The Singapore Polytechnic (SP) School of Architecture and Built Environment School (ABE) and School of Mechanical and Aeronautical Engineering (MAE) is pleased to introduce the BIM Management Programme. This is a Programme offered to trainees who are both in Architecture, Engineering & Construction (AEC) industry. This is to facilitate trainees who are keen to further their education in a new knowledge domain as part of the journey in being a life-long learner. This is a full time programme which can be completed within a 7-month period.
BCA has mandated the adoption of Building Information Modelling (BIM) for key projects as BIM is a necessary pre-cursor for the wider adoption of IDD. This programme facilitates the intended wider adoption of IDD.
This programme will equip the Industry with BIM professionals involved when executing Integrated Digital Delivery (IDD].
The market sense is that BIM is part of BCA’s push for digital transformation in the Construction Industry through the Construction Industry ITM.
Trainees are required to equip with a computer Notebook (installed with minimally windows10 OS) when attending lessons.
This Programme aims to provide trainees with general knowledge of Basic & Advanced Modelling Skills, Computational BIM and BIM Management so as to equip trainees with holistic skillsets necessary to apply BIM capabilities. This Programme cover Architecture, Civil and Structural (C&S), and Mechanical, Electrical and Plumbing (MEP) disciplines that are taught in relationship to BIM work processes. There will be lectures and lab hands-on practical sessions for this Programme. This Programme is designed to boost the level of expertise in Singapore BIM landscape and trainees will achieve through institutional-based learning at SP and augmented by working in Projects or doing attachment with companies.
This programme is suitable for Technical Specialist: Draftspersons, Modellers, BIM Modellers, BIM / Virtual Design and Construction (VDC) / Integrated Digital Delivery (IDD) Specialist, working in the AEC Industry.
Industry and Career Options
With the skills and knowledge gained from this programme, trainees will be able to take on new challenges in Built Environment (BE) related to Singapore’s IDD landscape.
Career options include:
• BIM Modellers
• BIM Co-ordinators
• BIM Managers
Minimum Entry Requirements
Applicant must be a Singapore Citizen or Singapore Permanent Resident aged 21 and above, and is able to commit to the full-time training schedule.
In addition, the target trainees for SGUS programmes will exclude the following:
a) Graduated or graduating in Calendar Year (CY) 2019 / 2020 /2021 from ITE, Polytechnics, Universities, and other educational institutions. This includes graduates from private universities as well as overseas institutions; and
b) Graduated from the educational institutions mentioned in (a) and completed or completing their National Service (NS) in CY 2019 / 2020 / 2021 and are entering the labour force.
Individuals who took on post-graduate programmes (both directly after undergraduate programmes and mid-careerists with working experience) in CY2019 / 2020 / 2021 will not be eligible for SGUS.
All applicants must hold at least a Diploma from any of the following:
• Diploma in Architecture (SP)
• Diploma in Civil Engineering with Business (SP)
• Diploma in Electrical Engineering (NP)
• Diploma in Electrical & Electronic Engineering (SP)
• Diploma in Electrical & Electronic Engineering (TP)
• Diploma in Electrical & Electronic Engineering (RP)
• Diploma in Electrical Engineering with Eco-Design (NYP)
• Diploma in Green Building Energy Management (RP)
• Diploma in Integrated Facility Management (TP)
• Diploma in Landscape Architecture (SP)
• Diploma in Landscape Design & Horticulture (NP)
• Diploma in Mechanical Engineering (SP)
• Diploma in Mechanical Engineering (NP)
• Diploma in Sustainable Architectural Design (NYP)
• Diploma in Sustainable Urban Design & Engineering (NP)
Any equivalent diplomas will be assessed on a case-by-case basis
ITE Technical Diploma, ITE Technical Engineering Diploma or ITE Work-Learn Technical Diploma, or any higher qualification in the following disciplines:
• Landscape Architecture
• Civil & Structure (C&S)
• Mechanical, Electrical & Plumbing (MEP)
Recognition of Prior Learning
Applicants who do not meet the entry requirements may be considered for admission to the course based on evidence of at least 5 years of relevant working experience or supporting evidence of competency readiness. Suitable applicants who are shortlisted may have to go through an interview and/or entrance test. The Polytechnic reserves the right to shortlist and admit applicants.
The Programme consists of five (5) certificates to be conducted within 7 months. Classes will be conducted in full-time mode.
1. Certificate in Essential Skills to Enhance Employability
2. Certificate in Sectoral Fundamentals for BIM
3. Certificate in BIM Management (Fundamentals, Deployment & Coordination Strategies)
4. Certificate in BIM Management (Quality Assurance, Quantity Surveying & Construction Coordination)
5. Certificate in BIM for Mechanical Electrical Plumbing (MEP)
Please click here for module synopsis.
*Certificates may not be conducted according to the sequence listed.
Award / Certification / Accreditation
• Upon passing all the modules in each Certificate (Certificate 1-2 and Certificate 5), trainees will be awarded a Certificate
• Upon passing all modules in Certificate 3 and 4, trainees will be awarded with the Post-Diploma Certificates (PDC) respectively. Upon successfully acquiring these 2 PDCs, trainees will be conferred with a SGUS Specialist Diploma in Building Information Modelling (BIM) Management from SP
• Upon completion of all the certificates listed above, trainees will be awarded with Certificate of Completion from SP
Please refer here for the FAQ
on SGUS programme.
Full Fees (inclusive of GST): $16,501.01
Subsidised Fees for Singaporeans & Singapore PR (inclusive of GST): $583.33
Trainees must fulfil minimum attendance requirements and pass assessments to qualify for course fee subsidies. Trainees who are unable to meet these requirements may be asked to return the course fee subsidies that they have received.
Withdrawal & Refund Policy:
• The programmes allow trainees to exit without penalty if they are successfully placed into a job or have secured a job on their own accord while undergoing training. However, trainees who exit the programme
without a valid reason may be asked to return the course fee subsidy that they have received.
• Refund of paid course fees will be pro-rated based on certificates that have not commenced
• Trainees who wish to exit from the programme
must write to email@example.com