Upon completion of this module on Occupational Safety and Health you should be able to:
- Recognize the common occupational, safety and health hazard and risks
- Explain how to prevent accidents and injuries in your workplace
- Identify the measures that can be taken to remove hazards to make your workplace safer
- Apply steps and precautions to avoid accidents in the workplace
The course can be accessible online at http://epace.sp.edu.sg/ and comprises of 6 chapters:
- Industrial accidents
- Aspects of Safety
- Types of Hazards
- Housekeeping practices
- Risk assessment
- Reporting procedures
Anyone who wants to learn the basics of occupational safety & health
Occupational Safety & Health:
- Causes of Accidents
- Importance of Good Housekeeping
- Reporting accidents/unsafe conditions to Supervisor
Award / Certification / Accreditation
A Course Certificate shall be issued
to participants who have viewed at least 75% of the content.
Account access validity period
1 month from the date of registration
1. All applications must be made via Online Registration at www.pace.sp.edu.sg
Course fees can be paid by the following payment modes:
Credit Cards, Internet Banking, NETS (Not Applicable for company sponsored)
a) For e-payment using Visa/Master cards and Internet Banking, please click on the ‘Make e-Payment’ button on the acknowledgement page to proceed.
b) For NETS payment, you can pay at:
Blk T1A, Level 1
Mon-Fri: 8:30am to 7:30pm
c) Please make cheques payable to “Singapore Polytechnic”. Please cross the cheque and write the Registration Reference ID, Applicant Name and NRIC/FIN number on the back of the cheque. Mail the cheque to:
500 Dover Road
Blk T1A, Level 1
Please note that an administrative charge of $15 will be imposed for any returned cheques from the bank or financial institution.
2. All successful applicants will be notified with a letter of confirmation via email.
3. Withdrawal and Deferment
Withdrawal and deferment notice must be made in writing to the Professional & Adult Continuing Education (PACE) Academy, Singapore Polytechnic via email accordingly:
Online Courses - firstname.lastname@example.org
All other Courses – email@example.com
For withdrawal cases, the portion of course fee to be refunded is based on the date of notice as follows:
- 2 weeks before the commencement of the course - Full refund
- Less than 2 weeks before commencement of the course - 70% refund
- On or after date of commencement - No refund
There will be no refund or transfer of course once the account has been created.
The Singapore Polytechnic reserves the right to cancel or postpone any of the courses. Applicants will be duly notified and where applicable, the full fees will be refunded.
The Singapore Polytechnic also reserves the right to amend the fees charged or the period and duration of the courses.
The data provided to Singapore Polytechnic will be kept strictly confidential and will be used for the purpose of course administration. The data may be passed on to the relevant organisations that require the information related to the course.