Message to Graduating Class of 2020
Singapore Polytechnic (SP) has been closely monitoring the evolving Covid-19 situation. We have put in place the necessary precautions to ensure the well-being of our students and staff, and will continue to align these measures with the national posture.
This is why in line with the Government’s latest safe distancing measures, SP has made the difficult decision to cancel this year’s graduation ceremonies, originally scheduled to take place in May 2020.
Graduation ceremonies are milestone events, and it is with a heavy heart that we had to make a decision that will understandably disappoint our graduands, their families and lecturers. We recognise the accomplishments of our graduates, and institutions will be making arrangements for diplomas/certificates and transcripts to be delivered to our graduands.
Given the challenging situation we are in, we trust that everyone concerned will understand that we decided this in the best interests of our students, their families and the community.
We congratulate each and every one of you on your accomplishment, and wish you all the best in your future endeavours.
Request for Course Completion Letter for employment or further education purposes.
- Email to firstname.lastname@example.org 3 days after the release of semester results.
Diplomas and Transcripts
- Please verify and update your Singapore mailing address in the Student Portal (https://mycems.sp.edu.sg/) by 22 April 2020. Your Diploma package (Diploma, transcript and certificates) will be delivered to you via courier service. The courier delivery will be done in batches from 29 June onwards and the courier service will attempt to contact you at your mobile number for the delivery.
If you have any questions, you can email to email@example.com.
Important dates to take note if you are attending the Graduation Ceremony.
|1||24 Mar 2020 to 31 Mar 2020||Register Your Attendance|
Please register before the deadline via the url stated in the invitation email sent to your personal email address
|2||24 Mar 2020 to 31 Mar 2020||Request for special seating arrangements for graduands or guests with special needs|
|3||24 Mar 2020 to 20 Apr 2020|
Settle outstanding Library Loans, Fines & Course Fees.
- Please settle all outstanding fees at the One Stop Centre (T16, Level 1).
- Failure to do so will result in a delay in the collection of your academic transcripts and diploma certificate.
|4||From 7 April 2020||Rental and collection of Graduation Gown (Please note the rental period will be revised at a later date)|
|5||4 - 6 May, 8 May & 11 - 12 May 2020||Attend Graduation Ceremony|
|6||By 31 May 2020||Return Graduation Gown|
GRADUATION CEREMONY SESSIONS
Graduation Ceremony 2020 has been cancelled.
GRADUATION ATTIRE FOR GRADUANDS
All graduands attending the graduation ceremony are required to wear the graduation attire, consisting of a simple, one piece robe, without hood, cap or mortar board. Graduands can opt to either purchase or rent the graduation attire.
Graduands are advised to follow the guidelines below in order to look smart on your graduation day.
Male graduands are required to wear dark coloured tie.
|FEMALE GRADUANDS||MALE GRADUANDS|
|White shirt/blouse with long sleeves and high collar.||White shirt with long sleeves, high collar and dark coloured tie. |
|Dark coloured pants/skirt. Skirt should be knee-length or longer.||Dark coloured rousers/pants. Bermudas, shorts, jeans and casual pants are not allowed.|
|Dark coloured court shoes/pumps. Open-toe/strappy/high-heel sandals, slippers, track shoes and sneakers are not allowed.||Dark coloured shoes with socks. Slippers, sandals and track shoes are not allowed.|
|Graduands should have neat hairdo so that the face can be seen clearly during photography.||Graduands should have neat hairdo so that the face can be seen clearly during photography.|
As shown below, a common design and colour scheme will be adopted for all graduands.
The graduation attire will be available in a range of sizes: XS, S, M, L, XL and XXL.
RENTAL OF GRADUATION GOWN
APPOINTMENT FOR COLLECTION OF GRADUATION ATTIRE
Graduands will have to order the graduation attire and make an appointment for the graduation attire collection at https://www.serangoonbroadway.com.
