees paid are non-refundable.
For interested applicants, please click here to submit your application.
Only candidates who are shortlisted by SP and hosting companies will be notified to attend interviews. Successful candidates employed by the hosting companies will be placed under the programme.
For interested participating companies, please click here to submit your participation form.
For course specific details, please contact the course manager:
Name: Mr He Yingjie
For other enquiries, please email to email@example.com
a) For payment via PayNow, please enter the UEN No. T08GB0056ACET and indicate the invoice/registration number.
b) For payment via Telegraphic Transfer, details will be provided in the invoice to companies.
Terms and Conditions