Objective & Scope of Programme
The ATTACH AND TRAIN PROGRAMME FOR BIOLOGICS MANUFACTURING (AnT Biologics) (Replace LOCAL Biologics Skills Training Programme or Local Boost) is a manpower talent development programme aims at building up a pipeline of skilled manpower for Singapore's biologics manufacturing industry. This programme is jointly supported by the Workforce Singapore (WSG) and Singapore Polytechnic (SP). Trainees undergo 262 hours of trainings leading to Certificate in Attach and Train for Biologics Manufacturing and 18-21 months of structured on-the-job training (OJT) with leading biologics companies to deepen their technical competencies and work skills. Trainees who successfully complete the programme are highly sought after as the biopharmaceutical industry in Singapore is rapidly growing and expanding.
Programme Duration: 262 hours (estimated 2-3 months of full time training at SP)
Programme Commencement Period: 3 JUN 2019
Extended Date for Application: 22 April 2019 – 6 May 2019
• Roche Singapore Technical Operations Pte Ltd
• Lonza Biologics Tuas Pte Ltd
Throughout the entire OJT period, trainees are attached to one of the participating companies & trained in one or more areas outlined below:
(1) Facilities Management - Roche
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to carry out technical reviews for indirect contract renewals and providing procurement services within the department.
- Identify areas of Continuous Improvements to bring about value enhancements to Facilities Management Operations through Kaizen implementation.
- Support company’s sustainability effort and local authority data collection/analysis for reporting.
(2) Cell Therapy Manufacturing - Lonza
- Attain a basic understanding of cGMP’s and compliance in a GMP manufacturing setting performing both supervised and unsupervised tasks.
- Equipment monitoring and maintenance.
- Perform basic laboratory tasks (pH, Conductivity, sampling etc…)
- Perform routine sanitation tasks to maintain facility standards.
- Demonstrate aseptic technique in the handling of product/ materials.
- Participate in ensuring all batch records are in preparation for next 24 hours production.
(3) Quality Assurance - Lonza
- Support day to day QA activities in accordance with current Good Manufacturing Practice (cGMP) and Good Documentation Practice (GDP) guidelines.
- Take on role of QA Specialist in one of 4 areas: Quality Systems, QA Engineering, QA SCM/QC or Quality Operations.
(4) Quality Control (QC) - Lonza
- Analysis of environmental, raw materials, in-process and final bulk product samples according to Standard Operating Procedures and Test Methods.
- Documentation of results in accordance with current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP).
- General lab support including housekeeping, equipment maintenance, inventory of supplies, etc.
- Problem solving of analytical methods as well as troubleshooting of equipment will also be performed as the employee advances from one level to the next.
- Perform routine testing with supervisor direction.
- Perform general lab support.
- Complete GMP and Safety Training.
- Specific Areas of Responsibility:
i. Microbiology/EM Area: Understanding of basic micro and intermediate techniques (bioburden, LAL, plating and counting techniques, etc.).
ii. Analytical/Biochemical Area: Basic understanding and execution of spectroscopy, assigned basic methods which may include chromatography methods, Elisa, PCR, osmolality, potency methods, appearance and other physiochemical methods.
iii. Raw Materials Area: Basic understanding and execution of compendia monographs, chemistry fundamentals behind less complex methods.
(5) Manufacturing, Science and Technology (MSAT) - Lonza
- Support technology transfer of the customer’s manufacturing process into the Lonza Singapore production facility.
- Perform/support experiments in the MSAT scale-down process lab to support process technology transfer.
- Support investigations into process issues or deviations.
- Support pre-campaign preparation activities (BR review, training, change requests) for projects.
- Provide floor and on-call support during production.
a. Singapore citizens or Singapore permanent residents;
b. Candidates with at least a NITEC/Higher NITEC/Diploma/Degree from any disciplines;
c. Candidates without prior working experience in the biopharmaceutical manufacturing industry*;
d. Fresh graduates who are keen to join the industry, junior hires or mid-career professionals who are switching out of other industry.
*Individuals who are current or were ex-student interns from a biopharmaceutical company are eligible to apply.
Application Process & Selection Criteria
You are to refer to the Application Procedure for AnT-Biologics Mfg. It requires you to download an application form in this Website, complete and submit it together with educational certificates and transcripts. It is important that you indicate the trainee position(s) that you are interested to apply in the application form. You can indicate one or more trainee positions. You are expected to work day/night shifts if you are successfully enrolled into programme. For further details on the submission of application, please refer below.
Your application will be sent to the companies for shortlisting and acceptance into the programme. Only shortlisted individuals will be notified by SP &/or company to attend interviews*. Trainees who are successfully enrolled into programme are to sign a training deed with SP. In addition, shortlisted trainees are required to undergo and clear medical check-up.
*Even though you may meet the minimum entry requirements and are eligible for this programme, this does not guarantee that you will be granted an interview as the companies have the discretion in the selection process.
Monthly training allowance (up to $3,600 or $2560 depending on academic qualifications).
No course fees is payable by trainees.
*Terms and Conditions Apply
Assumed Skills and Knowledge
Minimum Entry Requirements
At least a NITEC / Higher NITEC / Diploma / Degree from any disciplines.
Outline of Facilitated WSQ Trainings at SP
Consists of eleven WSQ modules.
Trainees will complete all the eleven WSQ modules successfully to be awarded Certificate in Attach & Train for Biologics Manufacturing by SP.
The eleven WSQ modules are:
i) Follow Good Manufacturing Practices
ii) Apply Safety in Process Plant
iii) Apply Continuous Process Improvement Techniques
iv) Apply Process Quality Control Techniques
v) Perform Emergency Shutdown of Process Plant
vi) Operate Inoculation and Fermentation Reactors
vii) Apply cGMP Requirements in the Workplace
viii) Operate in a Controlled Clean Room Environment
ix) Operate Tangential Flow Filtration Process Equipment
x) Operate Chromatography Process Equipment
xi) Operate Single-use Technologies
Application Procedure for AnT-Biologics Mfg
Submission of Application either:
(1) By email
Email duly completed application form and supporting documents to email@example.com and indicate in the title of your email ‘AnT Biologics-May 2019 Intake’.
(2) By post
Send duly completed application form and supporting documents to:
Programme Manager, AnT-Biologics Manufacturing Programme
School of Chemical and Life Sciences
500 Dover Road Singapore 139651
(Attention: Dr Chong Fui Chin)
Indicate on the envelope ‘AnT Biologics-May 2019 Intake’.
For further enquiries, you can send email to:
firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate 'AnT-Biologics Mfg'