In 2019, SP will be celebrating her 59th Graduation Ceremony. We look forward to meeting you and your guests at the Graduation Ceremony in May 2019! The ceremony for Part-time Diploma, Advanced Diploma, Specialist Diploma and Diploma (Conversion) will be held on 3 May 2019 and 6 May 2019.
- Request for course completion Letter for employment or further education purposes before Graduation Ceremony
- Email to email@example.com 3 days after the release of semester results
- Issuance of Diploma, Modular Certificate/Post Diploma Certificate and Transcript
- During official Graduation Ceremony day
- After Graduation Ceremony for those not attending the ceremony, collection at PACE Academy from 09 May to 17 May 2019 during our operating hours.
Operating hours (effect from 1 Apr 2019):
Mon to Fri: 8.30am - 7.00pm
Sat, Sun & Public Holiday closed
RENTAL OF GRADUATION GOWN
APPOINTMENT FOR COLLECTION OF GRADUATION ATTIRE
Graduands may order the graduation attire and make an appointment for the graduation attire collection at https://www.serangoonbroadway.com.
The collection of graduation attire is from 2 April to 30 April 2019.
Please follow the steps below to order the graduation attire and make appointment for the collection:
- Go to Serangoon Broadway homepage
- Click on Login at the top-right of the homepage
- Login using the following details:
Graduands may choose to make an appointment for the academic dress collection immediately after the submission of the academic dress order form OR at any other convenient time by logging in again. Please note that if you have already submitted your academic dress order form online and would like to re-log in to book an appointment or make any changes, please log in using your NRIC/FIN number and mobile number instead of the generic username and password as above.
Graduands may choose to either purchase or rent the graduation attire directly from Serangoon Broadway (from 2 April to 30 April 2019) at any time during their operating hours.
The charges for the sale and rental of graduation attire are as follows:
|Attire only|| $45 ($48.15 inclusive of 7% GST)|
|Attire + garment bag||+$55 ($58.85 inclusive of 7% GST|
RENTAL FEE & REFUNDABLE DEPOSIT
|Attire|| $22 ($23.54 inclusive of 7% GST)|
|Total Charges|| $47 ($48.54 inclusive of 7% GST|
Payment has to be made directly to Serangoon Broadway when you collect the attire. The payment can be made in cash or by NETS.
Graduands who opt to rent the graduation attire are advised to keep their Graduation Attire Rental Receipt carefully as it will be needed when you return the attire.
COLLECTION OF GRADUATION GOWN
Serangoon Broadway has been appointed by SP to supply and manage the rental and sale of graduation attire to graduands. All graduands attending the graduation ceremony are required to go to Serangoon Broadway to try on and collect the attire.
Graduands who are unable to collect the graduation attire personally, may download and complete the Authorisation Form and appoint someone to collect the attire on their behalf.
The authorised person must present the following to collect the graduation attire:
- Duly completed and signed authorisation form
- Graduand's student card or a copy of graduand's student card/NRIC/Passport
- Authorised person's NRIC/Passport
1365 Serangoon Road
Tuesday to Sunday: 10 am to 9 pm
Graduation Hotline: 6293 3998
Alternatively, please email Serangoon Broadway at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Serangoon Broadway staff will be present to advise you on your sizing.
- Payment for the rental or purchase of the graduation attire has to be made upon collection of the attire.
RETURN OF GRADUATION GOWN
Graduands who wish to rent the graduation attire must return the attire directly to Serangoon Broadway by 19 May 2019 (Sunday).
For graduands who are unable to return the graduation attire personally, they may authorise someone to return it on their behalf. Such graduands must download the authorisation form complete it and ask the authorised person to return the attire directly to Serangoon Broadway by 19 May 2019 (Sunday).
When the graduation attire is returned to Serangoon Broadway, you will be required to produce the Graduation Attire Rental Receipt. Your deposit will be fully refunded if the graduation attire is returned in good condition. Your deposit will be forfeited if you do not return the attire by the stipulated deadline, or if the graduation attire is returned damaged.
Important dates to take note if you are attending the Graduation Ceremony.
