Duration: 30 hours, 9 sessions
Venue: Singapore Polytechnic
Assumed Skills and Knowledge
1. Preferably knowledge in electrical maintenance work and familiar with WSH
2. Preferably have knowledge of SS CP5:1998 Code of Practice for Electrical Installation
3. Have basic knowledge and skills in handling common tools
4. Be able to listen and speak English at a proficiency level equivalent to the Employability Skills System (ESS) level 4;
5. Be able to read and write English at a proficiency level equivalent to ESS level 4; and
6. Be able to process numbers at a proficiency level equivalent to ESS level 4
Minimum Entry Requirements
Oral questioning practical test.
1. Develop PV system designs
- PV fundamentals
- PV systems
- PV systems components
- Earthing Method
- Lightning and PV Systems
- Code of Practice
2. Plan the installation of PV systems
- Hazards related to PV installations and site conditions
- Safety precautions for working with batteries and installing a PV array
- Use warning notices in compliance with Code of Practice
- Installation procedure according to manufacturer's safety instructions
- Shutdown and startup procedures
3. Install and commission PV systems
- Importance of proper handling and storing of PV modules to avoid damage
- Site evaluation for best insolation for PV modules
- Static and dynamic loading of the array to existing structure
- Configuration of array modules to optimize space
- Appropriate fixing methods for modules and rack according to roof types
- Alignment and levelling of secondary structures to minimise stress on modules
- Maintaining the integrity of the roof material (weather seal)
- Methods of installing PV modules, inverter and ancillary equipment
- Wiring of PV system components
- Inspection, testing and commissioning of PV system
- Generating test reports
- Trouble-shooting of system faults
Participants will be awarded the WSQ Statement of Attainment in in Perform Maintenance of Photovoltaic (PV) Systems if they meet 75% attendance rate as well as passing all assessments required by the course.
Course Fee: $1,700.0 (without GST)
Course Fee: $1,700 (without GST)
|Funding Type||Funded Amount||Amount Payable (With GST)|
|Singaporeans and PRs||$510.00||$1,309.00|
|Singapore Citizens 40 years old and above||$750.00||$1,069.00|
|Workfare Training Support (WTS) letter holders / Singapore Citizens 35 years old and above + earning<$1,900||$1,615.00||$204.00|
|Singaporeans and PRs from Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs)||$750.00||$1,069.00|
Participants have to meet minimum 75% attendance and attain competency in the module. If the 75% attendance and/or competency criteria are not met, participants will have to pay the subsidy amount
to Singapore Polytechnic.
Please submit latest payslip and Declaration Form upon successful Enrolment to receive the subsidies.
a) For e-payment using Visa/Master cards, please click on the 'Make ePayment' button on the acknowledgement page to proceed.
b) For NETS payment, please pay at:
Blk T1A, Level 1
Mon-Fri: 8:30am to 7:30pm
c) Cheques should be made payable to Singapore Polytechnic. Please cross the cheque and write the Registration Reference ID, Applicant Name and NRIC/FIN number on the back of the cheque. Mail the cheque to:
ATTN: PACE Academy
500 Dover Road
Blk T1A, Level 1
Withdrawal and Deferment
Withdrawal and deferment notice must be made in writing to the Professional & Adult Continuing Education (PACE) Academy via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. For withdrawal cases, the portion of course fee to be refunded is based on the date of notice as follows:
- 2 weeks before the commencement of the course - Full refund
- Less than 2 weeks before commencement of the course - 70% refund
- On or after date of commencement - No refund
- * Unless otherwise stated in the course webpage
The Singapore Polytechnic reserves the right to cancel or postpone any of the courses. Applicants will be duly notified and where applicable, the full fees will be refunded.
The Singapore Polytechnic also reserves the right to amend the fees charged or the period and duration of the courses.
Date of Course:
TBCRegistration End Date:
Please note that once the maximum class size is reached, the online registration will be closed.
Documents Required for Registration (to be uploaded at point of online registration)
Upon completing online registration, please submit the following:
1. Photocopy (back and front) of NRIC for Singaporeans and PRs, or "Employment"/ "S" Pass for foreign applicants
2. Minimum ESS Level 6
3. Pay slip (for WTS applicants only)
4. Declaration Form (For company-sponsored participants, please make sure Training Grant Application Reference Number is filled in)IMPORTANT:
Applications without ALL of the above required supporting documents will be considered incomplete and rejected. Singapore Polytechnic regrets that we will not be able to inform individual applicants of the incomplete documentation nor disclose the reasons for selection/non-selection of applicants.
PACE 500 Dover Road
Block T1A, Level 1, Room T1A12
Note: PACE Academy course schedules, course trainer, course fees and course availability are subject to change without prior notice.
General Administration PACE
8.30am - 6.00pm (Mon - Thur)
8.30am - 5.30pm (Fri)
8.30am - 8.00pm (Mon - Fri)
The Office is closed on Sat, Sun and Public Holiday.
Terms and Conditions