Have you ever wondered how you could generate relevant information and gain insights from your data using Excel 2016? Become an Excel power user and increase your job efficiency by equipping yourself with emerging data analysis skills.
This fundamental data analysis course is designed to equip you with relevant Excel skills for the purpose of analyzing data in business applications.
You will learn how to import data from various sources, merge data and organize them for visual presentation, and analyze the data to gain insights to support decision making.
By the end of the course, you will have:
- An understanding of how to apply most commonly used statistical and lookup functions.
- The ability to gather data and organize the data for analysis in business.
- Knowledge in chart generation and interpretation.
- The ability to build dashboards using PivotTables and PivotCharts.
- Skills in using Excel What-If Analysis and Data Analysis tools for generating different scenarios of business environment and aiding decision making.
|Collecting and Managing Business Data
- Getting external data from various sources.
- Preparing data using text manipulation.
- Using statistical functions and formulae.
- Extracting data with lookup functions.
- Formatting and conditional formatting.
- Tapping into real data from the Internet for business analysis
- Plotting different types of charts.
- Customizing charts for presentations.
- Using Sparklines.
|Building Dashboard using PivotTables and PivotCharts
- Understanding and use of Excel tables.
- Creating PivotTables to analyze worksheet data.
- Creating dashboards using PivotCharts for visual presentation.
- Adding Slicers and Timelines for interactive display.
- Introducing multi-table PivotTables and data model.
|Decision making using What-If Analysis
- Building Data Tables.
- Building charts from Data Tables.
- Using Scenario Manager for reporting different scenarios.
- Exploring Data Analysis tools.
Practicing a list of tasks that help hone data analysis skills in generating required information.
Public Service Officer, Managers, Administrative Officers, Executives and general public
Minimum Entry Requirements
- Basic computer skills.
- Prior knowledge of Microsoft Excel, although advantageous, is not necessary.
Award / Certification / Accreditation
Certificate of Attendance
SkillsFuture Credit (SFC)
With effect from January 2016, Singaporeans aged 25 years and above who received their SkillsFuture Credit account activation letter will be eligible for an initial credit of $500 which can be used to pay for course fees for a range of eligible skills-related courses. The credits can be used on top of existing course fee subsidies/funding.
This is only applicable for self-sponsored applicants. Application via SkillsFuture Portal can only be made starting from 60 days before the course commencement date.
Skillsfuture (SF) Series
Singaporeans and Singapore PRs are eligible for 70% course fee funding for registration with effect from 28 October 2017. This funding is applicable to both individual and company-sponsored participants.
Participants are required to achieve at least 75% attendance and/or sit and pass any prescribed examinations/assessments or submit any course/project work (if any) under the course requirement.
Singaporeans aged 40 years and above will enjoy a 90% subsidy of course fee.
1. All applications must be made via Online Registration at www.pace.sp.edu.sg
Course fees can be paid by the following payment modes:
Credit Cards, Internet Banking, NETS (Not Applicable for company sponsored)
a) For e-payment using Visa/Master cards and Internet Banking, please click on the ‘Make e-Payment’ button on the acknowledgement page to proceed.
b) For NETS payment, you can pay at:
Blk T1A, Level 1
Mon-Fri: 8:30am to 7:30pm
c) Please make cheques payable to “Singapore Polytechnic”. Please cross the cheque and write the Registration Reference ID, Applicant Name and NRIC/FIN number on the back of the cheque. Mail the cheque to:
500 Dover Road
Blk T1A, Level 1
Please note that an administrative charge of $15 will be imposed for any returned cheques from the bank or financial institution.
2. All successful applicants will be notified with a letter of confirmation via email.
3. Withdrawal and Deferment
Withdrawal and deferment notice must be made in writing to the Professional & Adult Continuing Education (PACE) Academy, Singapore Polytechnic via email accordingly:
Online Courses - firstname.lastname@example.org
All other Courses – email@example.com
For withdrawal cases, the portion of course fee to be refunded is based on the date of notice as follows:
- 2 weeks before the commencement of the course - Full refund
- Less than 2 weeks before commencement of the course - 70% refund
- On or after date of commencement - No refund
- There will be no refund or transfer of course once the account has been created.
The Singapore Polytechnic reserves the right to cancel or postpone any of the courses. Applicants will be duly notified and where applicable, the full fees will be refunded.
The Singapore Polytechnic also reserves the right to amend the fees charged or the period and duration of the courses.
The data provided to Singapore Polytechnic will be kept strictly confidential and will be used for the purpose of course administration. The data may be passed on to the relevant organisations that require the information related to the course.
Back to top