This module prepares students to secure employment in a merchant vessel for the carriage of goods at sea.
- An insight into the shipping freight market and the various types of vessels involved in the carriage of goods at sea.
- Acquire the knowledge of the International Commercial Terms (Incoterms), the Bill of Lading and methods used for payment of goods in an international sale.
- Understand the common clauses and concepts of the chartering process and ship employment methods.
- Understand the standard voyage and time charter parties and their main clauses.
- Apply the knowledge in the contract of a freightment, ship employment method for the carriage of large quantities of bulk commodities.
- Acquire knowledge in laytime and its calculation.
For additional reading on Chartering, you may want to order this book `Shipbroking and Chartering Handbook' from Motion Smith. You may email Joel at email@example.com or contact him at 98500897 (Book price is $56+gst and $10 delivery fee (optional))
Anyone who wants to learn useful skills related to chartering
Minimum Entry Requirements
No minimum entry requirements.
Account access validity period
3 month from the date of registration
1. All applications must be made via Online Registration at www.pace.sp.edu.sg
Course fees can be paid by the following payment modes:
Credit Cards, Internet Banking, NETS (Not Applicable for company sponsored)
a) For e-payment using Visa/Master cards and Internet Banking, please click on the ‘Make e-Payment’ button on the acknowledgement page to proceed.
b) For NETS payment, you can pay at:
Blk T1A, Level 1
Mon-Fri: 8:30am to 7:30pm
c) Please make cheques payable to “Singapore Polytechnic”. Please cross the cheque and write the Registration Reference ID, Applicant Name and NRIC/FIN number on the back of the cheque. Mail the cheque to:
500 Dover Road
Blk T1A, Level 1
Please note that an administrative charge of $15 will be imposed for any returned cheques from the bank or financial institution.
2. All successful applicants will be notified with a letter of confirmation via email.
3. Withdrawal and Deferment
Withdrawal and deferment notice must be made in writing to the Professional & Adult Continuing Education (PACE) Academy, Singapore Polytechnic via email accordingly:
Online Courses - firstname.lastname@example.org
All other Courses – email@example.com
For withdrawal cases, the portion of course fee to be refunded is based on the date of notice as follows:
- 2 weeks before the commencement of the course - Full refund
- Less than 2 weeks before commencement of the course - 70% refund
- On or after date of commencement - No refund
There will be no refund or transfer of course once the account has been created.
The Singapore Polytechnic reserves the right to cancel or postpone any of the courses. Applicants will be duly notified and where applicable, the full fees will be refunded.
The Singapore Polytechnic also reserves the right to amend the fees charged or the period and duration of the courses.
The data provided to Singapore Polytechnic will be kept strictly confidential and will be used for the purpose of course administration. The data may be passed on to the relevant organisations that require the information related to the course.