This structured 12-month work-study programme will not only prepare the participants for a fruitful career in the port industry, it will help to build a critical pipeline of port operations officers to support the development of Singapore as a premier global hub port. It will provide the participants with a head-start in careers through the deepening of skills gained from acquiring relevant work experience and skills. Participants will enjoy skills-based wage increments and meaningful career advancement pathways upon programme completion and satisfactory job performance.
This Work-Study Programmes (WSP) aims to provide the participants with a head-start in their career and deepen their skillsets in the container terminal and multi-purpose port operations which include yard planning, stowage planning and control centre. The participants will be given the opportunity to learn better through structured practicum training and institution-based training in the port operations sector.
Course Duration and Training Mode:
Date of Course Commencement:
300 hours (12months)
Training Mode :
Facilitated Learning (F2F/ Online Synchronous) conducted by SP and structure practicum with the participating company.
Singapore Polytechnic (facilitated classroom training) and participating company (Practicum).
PDC 1: Certificate in Port Operations
• Module 1 - Essentials in Port Operations
• Module 2 - Safety and Security
PDC 2: Certificate in Port Management
• Module 3 - Maritime Business and Administration
• Module 4 – Practicum
Please click here for module synopsis
Maritime or Logistics graduates who wish to embark on a career in the port operations sector. This structured 12-month work-study programme is also suitable for maritime or logistics executives who are keen to enhance and/or upgrade their existing knowledge and skills in the areas of port terminal services and marine operations.
Minimum Entry Requirements:
1. Applicants must be a Singapore Citizen or Singapore Permanent Resident of Singapore.
2. Applicants must be a graduate with a Full-time Polytechnic Diploma/ITE Technical Diploma/ITE Technical Engineering Diploma/ITE Work-Learn Technical Diploma within 36 months of graduation or from his last day of ORD.
3. Applicants must be hired by one of the participating companies for this Work-Study Programme.
4. The list of eligible diplomas offered by local polytechnics are as follows:
• Diploma in Supply Chain Management (RP)
• Diploma in Nautical Studies (SP)
• Diploma in Maritime Business (SP)
• Diploma in Logistics and Operations Management (TP)
• Diploma in International Logistics and Supply Chain Management (NP)
• Diploma in Industrial and Operations Management (RP)
• Diploma in Engineering with Business (NYP)
• Diploma in Business Studies (NP)
• Diploma in Business Process & Systems Engineering (TP)
• Diploma In Business Management (NYP)
• Diploma in Business Administration (SP)
SP will evaluate individuals who have graduated for more than 36 months but within 5 years from the date of gradation or ORD on a case-by-case basis.
Past/Current Participating Companies:
- Jurong Port Pte Ltd
- PSA Corporation Limited
Award / Certification / Accreditation
Upon completion of 2 Post-Diploma Certificates and fulfilment of the skills competency through practicum within a 12-months validity period, the participant will be conferred Specialist Diploma in Port Management and Operations qualification from Singapore Polytechnic.
The Specialist Diploma in Port Management and Operations graduates who apply for ingapore University of Social Sciences (SUSS), BSc in Logistics and Supply Chain Management course, would be eligible to be exempted from selected modules, subjected to them meeting certain minimum requirements.
|S/N||Certificate Name||Singapore Citizens ||Singapore Permanent Residents||Enhanced Training Support for SME scheme (For Singapore Citizens)||Enhanced Training Support for SME scheme (For Singapore Permanent Residents)|
|1||Certificate in Port Operations||$676.53||$1,804.02||$465.78|| $539.52|
|2||Certificate in Port Management||$270.60||$721.61||$186.30||$215.81|
| ||Total Course Fees:||$947.13||$2,525.63||$652.08||$755.33|
* SkillsFuture Mid-Career Enhanced Funding and Enhanced Training Support for Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs). Click here for more details
The fees shown (inclusive of 7% GST) are indicative as they are based on prevailing funding policies and subject to review. Module Certificate fee is payable on a semester basis.
|Other Fees Payable |
|Singapore Citizens||Singapore Permanent Residents|
|Statutory Licence Fee (CLASS)||$1.01||$1.01|
|Insurance Fee (GPA)||$1.70||$1.70|
*Not subjected to GST
- The fees shown (inclusive of 7% GST) are indicative as they are based on prevailing funding policies and subject to review.
- Module Certificate Fee is payable on a semester basis/Post Diploma Module Certificate fee is payable on a semester basis.
- Withdraw within 2 weeks before semester commencement, 70% refund of the paid course fee.
- Withdraw on or after the date of semester commencement, no refund of the paid course fee.
Please note that other fees paid are non-refundable.
For interested applicants, please click here to submit your application.
Only candidates who are shortlisted by SP and hosting companies will be notified to attend interviews. Successful candidates employed by the hosting companies will be placed under the programme.
For interested participating companies, please click here to submit your participation form.
For course specific details, please contact the course manager:
Name: Capt Agus Kassim
For other enquiries, please email to email@example.com
a) For payment via PayNow, please enter the UEN No. T08GB0056ACET and indicate the invoice/registration number.
b) For payment via Telegraphic Transfer, details will be provided in the invoice to companies.
Terms and Conditions