What are the short courses I must do to revalidate my COC ticket?
SMA only conducts short courses, we do not take the responsibility of determining what short course/s you must attend to revalidate your certificates. Assistance in this area would come from your own Marine Department of your home country. If you are prepared to sail to another flag state, please confirm with the relevant flag state administration on these matters.
What are the courses that a fresh AB crew must do before joining ship?
You must attend the Basic Safety Training Course. This course consists of four modules. They are:
- Elementary First Aid
- Fire Prevention and Fire Fighting
- Personal Safety and Social Responsibility
- Personal Safety Technique
When can I be eligible for the Advanced Fire Fighting (AFF) Bridging Course?
You are eligible for the AFF Bridging Course if you fulfill either one of the following conditions:
- You have completed the Basic Fire Fighting Course at the former National Maritime Academy (NMA) or PSA
- You are holder of a Singapore Certificate of Competency (CoC) or Certificate of Service (CoS)
When can I be eligible for the PSCRB Bridging?
- If you hold PSC or Lifeboat Cert issued by MPA of Singapore, you can convert your certificate to PSCRB directly at MPA Shipping Division.
- If you hold PSC or Lifeboat Cert issued by a foreign administration (white list), you will need to undergo the PSCRB "Bridging" course and pass the examination conducted by SMA for issuance of a full PSCRB Cert by MPA.
- If you hold a Singapore CoC and have more than 12 months of sea service, you may take the PSCRB examination without attending the course. A full PRSCRB Cert will be issued by MPA on passing the exam.