What is this course about?
This course will develop and extend your knowledge of the contractual terms in details and how to apply them in a practical manner. You will learn how to use the terms to your advantage. You will also understand the rights and obligations of the buyer and seller. This course will show you how usage of contractual terms can be a powerful tool in your international business dealing.
Shipping personnel, sales & marketing staff, freight forwarder, banker, trader, importer/exporter, businessman, purchaser, and those keen in upgrading their knowledge in international trade.
Assumed Skills and Knowledge
There are no minimum requirements for this course.
NTUC union members enjoy 50% (unfunded) course fee support for up to $250 each year when you enrol for courses supported under UTAP (Union Training Assistance Programme). Conditions apply.
For more information, please call NTUC Membership hotline at 6213 8008 or email UTAP@e2i.com.sg Website: http://skillsupgrade.ntuc.org.sg
SkillsFuture Credit (SFC)
With effect from January 2016, Singaporeans aged 25 years and above who received their SkillsFuture Credit account activation letter will be eligible for an initial credit of $500 which can be used to pay for course fees for a range of eligible skills-related courses. The credits can be used on top of existing course fee subsidies/funding.
This is only applicable for self-sponsored applicants. Application via SkillsFuture Portal can only be made starting from 60 days before the course commencement date.
Skillsfuture (SF) Series
Singaporeans and Singapore PRs are eligible for 70% course fee funding for registration with effect from 28 October 2017.
Singaporeans aged 40 and above will enjoy 90% subsidy of course fee.
This funding is applicable to both individual and company-sponsored participants. Participants are required to achieve at least 75% attendance and/or sit and pass any prescribed examinations/assessments or submit any course/project work (if any) under the course requirement.
- Basic Law of Contract * What is a valid contract? * Conditions for offer and acceptance * Vitiating elements in a contract * What constitute a breach of contract?
- Incoterms 2010 * Meaning of EXW, FCA, FOB, CFR, CIF, etc * Understanding the obligations of buyer and seller * Incorporation of the trade terms into contract
- Shipping Documents * Understanding B/L and AWB and its implications * Operation of invoice and packing list * Certificate of origin and inspection
- Payment Conditions * Open account and advance payment *Applications of DA and DP * Step-by-Step operation of L/C *Irrevocable L/C
- Understanding UN-CISG * Scope of application * How a contract is formed? * Rules concerning the Sales of goods * Remedies of buyer and seller
- ICC contract model * Specific and general condition of the contract * Meaning of title and limitations of liability * How disputes are settled in international trade * How to apply the Force majeure clause
Mode of Assessment
There is no assessment for this course.
A Certificate of Attendance will be issued to participants whose attendance is not less than 75%.
1. All applications must be made via Online Registration at www.pace.sp.edu.sg
Course fees can be paid by the following payment modes:
Credit Cards, Internet Banking, NETS (Not Applicable for company sponsored)
a) For e-payment using Visa/Master cards and Internet Banking, please click on the ‘Make e-Payment’ button on the acknowledgement page to proceed.
b) For NETS payment, you can pay at:
Blk T1A, Level 1
Mon-Fri: 8:30am to 7:30pm
c) Please make cheques payable to “Singapore Polytechnic”. Please cross the cheque and write the Registration Reference ID, Applicant Name and NRIC/FIN number on the back of the cheque. Mail the cheque to:
500 Dover Road
Blk T1A, Level 1
Please note that an administrative charge of $15 will be imposed for any returned cheques from the bank or financial institution.
2. All successful applicants will be notified with a letter of confirmation via email.
3. Withdrawal and Deferment
Withdrawal and deferment notice must be made in writing to the Professional & Adult Continuing Education (PACE) Academy, Singapore Polytechnic via email accordingly:
Online Courses - firstname.lastname@example.org
All other Courses – email@example.com
For withdrawal cases, the portion of course fee to be refunded is based on the date of notice as follows:
- 2 weeks before the commencement of the course - Full refund
- Less than 2 weeks before commencement of the course - 70% refund
- On or after date of commencement - No refund
- There will be no refund or transfer of course once the account has been created.
The Singapore Polytechnic reserves the right to cancel or postpone any of the courses. Applicants will be duly notified and where applicable, the full fees will be refunded.
The Singapore Polytechnic also reserves the right to amend the fees charged or the period and duration of the courses.
The data provided to Singapore Polytechnic will be kept strictly confidential and will be used for the purpose of course administration. The data may be passed on to the relevant organisations that require the information related to the course.