|1||19 Mar 2019 to 30 Mar 2019||Register Your Attendance|
Please register before the deadline via the url stated in the invitation email sent to your personal email address
|2||20 Mar 2019 to 30 Mar 2019||Request for special seating arrangements for graduands or guests with special needs|
|3||20 Mar 2019 to 30 Mar 2019||Clear outstanding Library Loans, Fines, Course Fees|
|4||2 Apr 2019 to 30 Apr 2019||Rental of Graduation Gown at Serangoon Broadway|
|5||1.5 to 2 weeks before Graduation Ceremony||Receive Graduation Package via mail|
|6||3 May or 6 May 2019||Attend Graduation Ceremony|
|7||7 May to 19 May 2019||Return Graduation Gown|
GRADUATION CEREMONY SESSIONS
Session 6: 3 May 2019 Friday 5.30pm
All graduands must be seated by 4:45pm
|Diploma in Business Practice (Business Management) (DBBM)|
|Specialist Diploma in Civil Engineering (Productivity & Technology) (NSCPT)|
|Specialist Diploma in Cyber Security Management (NSCSM)|
|Specialist Diploma in Cyber Security (NSCYS)|
|Specialist Diploma in Data Science (Artificial Intelligence) (NSDAI)|
|Specialist Diploma in Data Science (Data Analytics) (NSDDA)|
|Specialist Diploma in Digital Marketing & Analytics (NSDMA)|
|Specialist Diploma in Data Science (Predictive Analytics) (NSDPA)|
|Specialist Diploma in Enhanced Human Resource Skills (NSEHR)|
|Specialist Diploma in Mobile Apps Development (NSMAP)|
|Specialist Diploma in Professional Accounting (NSPA)|
|Specialist Diploma in Web Development Technology (NSWDT)|
|Diploma (Conversion) in Digital Media Creation (NVDMC)|
|Diploma (Conversion) in Marketing Management (NVMM)|
|Diploma (Conversion) in Web and Programming (NVWP)|
Session 9: 6 May 2019 Monday 5.00pm
All graduands must be seated by 4:15pm
|Diploma in Applied Science (Industrial Chemistry And Life Sciences) (DACS)|
|Diploma in Engineering (Control & Automation) (DECA)|
|Diploma in Engineering (Mechanical Technology) (DEMT)|
|Diploma in Engineering (Power Engineering) (DEPE)|
|Diploma in Engineering (Rapid Transit Technology) (DERTT)|
|Advanced Diploma in Applied Food Science (NAAFS)|
|Advanced Diploma in Building Automation & Services (NABAS)|
|Advanced Diploma in Chemical Engineering (NACHE)|
|Advanced Diploma in Process Control & Instrumentation (NAPCI)|
|Advanced Diploma in Power Engineering NAPE)|
|Advanced Diploma in Power System Engineering (NAPSE)|
|Advanced Diploma in Specialty Chemicals (NASC)|
|Specialist Diploma in Biomedical Engineering (NSBE)|
|Specialist Diploma in Cosmetic Science (NSCS)|
|Specialist Diploma in Energy Efficiency & Management (NSEEM)|
|Specialist Diploma in Formulation Science & Technology (NSFST)|
|Specialist Diploma in Microbiology (NSMB)|
|Specialist Diploma in Nutrition and Exercise Science (NSNE)|
|Specialist Diploma in Network Security (NSNS)|
|Specialist Diploma in Port Management and Operations (NSPMO)|
|Specialist Diploma in Digital Technologies for a Smart City (NSSCT)|
|Diploma (Conversion) in Computer Networking (NVCN)|
|Diploma (Conversion) in Maritime Business Management (NVMBM)|
|Diploma (Conversion) in Shipping Operations & Management (NVSOM)|
GRADUAND DRESS CODE
GRADUATION ATTIRE FOR GRADUANDS
All graduands attending the graduation ceremony are required to wear the graduation attire, consisting of a simple, one piece robe, without hood, cap or mortar board. Graduands can opt to either purchase or rent the graduation attire.
Graduands are advised to follow the guidelines below in order to look smart on your graduation day.
Male graduands are required to wear dark coloured tie.
|FEMALE GRADUANDS||MALE GRADUANDS|
|White shirt/blouse with long sleeves and high collar.||White shirt with long sleeves, high collar and dark coloured tie. |
|Dark coloured pants/skirt. Skirt should be knee-length or longer.||Dark coloured rousers/pants. Bermudas, shorts, jeans and casual pants are not allowed.|
|Dark coloured court shoes/pumps. Open-toe/strappy/high-heel sandals, slippers, track shoes and sneakers are not allowed.||Dark coloured shoes with socks. Slippers, sandals and track shoes are not allowed.|
|Graduands should have neat hairdo so that the face can be seen clearly during photography.||Graduands should have neat hairdo so that the face can be seen clearly during photography.|
As shown below, a common design and colour scheme will be adopted for all graduands.
WHAT TO EXPECT ON THE DAY OF YOUR CEREMONY
If you are attending the Graduation Ceremony, the following information will be useful. Where applicable, please advise your guests accordingly. Thank you.
THE SP CONVENTION CENTRE (SPCC)
HOW TO GET THERE AND PARKING FACILITIES
- The SPCC is located next to the Dover MRT Station.
- As parking facilities in the SP campus are limited, graduands and guests are strongly advised to come by public transport.
- You may choose to come by:
- MRT- take the MRT and alight at Dover MRT Station (EW10), or
- Bus - take service no. 14, 74, 105, 106, 147, 166 or 185, and alight at the Dover MRT Station bus stop
- Graduands and guests who drive are advised to enter by Gate 8, along Commonwealth Avenue West.
- Note: Parking is chargeable at S$1.20 per hour.
