Enterprises are virtually under constant cyber threats today. Significant cyber-attacks and data breaches at these enterprises have made headlines. Many of the attacks that have been uncovered are increasingly more sophisticated and complex.
The threat is exacerbated by the shortage of cyber security experts needed to counter the attacks. The growth opportunities in cyber security coupled with the increasing uncertainties and complexities in the global environment are driving demand for deeper levels of expertise in the cyber security industry.
The Specialist Diploma in Cyber Security course is designed with advanced topics to boost the level of Cyber Security skills of participants. This SkillsFuture Work-Study Programmes (WSP) in Cyber Security is designed as a work-study programme to give fresh polytechnic or Post-National Service (NS) graduates in Infocomm Security or Information Technology field, a head-start in careers related to Cyber Security. This is achieved through institutional-based learning at Singapore Polytechnic (SP) augmented by on-the-job training (OJT) with participating employers in the cyber security industry.
Course Duration and Training Mode:
Date of Course Commencement:
26 Sep 2022
345 hours (12 months)
Training Mode :
Facilitated Learning (F2F/ Online Synchronous) conducted by SP and structured On-the-Job Training (OJT) with the participating company.
Singapore Polytechnic (facilitated classroom training) and participating company (on-the-job training).
PDC in Cyber Security and Defences
• Infocomm Security & Network Essentials
• Ethical Hacking and Defences
• Security Management and Incident Response
PDC in Forensics and Investigation
• Digital Forensics
• Secure Coding
• Malware Reverse Engineering
Please click here for module synopsis
Fresh full-time polytechnic and ITE Diploma graduates from the infocomm security or information technology fields who wish to deepen their skills and embark on a career in cyber security.
Minimum Entry Requirements:
1. Applicants must be a Singapore Citizen or Singapore Permanent Resident of Singapore.
2. Applicants must be a graduate with a Full-time Polytechnic Diploma/ITE Technical Diploma/ITE Technical Engineering Diploma/ITE Work-Learn Technical Diploma within 36 months of graduation or from his last day of ORD.
3. Applicants must be hired by one of the participating companies for this Work-Study Programme.
4. The list of eligible diplomas offered by local polytechnics are as follows:
• Diploma in Business Application (RP)
• Diploma in Computer Engineering (Network Security) (SP)
• Diploma in Cyber & Digital Security (TP)
• Diploma in Cyber Security & Forensics (NYP)
• Diploma in Digital Forensics (TP)
• Diploma in Engineering Informatics (NYP)
• Diploma in Infocomm & Network Engineering (TP)
• Diploma in Infocomm Security Management (RP/SP)
• Diploma in Information Security & Forensics (NP)
• Diploma in Information Technology (NP/NYP/RP/SP/TP)
• Diploma in Mobile & Network Services (TP)
• Diploma in Multimedia & Infocomm Technology (NYP)
• Diploma in Network Systems & Security (NP)
SP will evaluate individuals who have graduated for more than 36 months but within 5 years from the date of gradation or ORD on a case-by-case basis.
Past/Current Participating Companies:
- Chevron International Pte Ltd
- Citi Singapore
- DBS Bank Ltd
- Deloitte & Touche Financial Advisory Services Pte Ltd
- Fujitsu Asia Pte Ltd
- Deloitte & Touche
- Ingram Micro Asia Ltd
- Integrated Health Information Systems Pte Ltd
- Proficio Pte Ltd
- PSA Corporation Limited
- Redcon Security Advisors LLP
- Singapore Computer Guys Pte Ltd
- Singapore Telecommunications Limited
- Standard Chartered Bank
Award / Certification / Accreditation
Upon completion of the two Post-Diploma Certificates and fulfilment of the skills competency through on-the-job training within the twelve-month validity period, the participant will be conferred the Specialist Diploma in Cyber Security qualification from Singapore Polytechnic.
|S/N||Certificate Name||Singapore Citizens ||Singapore Permanent Residents||Enhanced Training Support for SME scheme (For Singapore Citizens)||Enhanced Training Support for SME scheme (For Singapore Permanent Residents)|
|1||Certificate in Cyber Security and Defences||$829.14||$2,211.05||$570.84||$661.25|
|2||Certificate in Forensics and Investigation||$760.05||$2,026.79||$523.27||$606.14|
| ||Total Course Fees:||$1,589.19||$4,237.84||$1,094.12||$1,267.39|
* SkillsFuture Mid-Career Enhanced Funding and Enhanced Training Support for Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs). Click here for more details
The fees shown (inclusive of 7% GST) are indicative as they are based on prevailing funding policies and subject to review. Module Certificate fee is payable on a semester basis.
|Other Fees Payable |
|Singapore Citizens||Singapore Permanent Residents|
|Statutory Licence Fee (CLASS)||$1.01||$1.01|
|Insurance Fee (GPA)||$1.70||$1.70|
*Not subjected to GST
- The fees shown (inclusive of 7% GST) are indicative as they are based on prevailing funding policies and subject to review.
- Module Certificate Fee is payable on a semester basis/Post Diploma Module Certificate fee is payable on a semester basis.
- Withdraw within 2 weeks before semester commencement, 70% refund of the paid course fee.
- Withdraw on or after the date of semester commencement, no refund of the paid course fee.
Please note that other fees paid are non-refundable.
For interested applicants, please click here to submit your application.
Only candidates who are shortlisted by SP and hosting companies will be notified to attend interviews. Successful candidates employed by the hosting companies will be placed under the programme.
For interested participating companies, please click here to submit your participation form.
For course specific details, please contact the course manager:
Name: Mr Karl Kwan
For other enquiries, please email to firstname.lastname@example.org
a) For payment via PayNow, please enter the UEN No. T08GB0056ACET and indicate the invoice/registration number.
b) For payment via Telegraphic Transfer, details will be provided in the invoice to companies.
Terms and Conditions