The Diploma in Mechanical Engineering is the first such course in Singapore with a history of more than 50 years, and has produced more than 20,000 graduates, who are widely recognised by industry leaders and prestigious local and foreign universities.
The course provides broad-based and diverse engineering training in in areas such as materials science, solid and fluid mechanics, thermodynamics, instrumentation and control, product and system design and manufacturing. You will be trained for a variety of engineering roles, in industries ranging from automotive, aerospace, energy, marine and offshore, bioengineering, semiconductor and electronics.
- Mechanical Engineering is the core of most engineering courses. You will get to apply your knowledge and skills to almost every other engineering discipline easily.
- Choose from one of the following six specialisations to pursue your interests during your final year: Aerospace Technology; Energy Systems; Facilities Management; Machine Design; Precision Engineering and Product Realisation.
- Overseas industrial attachment programmes with prestigious organisations and institutions in Changchun,China or Taiwan.
- You will gain advanced standing in mechanical engineering degrees at local universities and overseas universities in the UK or Australia.
- You may be eligible for the Diploma Plus in Aviation Management, Business or Design Thinking certificate. These additional certificates will equip you with management, business or design skills and gives you an edge in your future career or education prospects.