DIPLOMA IN ACCOUNTANCY (DAC - S75)
SP Accountancy graduates have excellent job prospects and many graduates receive several job offers upon graduation. The combination of technical accounting skills with hands-on practical training ensure that our SP Accountancy graduates are work-ready, and able to value add to their organisations.
You can look forward to rewarding and challenging careers in the following areas:
Accountancy, Auditing, Banking, Finance, Taxation etc.
Pathway upon graduation
Click here for Pathways upon graduation.
You can choose to further your studies at reputable local and foreign universities, which grant modular to full year exemptions to our graduates. Besides an accountancy degree, our graduates may also pursue a degree in Economics, Business Administration, Psychology and Information Systems. Many of our graduates are admitted to the local universities (NUS, NTU, SMU, SIT and SUSS) and credit their success to the strong foundations built in our Diploma in Accountancy course.
Visit the Diploma Accreditations page to locate the degree programmes in various countries that recognise SP qualifications for admission related purposes.
Opportunities for professional studies
Graduates who wish to further their studies are granted generous exemptions from various professional bodies such as the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW), the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) and the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA).
• The Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW)
SP is offering new pathways for students to get their Chartered Accountant qualifications which is mutually recognised by ISCA and ICAEW.
- PCA (Professional Chartered Accountancy) Course – This is a tuition programme to help students and graduates clear ICAEW professional level exams: With the generous exemptions given by ICAEW, students would only need to clear the remaining ICAEW professional level exams and get opportunities to work in Deloitte and PwC Singapore with financial support available (subject to terms and conditions being satisfied). Due to the mutual recognition agreement between Institute of Singapore Chartered Accountants (ISCA) and ICAEW, this is likely to be the most accelerated pathway to get the Chartered Accountant qualification. Click here for more information.
- Certificate in Finance, Accounting and Business (CFAB) qualification: Whilst still in school, students in Year 2 can take an online test and upon passing, receive this internationally recognised certificate (SP is an ICAEW test centre).
• The Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA)
The ACCA Accelerated Pathway Programme (AAPP) allows our students to embark on the ACCA professional accounting qualification whilst still in school.
• The Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA)
SP Accountancy students can pursue the SP-CIMA Double Diploma Programme whilst in school. Our Accountancy graduates are granted the most exemptions by CIMA in their professional examinations among the various Polytechnics.
• Specialist Diploma in Professional Accounting
Specialist Diploma in Professional Accounting - Graduates may wish to pursue the part-time Specialist Diploma in Professional Accounting offered by SP to deepen their knowledge and prepares them for higher appointments in professional accounting. The Specialist Diploma also equips you with the relevant technical knowledge to seek external certifications with the professional bodies and work towards becoming a Chartered Accountant.
• Specialist Diploma in Management Accounting & Analytics
Specialist Diploma in Management Accounting & Analytics – This part-time Specialist Diploma offered by SP seeks to equip accounting professionals with up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology and analytics, as well as deepening their knowledge in management accounting and finance, for business finance roles and functions. Upon completion of the Specialist Diploma, students will be able to continue to pursue their full Chartered Global Management Accountant (CGMA) qualification from CIMA.
• SAC-NP Advanced Diploma in Accountancy
Graduates may pursue the Advanced Diploma in Accountancy offered under the SkillsFuture Earn and Learn Programme (ELP) to progress to the Singapore CA Programme to attain the Chartered Accountant of Singapore designation.
Many graduates choose to study part-time and to gain working experience in the field concurrently. The international accounting firms offer sponsorship programme for our graduates to pursue their professional accounting qualifications while working.
"Looking back I am thankful for SP Accountancy's commitment to prepare me for my continuing education and the workforce. I obtained extensive knowledge of the accounting field and learnt how to apply concepts in a practical way through the course materials, projects and industrial training programme. The SP Accountancy course is well designed, comprehensive and informative and I really enjoyed my years of study in SP. SP lecturers are extremely committed, knowledgeable and willing to go extra miles for their students. They know the needs of the students and motivate them to maximise their learnings. I give a great deal of credit for any success I have in my professional career to the education I received from SP."
Ms. Taky Young
J. S. K. Young & Co.
Class of 2000