The collection of graduation attire is from 7 April to 30 April 2020. Do note that Serangoon Broadway will be closed on Mondays and Public Holidays. (Please note the rental period will be revised at a later date)
Please follow the steps below to order the graduation attire and make appointment for the collection:
- Go to Serangoon Broadway homepage
- Click on Login at the top-right of the homepage
- Login using the following details:
Graduands may choose to make an appointment for the academic dress collection immediately after the submission of the academic dress order form OR at any other convenient time by logging in again. Please note that if you have already submitted your academic dress order form online and would like to re-log in to book an appointment or make any changes, please log in using your NRIC/FIN number and mobile number instead of the generic username and password as above.
Graduands may choose to either purchase or rent the graduation attire directly from Serangoon Broadway (from 7 April to 30 April 2020) at any time during their operating hours.(Please note the rental period will be revised at a later date)
The charges for the sale and rental of graduation attire are as follows:
|Attire only|| $45 ($48.15 inclusive of 7% GST)|
|Attire + garment bag|| $55 ($58.85 inclusive of 7% GST)|
RENTAL FEE & REFUNDABLE DEPOSIT
|Attire|| $22 ($23.54 inclusive of 7% GST)|
|Total Charges|| $47 ($48.54 inclusive of 7% GST|
Payment has to be made directly to Serangoon Broadway when you collect the attire. The payment can be made in cash or by NETS.
Graduands who opt to rent the graduation attire are advised to keep their Graduation Attire Rental Receipt carefully as it will be needed when you return the attire.
COLLECTION OF GRADUATION GOWN
Serangoon Broadway has been appointed by SP to supply and manage the rental and sale of graduation attire to graduands. All graduands attending the graduation ceremony are required to go to Serangoon Broadway to try on and collect the attire. (Please note the rental period will be revised at a later date)
Graduands who are unable to collect the graduation attire personally, may download and complete the Authorisation Form and appoint someone to collect the attire on their behalf.
The authorised person must present the following to collect the graduation attire:
- Duly completed and signed authorisation form
- Graduand's student card or a copy of graduand's student card/NRIC/Passport
- Authorised person's NRIC/Passport
1365 Serangoon Road
Tuesday to Sunday: 10 am to 8 pm (Closed on 1 May 2020)
Graduation Hotline: 6293 3998
Alternatively, please email Serangoon Broadway at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Serangoon Broadway staff will be present to advise you on your sizing.
- Payment for the rental or purchase of the graduation attire has to be made upon collection of the attire.
RETURN OF GRADUATION GOWN
Graduands who wish to rent the graduation attire must return the attire directly to Serangoon Broadway by 31 May 2020 (Sunday).
For graduands who are unable to return the graduation attire personally, they may authorise someone to return it on their behalf. Such graduands must download the authorisation form, complete it and ask the authorised person to return the attire directly to Serangoon Broadway by 31 May 2020 (Sunday).
When the graduation attire is returned to Serangoon Broadway, you will be required to produce the Graduation Attire Rental Receipt. Your deposit will be fully refunded if the graduation attire is returned in good condition. Your deposit will be forfeited if you do not return the attire by the stipulated deadline, or if the graduation attire is returned damaged.
WHAT TO EXPECT ON THE DAY OF YOUR GRADUATION CEREMONY
If you are attending the Graduation Ceremony, the following information will be useful. Where applicable, please advise your guests accordingly. Thank you.
THE SP CONVENTION CENTRE (SPCC)
HOW TO GET THERE AND PARKING FACILITIES
- The SPCC is located next to the Dover MRT Station.
- As parking facilities in the SP campus are limited, graduands and guests are strongly advised to come by public transport.
- You may choose to come by:
- MRT- take the MRT and alight at Dover MRT Station (EW10), or
- Bus - take service no. 14, 74, 105, 106, 147, 166 or 185, and alight at the Dover MRT Station bus stop
- Graduands and guests who drive are advised to enter by Gate 8, along Commonwealth Avenue West.
- Note: Parking is chargeable at S$1.20 per hour.
ADMISSION INTO THE SINGAPORE POLYTECHNIC CONVENTION CENTRE (SPCC)
- Admission into the SP Convention Centre is strictly by admission ticket and invitation card only.
- Graduands and guests who are feeling unwell, or with temperatures of 38oC and above, are advised to stay at home.
- The doors to the SPCC will be opened from 8.30 am, 12.30 pm and 4.00 pm for the morning, afternoon and evening sessions respectively.
