25 Jul 2022 to 07 Nov 2022
11 May 2022 to 26 Jun 2022
4 months, 2 to 3 evenings per week (120 hours)
6:30pm to 10:30pm on scheduled days
Mode of Training:
Blended (F2F & Online Synchronous)
Singapore Polytechnic & Online
The course is offered as an industry certification-based* train and place program in collaboration with Huawei’s ICT Academy Singapore. This program will prepare the participants with Information and Communication Technology (ICT) and Computer Engineering skills and competencies in areas such as Computer Networking, Python Programming, Artificial Intelligence, Huawei Cloud Services and Storage solutions.
The objective of the course is to prepare potential candidates in AI and Cloud Computing industries. The participants will learn essential and fundamentals skills in Computer Networking, Python Programming for Internet of Things, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, Cloud Services and Storage Technologies. The participants will be prepared for the job roles offered by Huawei and its solution partners.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Describe the computer networking basis and communication protocols
- Describe equipment like routers and switches, and their configurations
- Apply Python programming environment for Internet of Things applications such as monitoring of sensors and actuators data, uploading of data to IoT cloud platform and sending notification via email
- Describe Artificial Intelligence system, Machine Learning techniques, Neural Network, algorithms and building tools
- Describe what cloud service concepts and values, storage and network management and deployment cloud services and many other Huawei cloud services
- Describe on how storage supports the development and application of new IT frontier technologies (such as AI, Big Data and Cloud Computing)
Please click here for module synopsis and duration
All Singaporeans and Singapore Permanent Residents who are looking for training opportunities to transit to a new sector or job role. Both unemployed and employed individuals can participate in SCTP, as long as they can fulfil training commitments, including
minimum attendance requirements and passing of assessments.
Industry and Career Options:
With the skills and knowledge gained from this programme, participants who have completed the course will be able to take on new challenges in ICT sector with job roles as follows:
• Data Analyst
• Associate Data Engineer
• Data Engineer
• Data Architect
• Cloud Engineer
• Artificial Intelligence
• Machine Learning Engineer
Minimum Entry Requirements:
• Applicants must have at least a Diploma in Information Technology / Computer Science / Engineering, or related field with basic knowledge in cloud computing, computer systems and networking.
• Fresh graduates are welcome.
• Applicants with other qualifications will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Award / Certification / Accreditation
List of Certificates
1. Certificate of Performance in Network Fundamentals
2. Certificate of Performance in Basic Python Programming
3. Certificate of Performance in Artificial Intelligence (AI)
4. Certificate of Performance in Cloud Services
5. Certificate of Performance in Data Storage Solutions
Upon passing the assessment of each certificate, participants will be awarded a Certificate of Performance.
Upon completion of all the certificates, participants will be awarded a Certificate of Completion for the SkillsFuture Career Transition Programme (SCTP).
Please refer here for the FAQ on SCTP.
Full Fees (before GST): $5,500.00
GST payable for all funding-eligible applicants*: $115.50
GST payable for others: $385.00
|Applicants/Eligibility||SkillsFuture Funding||Subsidised Fee Payable (after GST)|
|Singapore Citizens aged 40 and above1||$4,950.00||$665.50|
|Singapore Citizens aged below 40 and Singapore Permanent Residents||$3,850.00||$1,765.50|
|Eligible Applicants for Additional Course Fee Funding Support2||$5,225.00||$390.50|
|Others (Full fees payable)||$0.00||$5,885.00|
Singaporeans aged 25 years and above may use SkillsFuture Credit balance to offset respective course fees.
*As per SSG’s policy, the GST payable is calculated based on 7% after the baseline funding subsidy of 70%
1 Under the SkillsFuture Mid-career Enhanced Subsidy. For more information, visit the SkillsFuture website
2 Under the SkillsFuture Career Transition Programme (SCTP) subsidy, additional course fee funding support of up to 95% of course fees for jobseekers with greater needs. Individuals must be Singapore Citizens and meet one of following eligibility criteria. For more information, visit the SkillsFuture website
• Long-term unemployed individuals (unemployed for six months or more); or
• Individuals in need of financial assistance – ComCare, Short-to-Medium Term Assistance (SMTA) recipients or Workfare Income Supplement (WIS) recipients; or
• Persons with Disabilities
Eligible for SkillsFuture CreditTerms and Conditions*Please note that once the maximum class size is reached, the online registration will be closed. You may register your interest, and would be notified if there is a new run.
1. All applications must be made via Online at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Course fees can be paid via the following payment modes:
a) Credit Cards, Internet Banking, NETS (Not Applicable for company sponsored)
For e-payment using Visa/Master cards and Internet Banking, please click on the ‘Make e-Payment’ button on the acknowledgement page to proceed.
b) For NETS payment, you can pay at:
c) For payment via PayNow, please enter the UEN No. T08GB0056ACET and indicate the invoice/registration number.
d) SkillsFuture Credit (SFC) (Applicable to Singapore Citizens only)
Application via SkillsFuture Portal can only be made starting from 60 days before the course commencement date.
Terms and Conditions