ADMISSION INTO THE SINGAPORE POLYTECHNIC CONVENTION CENTRE (SPCC)
- Admission into the SP Convention Centre is strictly by admission ticket and invitation card only.
- The doors to the SP Convention Centre will be opened 1 hour before the ceremony.
- Graduands who have indicated their intention to attend the graduation ceremony will be sent a Graduation Package about 1.5 to 2 weeks before the Graduation Ceremony. The package will contain an admission ticket (for the graduand) and two invitation cards (for graduand's guests).
- Graduates may invite up to 2 guests to attend their graduation.
- Guests with children under 7 years old will be ushered to the Auditorium to watch the graduation proceedings via live streaming.
- Guests without invitation cards will also be ushered and seated in the Auditorium to watch the graduation via live streaming.
- Graduands and guests who are feeling unwell, or with temperatures of 38 Degree Celsius and above, are advised to stay at home.
ROBING OF GRADUATION ATTIRE
- All graduands attending the ceremony have to wear the SP graduation attire.
- Robing may be done at the level 2 foyer of the SPCC (SP Convention Centre).
- Graduands should put on their graduation gowns before going to their assigned seats inside the SPCC Hall.
- Graduands and guests are requested to be seated 45 mins before the official starting time of the ceremony.
- During this period, a series of specially prepared videos will be screened in the SP Convention Centre.
- The doors to the SP Convention Centre will be closed after the ceremony has officially started.
SEATING ARRANGEMENTS FOR GRADUANDS AND GUESTS
- Graduands and guests will be seated in separate seating blocks.
- Graduands will be assigned seat numbers and must be seated in their allocated seats.
- Guests will not be given any seat numbers and may be seated in the areas as directed by the ushers. Seating will be on a first-come-first-served basis.
- The seating capacity in the SP Convention Centre is limited.
CEREMONY: PROGRAMME & PROCEEDINGS
The proceedings for the ceremony will be as follows:
- Academic Procession
- National Anthem
- Opening of Session by Master of Ceremony
- Graduation Address by Guest-of-Honour
- Presentation of Certificates and Diplomas
- Presentation of Prizes and Awards
- Valedictory Speech by Graduate Speaker
- Closing of Ceremony
PRESENTATION OF DIPLOMA/CERTIFICATES TO GRADUANDS ON STAGE
- When it is your turn to be present on stage, the ushers will prompt you to join the queue.
- Before joining the queue, you must have your admission ticket and NRIC (or 11B or passport) ready in the pocket of your graduation gown/pocket.
- Please follow the ushers' instructions and refrain from talking when queueing.
- When you are on stage, pass your admission ticket to the person-in-charge. Then stand at the line and wait for your name to be announced.
- As your name is announced, walk across the stage smartly and shake hands with the Director. Do not run across the stage.
- As you are presented with your scroll box, your photograph will be taken by official photographers engaged by the SP.
- After receiving your scroll box, walk down from the stage.
- As you leave the stage, a photo-order card printed with an image number will be handled to you. Do not lose this card as you will need the card number to place order for your photographs after the Graduation Ceremony.
COLLECTION OF DIPLOMA/CERTIFICATES, ACADEMIC TRANSCRIPT AND PRIZES (IF ANY)
- After leaving the stage, you will be directed by marshals to the diploma collection area to collect your diploma/ certificate, academic transcript and prizes (if any).
- At the diploma collection area, you will be asked to produce your NRIC (or passport or 11B). Diploma/ certificates, academic transcripts and prizes will not be issued without proof of identity.
- After collecting your diploma/ certificate, academic transcript and prizes, please return to your seats inside the SP Convention Centre.
- Please check that you have been issued with the correct diploma/ certificate, academic transcript and prizes before leaving the diploma collection area.
- If there are any errors, please report it immediately to the staff on duty at the diploma collection centre or call the PACE Office at 6772 1288 after the Graduation Ceremony.
TEA RECEPTION (AFTER THE CEREMONY)
- All graduands and guests will be invited to join a mass tea reception at the Plaza Area after the ceremony.
- Enjoy mingling and catching up with your friends and lecturers at the tea reception!
PHOTOGRAPHY AND GRADUATION PHOTO ORDERS
Professional photographers have been engaged by SP to take photographs of graduands as they are being presented on stage. Orders can be made after the ceremony session. Graduands and guests are therefore requested not to leave their seats during the graduation ceremony to take photographs or videos.
GRADUATION PHOTO ORDERS
- All graduands may place their orders for their graduation photos at the photographer's booth, located in the Atrium @ T12, opposite (SPCC) after the ceremony.
- The instructions for the ordering of the photo will be provided on graduation day.
- Alternatively, you may login to the official photographers' website http://www.spgraduation2019.com to preview and order your photos on-line.
- For enquiries regarding the photo order, please contact GDZ Shoppe at 98196957. Alternatively, you can email GDZ Shoppe at email@example.com.
Address: 101 Rivervale Walk, Unit 04-38, Postal Code 540101