Duration: 3 Days, 22.5 Hours
Days: Selected Weekdays
Time: 9:00am to 5:30pm
Venue: Singapore Polytechnic
What is this course about?
To increase and enhance the knowledge base of supervisory and management staff in food manufacturing plants which will allow them to take a holistic approach towards effectively managing food hygiene and safety within their plants.
Supervisors and middle management especially those involved in quality management.
Assumed Skills and Knowledge
- Min ESS level 5
- WSQ Certification in Basic Food Hygiene or equivalent
Module A: Introduction to Advanced Food Hygiene Practice
Module B: Food Poisoning and Food Infections
Module C: Prevention of food contamination
Module D: Design and construction of a food premise
Module E: Equipment design
Module F: Personal hygiene
Module G: Cleaning and disinfection
Module H: Pest Control
Module I: Management control techniques
Mode of Assessment
Written assessment and mini group project.
Participants will be awarded Statement of Attainment if they achieved at least 75% attendance rate as well as certified competent through all assessments and projects required by the course.
Course Fee: $700.00
Please refer to the Funding Incentives for more information.
|Funding Type||Funded Amount||Amount Payable (With GST)|
|Singaporeans and PRs||$337.50||$411.50|
|Singapore Citizens 40 years old and above||$630.00||$119.00|
|Workfare Training Support (WTS) letter holders / Singapore Citizens 35 years old and above (13 years and above for Persons With Disabilities) + earning >$2,000||$665.00||$84.00|
|Singaporeans and PRs from Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs)||$630.00||$119.00|
Participants have to meet minimum 75% attendance and attain competency in the module. If the 75% attendance and/or competency criteria are not met, participants will have to pay the subsidy amount to Singapore Polytechnic.
Please submit latest payslip (only applicable to WTS subsidy applicant) and completed Declaration Form upon successful Enrolment to receive the subsidies.
With effect from January 2016, Singaporeans aged 25 years and above who received their SkillsFuture Credit account activation letter will be eligible for an initial credit of $500 which can be used to pay for course fees for a range of eligible skills-related courses. The credits can be used on top of existing course fee subsidies/funding.
This is only applicable for Self-Sponsored applicants and must be applied via SkillsFuture Credit Portal within 30 days prior to course commencement date.
Skills Development Fund (SDF)
Please note that w.e.f 1 August 2014, SDF Funding has changed from Nett Fee Payment to Full Fee Payment.
Course Fee: $700.00
Full Course Fee: $749.00 (incl. GST)
Through the Skills Development Fund (SDF), employers can enjoy grants for staff training though the funding rate may differ for various courses. Employers will need to apply via the SkillsConnect system to obtain training assistance for course fees.
To be eligible for SDF support,
• Companies must be registered or incorporated in Singapore
• Supportable cost components (such as course fees) must be fully sponsored by companies
• Trainees must be employees who are either Singapore Citizens or Singapore Permanent Residents (SPR)
• Trainees must have achieved at least 75% attendance and have sat for all examinations if the course leads to certification
SDF is not applicable to self-sponsored applicant.
For more information, please call 6883 5885.
Union Training Assistance Programme (UTAP)
NTUC union members enjoy 50% (unfunded) course fee support for up to $250 each year when you enrol for courses supported under UTAP (Union Training Assistance Programme). Conditions apply.
For more information, please call NTUC Membership hotline at 6213 8008 or email UTAP@e2i.com.sg Website: https://skillsupgrade.ntuc.org.sg
a) For e-payment using Visa/Master cards, please click on the 'Make ePayment' button on the acknowledgement page to proceed.
b) For NETS payment, you can pay at:
Singapore Polytechnic PACE Academy
Blk T1A, Level 1
Mon-Fri: 8:30am to 7:30pm
c) Cheques should be made payable to Singapore Polytechnic. Please cross the cheque and write the Registration Reference ID, Applicant Name and NRIC/FIN number on the back of the cheque. Mail the cheque to:
500 Dover Road
Blk T1A, Level 1
Withdrawal and Deferment
Withdrawal and deferment notice must be made in writing to the Professional & Adult Continuing Education (PACE) Academy via email to email@example.com. For withdrawal cases, the portion of course fee to be refunded is based on the date of notice as follows:
• 2 weeks before the commencement of the course - Full refund
• Less than 2 weeks before commencement of the course - 70% refund
• On or after date of commencement - No refund
* Unless otherwise stated in the course webpage
The Singapore Polytechnic reserves the right to cancel or postpone any of the courses. Applicants will be duly notified and where applicable, the full fees will be refunded.
The Singapore Polytechnic also reserves the right to amend the fees charged or the period and duration of the courses.
14 - 16 Aug 2019
24 July 2019
20 - 22 Nov 2019
30 Oct 2019
Please take note:
1) The registration will be closed once the class is full.
2) Registration is based on first come first serve basis.
Documents Required for Registration (to be uploaded at point of online registration)
Upon completing online registration, please submit the following:
1. Photocopy (back and front) of NRIC for Singaporeans and PRs, or "Employment"/ "S" Pass for foreign applicants
2. Copies of your academic certificate/result slip/ transcript (eg: GCE 'N','O' Certificate, NITEC, Diploma, Degree, WPLN SOA)
3. WSQ Certification in Basic Food Hygiene or equivalent
4. WSQ Declaration Form (Download here > WSQ Declaration Form)
- For company-sponsored applicant, please proceed to submit the Training Grant (TG) application via SkillsConnect within 30 days before the course start date otherwise full course fee ($749.00) will be charged.
5. Payslip is required for applicant who is 35 years old and above (13 years and above for Persons With Disabilities) with monthly income $2,000.00 or less OR to produce WTS letter to enjoy WTS funding.
IMPORTANT: Applications without ALL of the above required supporting documents will be considered incomplete and rejected. Singapore Polytechnic regrets that we will not be able to inform individual applicants of the incomplete documentation nor disclose the reasons for selection/non-selection of applicants.
Note: PACE Academy course schedules, course trainer, course fees and course availability are subject to change without prior notice.
General Administration PACE
8.30am - 6.00pm (Mon - Thur)
8.30am - 5.30pm (Fri)
8.30am - 7.00pm (Mon - Fri)
The Office is closed on Saturdays, Sundays and Public Holidays.