Would you like to learn how to formulate products that will give you age-defying looks? Learn the secrets of fragrance creation? Create brands that celebrities will endorse? Then join the lucrative and recession resistant fragrance and cosmetics industries that even some dermatologists cannot resist. Begin your journey at SP with the Diploma in Perfumery & Cosmetic Science (DPCS).
The Diploma in Perfumery & Cosmetic Science is the only local diploma programme that provides training in chemistry with applications in perfumery and cosmetic science. You will have an integrated learning experience where you will build a strong chemistry foundation and apply your knowledge in specific applications using your senses. Your training with us will distinguish you from other local diplomas as SP is the only institute of higher learning that offers such training locally. The training you receive will be highly sought after not just locally but internationally.
- Specialisation in Chemistry, Perfumery and Cosmetic Science
- Get trained in our state-of-the-art Perfumery & Cosmetic Science Centre
- Collaborations with industry partners to commercialise the only local student formulations: the Romance Singapore series of perfumes as well as various types of room scents
- Real and exciting experiences in making perfumes and cosmetic products, producing fragrance raw materials through organic synthesis and distilling essential oils from plant extracts
- Internship with perfumers, chemists, product formulators or dermatologists at chemical or cosmetic companies or fragrance and flavour houses
- Be awarded with a training certificate in ‘Analytical Instrumentation and Laboratory Technique’ accredited by the Royal Society of Chemistry (RSC), UK
Perfumery & Cosmetic Science Centre
The centre embodies the 3C’s pedagogy of the course, namely Conceptualisation, Crystallisation and Communication which represent the themes for the three respective distinct laboratories. The state-of-the-art facility empowers creativity and collaboration among students in developing product innovation and marketing strategy.