The School of Mechanical and Aeronautical Engineering is pleased to introduce our SGUS Robotics and Automation Programme. This is a seven months full-time training programme that upskills existing engineers in the area of robotics and automation by deepening their skills and staying relevant as well as reskilling non-mechanical engineering graduates to be equipped with industry-relevant and work-ready skillsets enhancing one’s employability.
Trainees are required to equip with a computer Notebook (installed with minimally windows10 OS) when attending lessons.
To provide relevant technical knowledge and skillsets in the field of robotics and automation to meet the current and future requirements of advanced manufacturing industry. The curriculum covers fundamental mechanical engineering knowledge followed by domain specific modules designed to broaden and deepen the skills and knowledge in the area of robotics and automation.
This practical programme is designed for current manufacturing engineers who would like to enhance and upgrade their skills to stay relevant in the automation, manufacturing and robotics industry. It is also suitable for non-mechanical engineering graduates who want to expand their learning in a new technical domain enhancing job mobility and versatility in the workplace.
Industry and Career Options
With the skills and knowledge gained from this course, you will be able to take on new challenges in many industries such as:
• Precision Engineering
• Biopharmaceuticals Manufacturing
• Food Manufacturing
• Energy and Chemicals
• Air Transport
Minimum Entry Requirements
Applicant must be a Singapore Citizen or Singapore Permanent Resident aged 21 and above, and is able to commit to the full-time training schedule.
In addition, the target trainees for SGUS programmes will exclude the following:
a) Graduated or graduating in Calendar Year (CY) 2019 / 2020 /2021 from ITE, Polytechnics, Universities, and other educational institutions. This includes graduates from private universities as well as overseas institutions; and
b) Graduated from the educational institutions mentioned in (a) and completed or completing their National Service (NS) in CY 2019 / 2020 / 2021 and are entering the labour force.
Individuals who took on post-graduate programmes (both directly after undergraduate programmes and mid-careerists with working experience) in CY2019 / 2020 / 2021 will not be eligible for SGUS.
Applicants must have any of the following qualifications:
1. GCE 'O' Level:
English Language Grade 1 – 7
Mathematics (Elementary or Additional) Grade 1 – 6
Science Grade 1 – 6
2. Nitec or Nitec in Technology in any engineering field.
3. Higher Nitec or Higher Nitec in Technology in any engineering field.
4. Relevant WSQ Diploma qualification in any engineering field.
Recognition of Prior Learning
Applicants who do not meet the entry requirements may be considered for admission to the course based on evidence of at least 2 years of relevant working experience or supporting evidence of competency readiness. Suitable applicants who are shortlisted may have to go through an interview and/or entrance test. The Polytechnic reserves the right to shortlist and admit applicants.
The Programme consists of three (3) certificates to be conducted within 7 months. Classes will be conducted in full-time mode.
1. Certificate in Essential Skills to Enhance Employability
2. Certificate in Sectoral Fundamentals for Mechanical Engineering
3. Certificate in Job Specialisation for Manufacturing Specialist
Please click here for topic synopsis.
*Certificates may not be conducted according to the sequence listed.
Award / Certification / Accreditation
• Upon passing all modules in each Certificate, trainees will be awarded a Certificate
• Upon completion of all the certificates, trainees will be awarded a Certificate of Completion in SGUS programme
Please refer here for the FAQ on SGUS programme.
Full Fees (inclusive of GST): $20,437.00
Subsidised Fees for Singaporeans & Singapore PR (inclusive of GST): $583.33
Trainees must fulfil minimum attendance requirements and pass assessments to qualify for course fee subsidies. Trainees who are unable to meet these requirements may be asked to return the course fee subsidies that they have received.
Withdrawal & Refund Policy:
• The programmes allow trainees to exit without penalty if they are successfully placed into a job or have secured a job on their own accord while undergoing training. However, trainees who exit the programme
without a valid reason may be asked to return the course fee subsidy that they have received.
• Refund of paid course fees will be pro-rated based on certificates that have not commenced
• Trainees who wish to exit from the programme
must write to email@example.com