This tech cluster consists of the following two tech centres:
- “Aerospace” Tech Centre @ AeroHub AE410
- “Sustainable Energy” Tech Centre @ T12704
About the Centre
These two centres are part of the core Technology Centres under the School of Electrical and Electronic Engineering. They are project development centres with technical support from the academic staff who are actively involved in technology projects. They also provide students with facilities to work on a variety of projects. They support the diploma courses in our School of Electrical & Electronic Engineering. In addition, they also provide customised courses to retrain and upgrade manpower for aerospace and power industries.
The Aerospace Tech Centre was established in 2003. It supports the Diploma in Aerospace Electronics and provides staff and students with facilities to carry out wide spectrum of aerospace technology projects.
The Sustainable Energy Tech Centre aspires to be the centre of excellence in the learning and development of sustainable energy technology, smart energy systems and green transportation systems. The main R&D areas of the centre are in renewable energy applications, energy efficiency, microgrids and smart grids.
The two centres seek collaborations with industry and academic/research institutes for training and development of technology solutions in the various areas such as flight simulators, aircraft electronic and electrical systems, UAVs; green transportations, renewable energy applications, energy efficiency, microgrids and smart grid etc.
Capabilities and Technical Services
The centres specialise in R&D and applied projects in the following technology areas:
- Design and building of flight simulator prototypes and semi-autonomous/autonomous flying machines (UAVs)
- UAV aerial imaging and 3D model reconstruction
- Consultancies in power and energy systems and green transportation
- Project development in emerging technologies in the areas of solar photovoltaic, wind energy, microgrids and smart grids, electrical power systems and green transportation systems etc
Backed by the vast experience of the members, the centres have been providing technical consultation, training, seminars and project collaboration to the local government, education institutions, businesses and industry.
The centres promote a wide array of applied R&D projects undertaken by students and staff. Some of the achievements and past projects are shown below:
- DSO National Laboratories
- ST Aerospace (TTC)
- Economic Development Board (EDB)
- Energy Market Authority (EMA)
- National Environment Agency (NEA)
- National University of Singapore(NUS)
- Nanyang Technology of University(NTU)
- University of New South Wales, Australia
- SP PowerGrid Ltd
- ST Kinetics Ltd
- ABB Singapore Pte Ltd
- Sanyo Asia Pte Ltd
- Grenzone Pte Ltd
Courses and Seminars
The centre conducts courses and seminars in the following areas:
- Advanced Elective Module in Aerospace Electronics
- Electrical supply, Transmission and Distribution – MFA Asian training course
- Solar Photovoltaics – NEA training programme
- Wind energy system – NEA training programme
- Design of Photovoltaic System – WSQ training course
- Maintenance of photovoltaic system – WSQ training course
||Dr. Jiang Hao
Senior Lecturer, School of Electrical and Electronic Engineering
Phone: 6870 4846
Fax: 6772 1974
||Dr Tan Hwee Siang
Technology Leader (Aerospace Electronics), School of Electrical and Electronic Engineering
Phone: : 6772 1435
Fax: 6772 1974
Back to the top.