As Singapore becomes an innovation-driven economy, new skills and competencies will be in demand. To help working adults upgrade themselves with updated industry-relevant Human Resource skills and knowledge for future career advancement, SP offers the Specialist Diploma in Enhanced Human Resource Skills. This is in line with SkillsFuture to offer Skills-Based Modular Courses.
The Ministry of Manpower (MOM)’s policies focus on supporting industry transformation to be manpower-lean and productive, building a strong Singaporean core and strengthening the global competitiveness of Singapore workforce. Our Specialised Diploma course is designed to supports MOM’s direction in maximising people’s potential, enhancing human capital development and raising the overall standards of the HR profession in Singapore.
The course is designed to:
- Provide students with the knowledge of some of the leading HR technologies and tools to improve HR efficiency and effectiveness across the various HR functions.
- Provide students with a working knowledge on design thinking tools to be more user-centric in dealing with HR challenges around systems, processes, procedures and policies.
- Equip students with the skills to utilize HR analytics tools and techniques to assess and solve HR and business challenges, such as talent acquisition, workforce development and productivity, and employee engagement.
- Equip students with positive psychology knowledge and skills to engage others, maximise employees’ potential through coaching, and manage work relationships and performance in an organisation.
This course is suitable for working adults in any industry who wish to acquire or deepen their HR knowledge and skills in HR technologies, innovation and coaching.
Minimum Entry Requirements
Applicants need to have a minimum diploma qualification in any related area of human resources from recognised institutions. Applicants from other disciplines must have at least 1 year of working experience in the area of human resources.
Recognition of Prior Learning
Applicants who do not meet the entry requirements may apply for admission to the course by producing evidence of at least 5 years relevant working experience or supporting information to ascertain their competency readiness. Eligible applicants who are shortlisted may have to go through an interview and/or entrance test.
The Polytechnic reserves the right to shortlist eligible applicants and admit applicants who perform well in the interview and/or entrance test.
The course is a one-year part-time programme. It consists of 2 Post Diploma Certificates (PDC) conducted over 2 semesters, 1 PDC per semester. The first PDC to start with is PDC1. The classes are conducted in the evening.
PDC 1 Certificate in Future Skills in HR
Module 1 - Applied HR Technologies
Module 2 - HR Innovation through Design Thinking
Module 3 - Applied HR Analytics
PDC2 Certificate in Positive Psychology
Module 1 - Introduction to Positive Psychology
Module 2 - Positive Organisations & Work
Module 3 - Coaching Psychology for Managers
Please click for Module Synopsis
Award / Certification / Accreditation
Upon completion of two Certificates within a two-year validity period, the participant will be conferred a Specialist Diploma qualification from Singapore Polytechnic.
|Specialist Diploma in Enhanced Human Resource Skills
|Post Diploma Certificates (PDC)
||Singapore Citizens Below the age of 40
Aged 40 and above
||Enhanced Training Support for SME scheme
||Workfare Training Support scheme
||Others / Repeat Students
|Certificate in Future Skills in HR
|Certificate in Positive Psychology
|Total Course Fees:
Other Fees Payable:
||Per semester (after GST)
||Singapore PR and others
|Statutory Licence Fee (CLASS)
|Insurance Fee (GPA)
- The fees shown (inclusive of 7% GST) are indicative as they are based on prevailing funding policies and subject to review.
- Post Diploma Module Certificate fee is payable on a semester basis.
- Post Diploma course participants who submit the withdrawal notification 2 weeks before course commencement, an administrative fee of $50 (before GST) would be levied.
Terms and Conditions
Back to top