- Graduands who have indicated their intention to attend the graduation ceremony will be sent a Graduation Package about 1.5 to 2 weeks before the Graduation Ceremony. The package will contain an admission ticket (for the graduand) and two invitation cards (for graduand's guests).
- Graduates may invite up to 2 guests to attend their graduation.
- Seating in the SPCC Hall is on a first-come-first-serve basis. In the event that all seats in the SPCC hall are filled, guests will be ushered to the Auditorium (located within walking distance to the SPCC) to watch the graduation via live streaming.
- Guests with children under 7 years old will be ushered to the Auditorium to watch the graduation proceedings via live streaming.
- Guests without invitation cards will also be ushered and seated in the Auditorium to watch the graduation via live streaming. If there are seats available in the SPCC, these guests may be ushered across to the SPCC.
ROBING OF GRADUATION ATTIRE
- All graduands attending the ceremony have to wear the SP graduation attire.
- Robing may be done at the level 2 foyer of the SPCC (SP Convention Centre).
- Graduands should put on their graduation gowns before going to their assigned seats inside the SPCC Hall.
- Graduands and guests are requested to be seated 45 mins before the official starting time of the ceremony.
- During this period, a series of specially prepared videos will be screened in the SP Convention Centre.
- The doors to the SP Convention Centre will be closed after the ceremony has officially started.
SEATING ARRANGEMENTS FOR GRADUANDS AND GUESTS
- Graduands and guests will be seated in separate seating blocks.
- Graduands will be assigned seat numbers and must be seated in their allocated seats.
- Guests will not be given any seat numbers and may be seated in the areas as directed by the ushers. Seating will be on a first-come-first-served basis.
- The seating capacity in the SP Convention Centre is limited.
- Depending on seat availability in the SPCC, guests may be ushered and seated in the Auditorium which has live streaming.
- Guests with children below 7 years old will be ushered to be seated in the Auditorium, which is located within walking distance to the SPCC, to watch the live streaming.
CEREMONY: PROGRAMME & PROCEEDINGS
The proceedings for the ceremony will be as follows:
- Academic Procession
- National Anthem
- Opening of Session by Master of Ceremony
- Graduation Address by Guest-of-Honour
- Presentation of Certificates and Diplomas
- Presentation of Prizes and Awards
- Valedictory Speech by Graduate Speaker
- Closing of Ceremony
PRESENTATION OF DIPLOMA/CERTIFICATES TO GRADUANDS ON STAGE
- When it is your turn to be present on stage, the marshal will prompt you to join the queue.
- Before joining the queue, you must have your admission ticket and NRIC/11B/passport ready in the pocket of your graduation gown/pocket.
- Please follow the marshals' instructions and refrain from talking when queueing.
- When you step on stage, hand your bar-coded admission ticket to the person in charge of scanning. Then stand at the line and wait for your name to be announced.
- As your name is announced and projected on the screen, walk across the stage smartly and shake hands with the Director.
- As you are presented with your scroll box, your photograph will be taken by official photographers engaged by the Singapore Polytechnic.
- After receiving your scroll box, walk smartly down from the stage.
- As you leave the stage, a login ID and password will be handled to you. Do not lose this card as you will need the information to place order for your photographs after the Graduation Ceremony.
COLLECTION OF DIPLOMA/CERTIFICATES, ACADEMIC TRANSCRIPT AND PRIZES (IF ANY)
- After leaving the stage, you will be directed by marshals to the diploma collection area to collect your diploma/ certificate and academic transcript.
- At the diploma collection area, you will be asked to produce your NRIC/11B/Passport. Diploma certificates and academic transcripts will not be issued without proof of identity.
- After collecting your diploma certificate and academic transcript, please return to your seat inside the SP Convention Centre.
- Please check that you have been issued with the correct diploma certificate and academic transcript before leaving the diploma collection area.
- If there are any errors, please report it immediately to the staff on duty at the diploma collection centre or call the PACE Office at 6772 1288 after the Graduation Ceremony.
TEA RECEPTION (AFTER THE CEREMONY)
- All graduands and guests will be invited to join a mass tea reception at the Plaza Area after the ceremony.
- Enjoy mingling and catching up with your friends and lecturers at the tea reception!