25 Jul 2022 to 21 Nov 2022
11 May 2022 to 26 Jun 2022
4 months, 2 to 3 evenings per week (129 hours)
6:30pm to 10:30pm on scheduled days
Mode of Training:
Blended (F2F & Online Synchronous)
Singapore Polytechnic and Online
The course is offered as an industry certification-based* train and place program in collaboration with Amazon Web Service (AWS) Academy. This program will prepare the participants with Information and Communication Technology (ICT), Data Centre Engineering Operation skills and competencies in areas such as Computer Operating System, Computer Hardware and Server System Management.
The objective of the course is to prepare potential candidates in Data Centre Engineering Operations. The participants will learn essential and fundamentals skills in Computer Operating System, Computer Hardware and Troubleshooting and Server installation and management. The participants will be prepared for the job roles offered by AWS and its solution partners.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Describe how Linux operating system powers the cloud
- Apply knowledge on installation, managing and troubleshooting servers
- Configure and troubleshoot PC, mobile, IoT devices, operating system and hardware
- Describe on data centre operations, physical infrastructure, electrical fundamentals and datacentre batteries and generators.
- Apply knowledge on mechanical and electrical engineering concepts in the Data Centre operations.
Please click here for module synopsis and duration
All Singaporeans and Singapore Permanent Residents who are looking for training opportunities to transit to a new sector or job role. Both unemployed and employed individuals can participate in SCTP, as long as they can fulfil training commitments, including
minimum attendance requirements and passing of assessments.
Industry and Career Options:
With the skills and knowledge gained from this programme, participants who have completed the course will be able to take on new challenges in ICT sector with job roles as follows:
• Engineering Operations Technicians
• Data Centre Technician
Minimum Entry Requirements:
• Applicants must have at least a Diploma in Information Technology / Computer Science / Engineering, or related field with basic knowledge in cloud computing, computer systems and networking.
• Fresh graduates are welcome.
• Applicants with other qualifications will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Award / Certification / Accreditation
List of Certificates
1. Certificate of Performance in CompTIA Infrastructure
2. Certificate of Performance in CompTIA Core
3. Certificate of Performance in Data Centre Engineering Operations
4. Certificate of Performance in Data Centre Technical Operations
Upon passing the assessment of each certificate, participants will be awarded a Certificate of Performance.
Upon completion of all the certificates, participants will be awarded a Certificate of Completion for the SkillsFuture Career Transition Programme (SCTP).
Please refer here for the FAQ on SCTP.
Full Fees (before GST): $4,740.00
GST payable for all funding-eligible applicants*: $99.54
GST payable for others: $331.80
|Applicants/Eligibility||SkillsFuture Funding||Subsidised Fee Payable (after GST)|
|Singapore Citizens aged 40 and above1||$4,266.00||$573.54|
|Singapore Citizens aged below 40 and Singapore Permanent Residents||$3,318.00||$1,521.54|
|Eligible Applicants for Additional Course Fee Funding Support2||$4,503.00||$336.54|
|Others (Full fees payable)||$0.00||$5,071.80|
Singaporeans aged 25 years and above may use SkillsFuture Credit balance to offset respective course fees.
*As per SSG’s policy, the GST payable is calculated based on 7% after the baseline funding subsidy of 70%
1 Under the SkillsFuture Mid-career Enhanced Subsidy. For more information, visit the SkillsFuture website
2 Under the SkillsFuture Career Transition Programme (SCTP) subsidy, additional course fee funding support of up to 95% of course fees for jobseekers with greater needs. Individuals must be Singapore Citizens and meet one of following eligibility criteria. For more information, visit the SkillsFuture website
• Long-term unemployed individuals (unemployed for six months or more); or
• Individuals in need of financial assistance – ComCare, Short-to-Medium Term Assistance (SMTA) recipients or Workfare Income Supplement (WIS) recipients; or
• Persons with Disabilities
Eligible for SkillsFuture CreditTerms and Conditions*Please note that once the maximum class size is reached, the online registration will be closed. You may register your interest, and would be notified if there is a new run.
1. All applications must be made via Online at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Course fees can be paid via the following payment modes:
a) Credit Cards, Internet Banking, NETS (Not Applicable for company sponsored)
For e-payment using Visa/Master cards and Internet Banking, please click on the ‘Make e-Payment’ button on the acknowledgement page to
b) For NETS payment, you can pay at:
c) For payment via PayNow, please enter the UEN No. T08GB0056ACET and indicate the invoice/registration number.
d) SkillsFuture Credit (SFC) (Applicable to Singapore Citizens only)
Application via SkillsFuture Portal can only be made starting from 60 days before the course commencement
Terms and Conditions