Course Duration and Training Mode:
Date of Course Commencement:
300 hours (12months)
Training Mode :
Facilitated Learning (F2F/ Online Synchronous) conducted by SP and structured On-the-Job Training (OJT) with the participating company.
Singapore Polytechnic (facilitated classroom training) and participating company (on-the-job training).
PDC 1: Certificate in Port Operations
• Module 1 - Essentials in Port Operations
• Module 2 - Safety and Security
PDC 2: Certificate in Port Management
• Module 3 - Maritime Business and Administration
• Module 4 – On-Job-Training
Please click here for module synopsis
Maritime or Logistics graduates who wish to embark on a career in the port operations sector. This structured 12-month work-study programme is also suitable for maritime or logistics executives who are keen to enhance and/or upgrade their existing knowledge and skills in the areas of port terminal services and marine operations.
Minimum Entry Requirements:
1. Applicants must be a Singapore Citizen or Singapore Permanent Resident of Singapore or Long Term Visit Pass Plus (LTVP+)* Holders,
2. Applicants must be a graduate with a Full-time Polytechnic Diploma/ITE Technical Diploma/ITE Technical Engineering Diploma/ITE Work-Learn Technical Diploma within 36 months of graduation or from his last day of ORD.
3. Applicants must be hired by one of the participating companies for this Work-Study Programme.
4. The list of eligible diplomas offered by local polytechnics are as follows:
• Diploma in Supply Chain Management (RP)
• Diploma in Nautical Studies (SP)
• Diploma in Maritime Business (SP)
• Diploma in Logistics and Operations Management (TP)
• Diploma in International Logistics and Supply Chain Management (NP)
• Diploma in Industrial and Operations Management (RP)
• Diploma in Engineering with Business (NYP)
• Diploma in Business Studies (NP)
• Diploma in Business Process & Systems Engineering (TP)
• Diploma In Business Management (NYP)
• Diploma in Business Administration (SP)
SP will evaluate individuals who have graduated for more than 36 months but within 5 years from the date of gradation or ORD on a case-by-case basis.
* The LTVP+ scheme applies to lawful foreign spouses of Singapore Citizens with (i) at least one Singapore Citizen child or are expecting one from the marriage, or at least three years of marriage, and (ii) where the Singapore Citizen sponsor is able to support the family. LTVP+ holders can be identified with their green visit pass cards, with the word ‘PLUS’ on the back of the card.
Past/Current Participating Companies:
- Jurong Port Pte Ltd
- PSA Corporation Limited
Award / Certification / Accreditation
Upon completion of 2 Post-Diploma Certificates and fulfilment of the skills competency through OJT within a 12-months validity period, the participant will be conferred Specialist Diploma in Port Management and Operations qualification from Singapore Polytechnic.
The Specialist Diploma in Port Management and Operations graduates who apply for SUSS, BSc in Logistics and Supply Chain Management course, would be eligible to be exempted from selected modules, subjected to them meeting certain minimum requirements.
|S/N||Certificate Name||Singapore Citizens ||Singapore Permanent Residents||Enhanced Training Support for SME scheme (For Singapore Citizens)||Enhanced Training Support for SME scheme (For Singapore Permanent Residents)||LTVP+|
|1||Certificate in Port Operations||$676.53||$1,804.02||$465.78|| $539.52||$5,510.05|
|2||Certificate in Port Management||$270.60||$721.61||$186.30||$215.81||$1,804.02|
| ||Total Course Fees:||$947.13||$2,525.63||$652.08||$755.33||$6,314.07|
* SkillsFuture Mid-Career Enhanced Funding and Enhanced Training Support for Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs). Click here for more details
The fees shown (inclusive of 7% GST) are indicative as they are based on prevailing funding policies and subject to review. Module Certificate fee is payable on a semester basis.
|Other Fees Payable |
|Singapore Citizens||Singapore Permanent Residents|
|Statutory Licence Fee (CLASS)||$1.01||$1.01|
|Insurance Fee (GPA)||$1.70||$1.70|
*Not subjected to GST
- The fees shown (inclusive of 7% GST) are indicative as they are based on prevailing funding policies and subject to review.
- Module Certificate Fee is payable on a semester basis/Post Diploma Module Certificate fee is payable on a semester basis.
- Withdraw within 2 weeks before semester commencement, 70% refund of the paid course fee.
- Withdraw on or after the date of semester commencement, no refund of the paid course fee.
Please note that other fees paid are non-refundable.
For interested applicants, please click here to submit your application.
Only candidates who are shortlisted by SP and hosting companies will be notified to attend interviews. Successful candidates employed by the hosting companies will be placed under the programme.
For interested participating companies, please click here to submit your participation form.
For course specific details, please contact the course manager:
Name: Capt Cheong Kwee Thiam
For other enquiries, please email to email@example.com
a) For payment via PayNow, please enter the UEN No. T08GB0056ACET and indicate the invoice/registration number.
b) For payment via Telegraphic Transfer, details will be provided in the invoice to companies.
Terms and Conditions