Time: 9am to 5.30pm
Singapore Polytechnic, T11B301
What is this course about?
This training provides basic knowledge and skills in applying Hygiene and Safety Practices in Food Manufacturing pertaining to food and beverages production. It covers basic bacteriology, food storage, handling and production as well as personal hygiene practices essential to produce safe food under a manufacturing environment. Relevant rules, regulations and practices of the industry will be discussed.
Training will be delivered through lecture, demonstration and role play and hands-on activities.
This unit is one of the Specialisation Electives leading to the award of WSQ Certificate in Generic Manufacturing Skills (Food Manufacturing)
The occupations that this unit would be relevant to include:
- Assistant Cooks/Cooks
- Catering Assistants
- Food Production Operators/Food Process Operators
- Food Technicians
- Catering Supervisors/Assistant Supervisors
Assumed Skills and Knowledge
Learners are assumed to have minimum ESS level 3
- Causes and Consequences of Food-borne Diseases
- Personal Hygiene in a food manufacturing environment
- Maintain food processing equipment and utensils through proper cleaning and sanitation
- Prepare food safely for food manufacturing
- Handle and process food safely for food manufacturing
- Store food safely for food manufacturing
- Maintain food manufacturing premises through proper housekeeping, cleaning and sanitation
- Check for non-conformances and changes under a food manufacturing environment
Mode of Assessment
Written Question and Practical Performance
SOA (by SSG)
Course Fee: $385.20 (Inclusive of GST)
Please see Funding Incentives for more information
Course Fee: $360.00
SSG Funding*: $112.00
Nett Course Fee after SSG Funding: $273.20
SDF Assistance per trainee = $112.00 per participant.
a) $360.00 + $25.20 (GST) = $385.20 per participant
b) $385.20 - $112.00 (SDF Assistance) = $273.20 per participant (for companies only)
As the course fee type on SkillsConnect is Full Fee, all participants whose SDF Training Grant are applied and approved are to claim the grant from SSG, 120 days from course end date. Participant has to be company-sponsored and only company cheque payment is accepted for SDF Training Grant application to be successful with SSG.
Companies sponsoring eligible employees are required to register as a SkillsConnect User.
Self-sponsored WTS participant is to apply for funding support via Service Touch-points (Self Help Groups/ NTUC/ WDA Career Centres at CDCs) within 180 days before or up to 30 days after course commencement date.Please click here to find out more about the training grants in SkillsConnect.
Successful applicants will receive an email for payment.
a) For e-payment using Visa/Master cards, ePayment link will be provided in the email.
b) For NETS payment, please pay at:
Blk T1A, Level 1
Mon-Fri: 8:30am to 7:30pm
c) Cheques should be made payable to Singapore Polytechnic. Please cross the cheque and write the Registration Reference ID, Applicant Name and NRIC/FIN number on the back of the cheque. Mail the cheque to:
500 Dover Road
Blk T1A, Level 1
II) Company sponsored
Cheques should be made payable to Singapore Polytechnic. Please cross the cheque and write the Registration Reference ID, Applicant Name and NRIC/FIN number on the back of the cheque. Mail the cheque to:
500 Dover Road
Blk T1A, Level 1
Withdrawal and Deferment
Withdrawal and deferment notice must be made in writing to the Professional & Adult Continuing Education (PACE) Academy via email to email@example.com. For withdrawal cases, the portion of course fee to be refunded is based on the date of notice as follows:
- 2 weeks before the commencement of the course - Full refund
- Less than 2 weeks before commencement of the course - 70% refund
- On or after date of commencement - No refund
- * Unless otherwise stated in the course webpage
The Singapore Polytechnic reserves the right to cancel or postpone any of the courses. Applicants will be duly notified and where applicable, the full fees will be refunded.
The Singapore Polytechnic also reserves the right to amend the fees charged or the period and duration of the courses.
Important DatesRegistration Closing Date:
Please note that once the maximum class size is reached, the online registration will be closed.
Date of Course:
NO SCHEDULE AT THE MOMENT
Documents Required for Registration
1. Photocopy (back and front) of NRIC for Singaporeans and PRs, or 'Employment'/ 'S' Pass for foreign applicants.
2. Copies of your academic certificate/result slip/ transcript (eg: GCE 'N', 'O' Certificate, NITEC, Diploma, Degree, WPLN SOA)
3. WSQ Declaration Form (Download here > WSQ Declaration Form)
- For company-sponsored applicant, please proceed to submit the Training Grant (TG) application via SkillsConnect within 30 days before the course start date otherwise full course fee ($385.20) will be charged.
4. Payslip is required for applicant who is 35 years old and above (13 years and above for Persons With Disabilities) with monthly income $2,000.00 or less OR to produce WTS letter to enjoy WTS funding.IMPORTANT:
Applications without ALL of the above required supporting documents will be considered incomplete and rejected. Singapore Polytechnic regrets that we will not be able to inform individual applicants of the incomplete documentation nor disclose the reasons for selection/non-selection of applicants.
General Administration PACE
8.30am - 6.00pm (Mon - Thur)
8.30am - 5.30pm (Fri)
8.30am - 8.00pm (Mon - Fri)
The Office is closed on Sat, Sun and Public Holiday.
Terms and Conditions